Contribute
Register

How To Install OS X Yosemite Using Clover

Hi telepati,

I don't know if you had found a solution to your black screen problem but it seems like you moved to post-installation so i assume that you did. If so, can you share how?
(Mother)board serial number and serial number are NOT the same.

Deleted GenericUSB Kext and all a USB working now.
But are they working at USB 3.0 speeds? Without the generic kext I only had usb 2.0 speeds.

Please can someone confirm when creating the new config.plist file using the clover configurator, the smbios settings for entry 4 and 5 are the same values.
The picture diagram isn't clear on this and I know that a lot of effort has gone into this but if this was a little clearer, it would be great.

Deleted GenericUSB Kext and all a USB working now.

USB3 ports are not working for me, I have tried to install GenericUSBXHCI_1.2.8d7 kext, Universal USB3 from multibeast 7.0.1 and now deleted GenericUSB kext. Still only USB2 ports are working.

USB3 ports are not working for me, I have tried to install GenericUSBXHCI_1.2.8d7 kext, Universal USB3 from multibeast 7.0.1 and now deleted GenericUSB kext. Still only USB2 ports are working.
You must add to config.plist the "kext-dev-mode=1" flag

under Boot, use the following config:

Code:
<key>Boot</key>
<dict>
   <key>Arguments</key>
   <string>kext-dev-mode=1</string>
</dict>

The USB3 kext won't load at boot because is not signed with Apple's key. You could also try to boot with this flag by pressing the space bar at boot and entering this text manually.

Also, you may want to copy that kext to /System/Library/Extensions/

Code:
<key>Boot</key>
<dict>
   <key>Arguments</key>
</dict>

The USB3 kext won't load at boot because is not signed with Apple's key. You could also try to boot with this flag by pressing the space bar at boot and entering this text manually.

Here is my default config:

Code:
</dict>
    <key>Boot</key>
    <dict>
        <key>Arguments</key>
        <string>dart=0 kext-dev-mode=1</string>
        <key>DefaultVolume</key>
        <string>MacHDD</string>
        <key>Legacy</key>
        <string>PBR</string>
        <key>Log</key>
        <true/>
        <key>Secure</key>
        <false/>
        <key>Timeout</key>
        <integer>10</integer>
        <key>XMPDetection</key>
        <string>NO</string>
    </dict>

Shall I delete dart=0?

Code:
<key>Boot</key>
<dict>
   <key>Arguments</key>
</dict>

cant you load that as a boot option in clover Configurator?

No Clover GUI and partial screen display from SSD but not from USB stick

Hi Everyone,
I have a problem with Clover GUI on my MX100 SSD, but not on the USB Drive.
I followed the guide to make the USB boot stick and it work perfectly. I installed Clover and Yosemite on the SSD with no problem... except that I can't boot with a GUI for Clover and on my SSD.
1/ SSD is set as first boot volume
2/ The rig starts and I get Clover without GUI (10 fat text lines of boot choice, boot options, about clover, exit Clover, etc.)
3/ If I choose to boot from the SSD, my 2 Apple cinema displays are badly recognized : I only have the top left quarter of the screen active, with artefacts, but the system is active (I can see the apple menu and choose restart or shutdown)
4/ If I choose to exit clover instead of booting, after a rescan of the drives, the USB drive is recognized and Clover boots WITH GUI
5/ I can then choose to boot Yosemite installed on the SSD and it works

I tried to copy the config.file (the standard one) and the drivers64UEFI folder from the USB stick to the EFI partition of the SSD, not working. Any idea ? Thks in advance.

Gigabyte Z68X-UD3-B3
ATI RADEON HD 6870
2 Apple Cinema Display

Hi,

I got a few questions after playing around with the clover bootloader from a usb stick before I take the plunge and transition fully to clover on my HDD to replace Chimera.

1-"Navigate to /EFI/CLOVER/kexts/10.10/"
There is no such folder, it only goes up to 10.9, do I simply create a 10.10 folder?

2-"Navigate to /EFI/CLOVER/drivers64UEFI/ remove VBoxHfs-64.efi and add HFSPlus.efi"
This is only when creating the usb install thumbdrive and not listed in the post-install section. Isn't HFSPlus.efi required? Why isn't it used on the hdd install of clover?

3-Last but not least, what does Drop OEM_DSM do in Clover configurator's ACPI pane? I'm using my old trusty patched DSDT.aml and everything seems to work fine with nothing at all ticket on the ACPI pane.

Thanks!

I did the same thing you did. Test drove Clover on a USB stick and got a good config.plist going and then took the plunge.

Regarding #1 - Yes, just create your own 10.10 folder on the HDD.

Regarding #2 - Haha. I had the same question you did. It turns out that HFSPlus.efi is an alternative to VBoxHfs-64.efi. So no need to remove it and replace with HFSPlus.efi on the HDD.

I didn't use a DSDT so I'm afraid I can't help with #3.

Good luck.

Reply to FastFuel:

Did you try installing CsmVideoDxe.efi when installing Clover? It's supposed to provide a wider set of resolutions than UEFI does.

For your video issue booting from the SSD. You modified the config.plist on your SSDs EFI partion? Are you injecting ATI? I think I remember seeing somewhere that ATI 6XXX cards don't need injection. Probably best to experiment with config.plist. Is integrated graphics disabled in bios and correct PCIe slot is set in Initial Display Output in bios?

Hope that helps

Back