Contribute
Register

How To Install OS X Yosemite Using Clover

Looking for some help, i've got everything else working except I am having a problem with a cold boot.

On a cold boot, it would stay at the black screen with the underscore for about 4 mins, before it progresses to OS X booting. If reboot from OS X without turning the computer off, it'll boot ok.

I did a fresh install of Yosemite with Chameleon, but converted to clover after.

I've attached boot logs, one from a cold boot and one from a regular reboot. They both look the same to me except for the loading times. Also attached is my config.plist.

System specs:
GA-P35-DS3L
Q6600
6 GB Ram
GTX 570
Samsung 840 Pro

Can anybody help me out??

Attachments

• bootlog.log.txt
    19.3 KB · Views: 157
  • cold_bootlog.log.txt
    19.9 KB · Views: 141
  • config.plist.txt
    5.9 KB · Views: 273

STEP 2: Prepare Bootable USB Drive
This step extracts the OS X Installer contents, then installs Clover bootloader to the USB stick.

12. Type the following, enter password and hit enter. This command completely erases the USB, then creates native OS X installer media from the Install OS X Yosemite Application.

Code:
sudo /Applications/Install\ OS\ X\ Yosemite.app/Contents/Resources/createinstallmedia --volume /Volumes/USB --applicationpath /Applications/Install\ OS\ X\ Yosemite.app --no interaction

Upon completion, the USB will be renamed Install OS X Yosemite.

I guess this is the same thing as using DiskMakerX ?
can Someone confirm this.
its a bit more user friendly than using the terminal.

Hi!

I'm using clover of a few days and it's works well but,

Investigating the clover boot log i've found:

200:140 0:296 ** Warning: Your MLB is not suitable for iMessage(must be 17 chars long) !

And iMessage, obviously don't work. "Trying using an old macbook but not have MLB. Is for 2007"

Ant the next thing is that the hardware monitor only recognize the HDD's temperature, not the CPU temp, not frequency, not GPU, ... But if I use the Intel widget, all is good! :confused:

Some idea?

Thanks for this great job

Has anyone gotten this to work well with older motherboards? I've got a Gigabyte EP45T-UD3LR with a Q9650 and 16GB of RAM - the guide doesn't have much (if any) detail on which options to pick for legacy BIOS-based motherboards.

Kinda lost on this...

I'm reading through and preparing to update a working Mavericks install to Yosemite. I tried the Unibeast/Chimera route first and booting from the USB failed with a kernel panic. That process didn't give me a warm fuzzy, so in researching options I found Clover. I've read through a lot of the thread including the first couple of posts and would like to clarify some options:

I have a NVIDIA EVGA GeForce GTX 760 video card. Should I use the Nvidia config.plist instead of the standard one?
I have a Gigabyte Z87X-OC motherboard. Which ethernet kext do I want? I'm not sure how to figure that one out.
Why would I leave the DSDT.aml and SSDT.aml out? It's optional, why?

Thanks much!

I'm reading through and preparing to update a working Mavericks install to Yosemite. I tried the Unibeast/Chimera route first and booting from the USB failed with a kernel panic. That process didn't give me a warm fuzzy, so in researching options I found Clover. I've read through a lot of the thread including the first couple of posts and would like to clarify some options:

I have a NVIDIA EVGA GeForce GTX 760 video card. Should I use the Nvidia config.plist instead of the standard one?
I have a Gigabyte Z87X-OC motherboard. Which ethernet kext do I want? I'm not sure how to figure that one out.
Why would I leave the DSDT.aml and SSDT.aml out? It's optional, why?

Thanks much!

1. I am using GTX 760 too, no modification required.
2. I am not using Z87X-OC. If you are using wireless, you can omit it first then come and fix it later after you have install.
3. Nowadays most gigabyte MB are DSDT free.

Strongly suggest you tried to install and come back again when you face issue.

I use this computer for work, which is why I'm asking questions up front to try to minimize downtown once I start the refresh. I also do not use wireless and would like the network to work. How can I figure out which ethernet kext I'm using on my current Mavericks installation?

I also have Chimera 4.0.1 installed as my bootloader. Will that have to be changed?

As i understand Clover itself its already a boot loader, so you no longer using Chimera. However you should use the search button as there are so many guide out there are using Z87-OC, its better you follow them exactly.

Hello :) everything's working fine on my H61M-DS2 :) thanks so much!

But its Mackintosh so 1 problem is here :D -> When I am booting PC I always stuck on Instant menu!
so I have to select my system :( (just press enter) but its annoying .. Cuz I just want to press power button and go to the kitchen for example and don't wait until boot loader started..

Any ideas? :( in org.chameleon.Boot:

Code:
	<key>EthernetBuiltIn</key>
	<string>Yes</string>
	<key>GraphicsEnabler</key>
	<string>No</string>
	<key>IGPEnabler</key>
	<string>Yes</string>
	<key>Kernel Flags</key>
	<string>kext-dev-mode=1</string>
	<key>Legacy Logo</key>
	<string>Yes</string>
	<key>Timeout</key>
	<string>2</string>
        <key>HDEFLayoutID</key>
        <string>01000000</string>
        <key>GenerateCStates</key>
        <string>Yes</string>
        <key>GeneratePStates</key>
        <string>Yes</string>
        <key>UseKernelCache</key>
        <string>Yes</string>
        <key>HDAEnabler</key>
        <string>Yes</string>

I thinks everything is ok :) ... so where is the problem? :/ thanks!!!

Back