Contribute
Register

How To Install OS X Yosemite Using Clover

Hello everyone, I'm trying to install Yosemite in another Hard Drive to test it with Clover but I cant have the installation screen. I'm using a mobo gigabyte x58a-ud3r, I followed this guide to create de USB and I read that I need this bootflags to start the installation -v cpus=1 npci=0x2000 apart from the once that comes with clover (kext-dev-mode=1 and dart=0) that's right?. How can I boot the installation menu?. If I used a DSDT for multibeast I must use it again here in clover USB?.

Thank you.

I think your motherboard may not need a DSDT. Check in the Downloads section to see if that's true. Otherwise, you can download one there. Are you saying that the Clover boot selection screen isn't coming up? When you say installation menu, are you referring to the OS X Yosemite install menu?

I'm unsure as to the order of steps to get the iMessage fix working. Where do you grab an original serial from?

Thanks!

I've heard that unique serial code is required for the iMessage fix to work, but I'm unsure as to where I would grab that from. Surely not my existing imac? And do I do all of this before I run the OSX install or after?

I've heard that unique serial code is required for the iMessage fix to work, but I'm unsure as to where I would grab that from. Surely not my existing imac? And do I do all of this before I run the OSX install or after?

I just finished the process yesterday.
when I followed the guide using Clover Configurator, I entered the info from the iMessage.debug output that I ran from my Hackintosh Mavericks Multibeast install. I did not enter a serial number using Chameleon. After using Clover Configurator in my Yosemite install, I rebooted and got the message to call Apple with the code. When I called they asked me for my serial number. I gave them the serial number from my real iMac. They cleared the code and iMessage and FaceTime worked.
Any questions, let me know.
Len

I just finished the process yesterday.
when I followed the guide using Clover Configurator, I entered the info from the iMessage.debug output that I ran from my Hackintosh Mavericks Multibeast install. I did not enter a serial number using Chameleon. After using Clover Configurator in my Yosemite install, I rebooted and got the message to call Apple with the code. When I called they asked me for my serial number. I gave them the serial number from my real iMac. They cleared the code and iMessage and FaceTime worked.
Any questions, let me know.
Len

Thanks for the reply Len. I have noticed that that is how people seem to be working this issue out. My problem is though, that this is my first hackintosh build and I don't have an existing installation running on anything other than a legit iMac. What should I do at that point?

Thanks for the reply Len. I have noticed that that is how people seem to be working this issue out. My problem is though, that this is my first hackintosh build and I don't have an existing installation running on anything other than a legit iMac. What should I do at that point?

You can generate the required values in Clover Configurator and then update your config.plist file. You can generate a unique Smuuid # in terminal with uuidgen. The latest Clover Configurator gets the ROM and MLB values from the following fields in Clover Configurator:

ROM value is taken from the last 12 hexadecimal values of your Smuuid. The MLB value is read from the Board Serial Number field. It can be generate by taking your serial number and adding random alpha / numeric digits to make it 17 digits.

This thread has a lot of information on how to get iMessage going:

http://www.tonymacx86.com/general-help/110471-how-fix-imessage.html

Hope this helps.

I have tried many of variables here to install Clover on the HD (runs fine from the USB) but when I get to Step 3: Install OS X Yosemite Line 5 Boot into OS X Install it fails.

The progress goes to about 50% and then the monitor disconnects likes it's going into sleep mode (nothing can be done to wake the monitor). The USB stick flashes every so often like it's trying to do something but nothing happens. I can't get to the OS X Installer.

Then I boot directly back into Yosemite from the same USB stick and everything works fine. Any ideas?

What can I upload to help?

Thanks

I have tried many of variables here to install Clover on the HD (runs fine from the USB) but when I get to Step 3: Install OS X Yosemite Line 5 Boot into OS X Install it fails.

The progress goes to about 50% and then the monitor disconnects likes it's going into sleep mode (nothing can be done to wake the monitor). The USB stick flashes every so often like it's trying to do something but nothing happens. I can't get to the OS X Installer.

Then I boot directly back into Yosemite from the same USB stick and everything works fine. Any ideas?

What can I upload to help?

Thanks

Are you using the same config.plist you used when booting into OS X using the USB stick?

You can generate the required values in Clover Configurator and then update your config.plist file. You can generate a unique Smuuid # in terminal with uuidgen. The latest Clover Configurator gets the ROM and MLB values from the following fields in Clover Configurator:

ROM value is taken from the last 12 hexadecimal values of your Smuuid. The MLB value is read from the Board Serial Number field. It can be generate by taking your serial number and adding random alpha / numeric digits to make it 17 digits.

This thread has a lot of information on how to get iMessage going:

http://www.tonymacx86.com/general-help/110471-how-fix-imessage.html

Hope this helps.

Thanks emjay! Im closer now. Could you possibly be more specific about how to go about doing all of that?

To save you some time, I do have Clover Configurator up and I have that basic understanding down. But what pages do I do all of this on? And how to I go about filing in the rest of the steps on adding in those values? (Rest of them as in the ones after i have it generate the UUID and board number and all of that.

Back