Contribute
Register

How To Install OS X Yosemite Using Clover

OK, I finished my Clover Yosemite install, I did the iMessage debug per Lexone, I have everything running, USB, webcam, sound, video, bluetooth. Seems solid.
My ethernet was set to en1, and I couldn't get into App Store, iMessage etc.
I deleted a few plist files, rebooted and ethernet was en0.
I then signed into App Store successfully, but when I sign into iMessage and FaceTime, I am getting the code to call Apple to verify my Apple ID. I called when I verified my Mavericks ID and that fixed iMessage then.
Is there anything else I should do before I call? When I have called in the past I gave them my legit iMac serial with no problems. Should I do the same?

Thanks
Len

I'm hoping someone can help me. When I load Yosemite and my computer restarts for the 2nd time the guide says "When Clover boot screen is visible, choose Yosemite". But when my computer restarts and I boot into Clover I only have the option "Boot OS X Install from OS X Install OS X Yosemite". I boot into this and it reinstalls Yosemite again, the computer restarts, but I don't get the "choose Yosemite" option.

I got it to work....just keep hitting install and restarting and it eventually I could get into Yosemite.

Hey,

after installing Yosemite and I boot from the USB it works without any problems, I can use my mouse and keyboard, but then after the boot process I can't use them.
What can be the problem.

System

Gigabyte S-1150 GA-Z87MX-D3H
Intel Xenon E3 Haswell
GTX 770

.....When I have called in the past I gave them my legit iMac serial with no problems. Should I do the same?

Thanks
Len

Same problem. Thanks.
I removed all my interfaces through SystemPreferences/Network/-
Deleted the file /Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration/NetworkInterfaces.plist
Rebooted
Added ethernet interface in /System/Preferences/Network/+

OK, I finished my Clover Yosemite install, I did the iMessage debug per Lexone, I have everything running, USB, webcam, sound, video, bluetooth. Seems solid.
I deleted a few plist files, rebooted and ethernet was en0.
I then signed into App Store successfully, but when I sign into iMessage and FaceTime, I am getting the code to call Apple to verify my Apple ID. I called when I verified my Mavericks ID and that fixed iMessage then.
Is there anything else I should do before I call? When I have called in the past I gave them my legit iMac serial with no problems. Should I do the same?

Thanks
Len

Any advice?
Is there anything I should check in Clover Configurator before I call Apple?
Thank you for your help.
Len

HI guys! I successfully installed yosemite with clover, the only problem is that I can't get the clover resolution to 1920 x 1080. i did enable patch Vbios in graphics and select 1920 x 1080 in GUI but still no luck.. can anyone help me on how can I make the resolution to 1920 x 1080.. thanks in advance.

Edit: I have an Nvidia geforce gtx 760 graphics card.

follow the guide from tonymacx86 but edit the config.plist with below detail :
in my case… i solve the stop sign with below :

<key>USB</key>
<dict>
<key>FixOwnership</key>
<true/>
<key>Inject</key>
<true/>
</dict>

in my experience, the stop circle related with usb 3.0

fyi, i tried both USB3 and 2, same result.

And thanks Wildpack. I will persevere.

Q for pros! Is there a possibility to cr8 custom fusion drive with Clover method??? I got fully working system with SSD and HDD. now start thinking about Fusion))

I installed Clover but it's still booting using Chameleon...

I upgraded to Yosemite from Mavericks while still using Chimera 4.0. Now I am trying to switch from Chimera to Clover.

I was able to get the USB drive working using Clover, so I installed Yosemite over Yosemite, I did the post-install (installed Clover onto my SSD). But when I reboot it still uses Chimera (Chameleon) instead of Clover.

If I run the Clover installer again it says "Upgrade" next to...

Install for UEFI booting only
Install Clover in the ESP
Drivers64UEFI -> OsXAptioFixDrv-64
Install RC scripts on target volume

What did I miss? :(

Back