Contribute
Register

How To Install OS X Yosemite Using Clover

Boot with -v and take a screen shot of the last line output when it gets stuck and no longer proceeds.

Hi, thanks for taking the time to respond. I have been on it for two days consistently and I have worked out what the problem was. I was getting past the screenshots to the beach ball and it was sticking there. My destination drive had data on it. Somehow this was stopping the installation even though the drive wasn't actually being used as yet. USB stayed exactly the same and then finally after formatting the destination drive and trying the installation it worked. I also used the older version of clover which worked perfectly.
Multiple reboot without the USB drive in the machine and everything comes back flawlessly.
Now for audio hdmi and iMessage. Hope that doesn't take as long.
I don't think that anyone has mentioned the destination drive being wiped as a pre requisite. Standard config.plist worked for me and the customac mini deluxe build.

I'm trying to get my iMessage working with little success. I followed the instructions pretty well and I input the figures from iMessage_debug as instructed. I keep getting that I could not sign in and An error occurred during activation.

The only area I can think that something is wrong is that iMessage_debug gives me a figure for ROM (there is one space in the number - is that right) and when I go to RtVariable and calculate I agree with all of the figures but it gives me a completely different ROM below in the calculated figures. I would believe that these should be identical. I used that number with no success also.

If I boot with the USB (same config.plist) it gives me close to the number but with no space that iMessage_debug gave me.

Any ideas?

Once again everyone here has been great!!

You should not be hitting the Calculate button - all you need is to enter the ROM & MLB Values at the top. Yes ROM value has a space in it. Try again and report back. :thumbup:

You should not be hitting the Calculate button - all you need is to enter the ROM & MLB Values at the top. Yes ROM value has a space in it. Try again and report back. :thumbup:

I went through the process again without calculating on boot the \EFI partition (hidden) as well as the root drive directory and I still get the Activation error.

Also I have a boot file in the hidden EFI partition and one on the system drive. Which one is used? I have a series 6 MB set to UEFI boot but I install the BIOS option. Yesterday I moved the boot file from the root (may be there wasn't one in the hidden EFI partition) partition which completely crashed my system. I'm back up and running again but what a pain.

Thanks for your help.

I'm stuck trying to get either keyboard or mouse response within the Yosemite installer - ie can't get as far as installing it.

Reckon I've read and tried everything I can find in this article and thread, and elsewhere.
Clover recognises and responds to the keyboard. But the Yosemite installer does one of two things: 1. Shows the installer app with a mouse cursor but fails to respond to (magic) mouse or (wired) keyboard; or 2. Shows nothing but those graphics that are asking you to turn on your Bluetooth keyboard and mouse.

I've tried every one of the USB ports on the box, front and back. Have also tried waiting ages, but nothing changes. Have also tried turning off USB ownership etc injection via the Clover boot option. Also tried turning those on and off in the Clover config.plist.

This is a GA-Z77X-UP5 TH, and the BIOS is unchanged since it was running Mavericks happily for the past year or so. Support for legacy USB devices is turned on.

When I boot the USB drive on my MBA the trackpad and keyboard work fine in the Yosemite installer app.

How did others get past this?

I'm stuck trying to get either keyboard or mouse response within the Yosemite installer - ie can't get as far as installing it.

Reckon I've read and tried everything I can find in this article and thread, and elsewhere.
Clover recognises and responds to the keyboard. But the Yosemite installer does one of two things: 1. Shows the installer app with a mouse cursor but fails to respond to (magic) mouse or (wired) keyboard; or 2. Shows nothing but those graphics that are asking you to turn on your Bluetooth keyboard and mouse.

I've tried every one of the USB ports on the box, front and back. Have also tried waiting ages, but nothing changes. Have also tried turning off USB ownership etc injection via the Clover boot option. Also tried turning those on and off in the Clover config.plist.

This is a GA-Z77X-UP5 TH, and the BIOS is unchanged since it was running Mavericks happily for the past year or so. Support for legacy USB devices is turned on.

When I boot the USB drive on my MBA the trackpad and keyboard work fine in the Yosemite installer app.

How did others get past this?

On the clover PCI devices menu, try enabling USB ownership and injection.

Success in installing Clover and Yosemite after about a day of tinkering around. I upgraded from Mountain Lion to Yosemite and changed the Chimera to Clover.

Issues I faced and workarounds:
- I used the latest Clover r2988 but it kept giving me black screen on boot or hangups. I swapped to the r2953 like in the example above and it started installing.
- It managed to install all the way to Step 4: Post Installation, where it would not boot into the HDD no matter what. It kept giving "boot0:error" overtime I used the HDD to boot.. I had to boot from USB and using clover boot manager to get to the HDD install. In short, from there I used terminal and the instructions in the "EFI/CLOVER/doc/Installation.txt" on installing the boot files to the EFI partition. That solved the boot issue.

Only the USB3 port seems to only want to work with USB3 devices but I guess thats a kext issue.

Edit:
1) I reinstalled the whole setup again and found that the HDD just won't boot no matter what I did. So I did what this link suggested (http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/to...mula-haswell-4770k-successfulcloveruefi-mode/) and made a USB stick in step 7 and it booted there after.

2) Another thing that stopped working was Messenger and FaceTime and icloud with errors like "you cannot log in at this time". I solved this by deleting NetworkInterfaces.plist in S/L/Preferences/SystemConfiguration and also removing by Bluetooth dongle. This was caused by the system assigning en0 to BT instead of Ethernet. Once Ethernet was en0 it was OK.

3) Just to note, smUUID will not be the same as the one I placed in config.plist. It stays the same after every boot but is different from my manual entry. MLB and ROM(this has a a space) is the same as per my definition in config.plist. Messenger works though, with the different smUUID, so I am fine with it.

My setup: i3770 ASRock Z77Pro3 with 1.90 BIOS modified. 285GTX with 2 monitors and one monitor on the HD4000 port.

I'm trying to get my iMessage working with little success. I followed the instructions pretty well and I input the figures from iMessage_debug as instructed. I keep getting that I could not sign in and An error occurred during activation.

The only area I can think that something is wrong is that iMessage_debug gives me a figure for ROM (there is one space in the number - is that right) and when I go to RtVariable and calculate I agree with all of the figures but it gives me a completely different ROM below in the calculated figures. I would believe that these should be identical. I used that number with no success also.

If I boot with the USB (same config.plist) it gives me close to the number but with no space that iMessage_debug gave me.

Any ideas?

Once again everyone here has been great!!

Hey, check my post in the relevant thread:

http://www.tonymacx86.com/general-help/110471-how-fix-imessage-204.html#post912422

This was the only thing I missed! And I thought I was reading thoroughly :p

I still don't have iMessage working with the Activation Error. I was wondering since I have a GTX 650 graphic card I have "Inject NVidia" checked as well as "Inject Intel" checked in step 5. Would that make a difference in getting iMessage Activated?

Thanks again for the help.

I finally have Clover installed and Yosemite is working well. One problem I have is when I go to Shutdown Yosemite will shutdown but will restart again. I went into the BIOS and I already have Wake on Lan disabled. Anyone else have the same problem?

Back