Contribute
Register

How To Install OS X Yosemite Using Clover

Hi.

Ive been using my hackintosh hp2570 with clover Yosemite succesfully for a week or so. Suddenly today th wifi connection keeps disconnecting.

Last installations were Office 2011 and Cocktail. And hide the Thunderbolt 1.2 update via terminal. Wanted to post here to know if it has happened to anyone else. Before I pull the trigger and do a Clean install.

thanks

EDIT: Problem solved... it was my Router... solved it with a power reset to the Router... Mods you can delete this post...

Can I install on an external boot partition?
Is there anything special I need to do when I finally boot from that partition after the USB install?

Thanks
Len

I have been a longtime user of Chimera, so I know that all my hardware should work great with OSX, and I wanted to switch to Clover in order to complete the picture and use iMessage. I duplicated my successful, Yosemite/Chimera installation onto a new SSD, so that I could experiment with the new bootloader. So my installation method was purely to do the "post-installation" method for Clover. I attempted UEFI settings since my mobo is UEFI, but after rebooting, Chimera still wanted to handle the boot instead of Clover. I then reran the Clover installation and selected the settings for standard BIOS instead. I feel really close now since I can get to the Clover Boot Manager screen. But I am having trouble getting into OSX after selecting the boot volume. The boot loader will fail and simply restart the computer.

I have tried a variety of boot flag combinations with no success. I have attached the verbose output right before failure. The weird line that seems to be the error line is:

"BUG in process suhelperd[237]: over-released legacy external boost assertions (0 total, 0 external, 0 legacy-external)"

Here are my system specs:
Mobo: Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UP5-TH
Proc: Intel i7 3770K
SSD: Samsung 840 EVO
Graphics: NVIDIA GTX 580

All of the above works great in Chimera!
I made sure to follow the part of the guide that injects NVIDIA graphics, and I copied the appropriate Intel ethernet kext for my Mobo.

If anyone knows what that error message could clue me, please help!

Attachments

• IMG_0024.jpg
    IMG_0024.jpg
    761.2 KB · Views: 251
Warning - Better straighten out iMessage before using Yosemite.

Had Yosemite running with Chimera for a week, everything fine except iMessages.

Installed Yosemite with Clover. Have yet to apply configurations for iMessages to work. However, iCloud doesn't work, can't sign into App Store, says to contact Apple.

I suspect making the patches specified in post #2 is a priority.

I have been a longtime user of Chimera, so I know that all my hardware should work great with OSX, and I wanted to switch to Clover ....So my installation method was purely to do the "post-installation" method for Clover. I...

People are tearing their hair out trying to get the correct configuration (config.plist) for Clover to boot. A lot of this thread is related to this problem. In my case, I had to edit DSDT to get sound to work with Clover even though it worked great with Chimera.

IMHO Knowing everything works will Chimera will just confirm you've got a problem with Clover :)

Hi.

Ive been using my hackintosh hp2570 with clover Yosemite succesfully for a week or so. Suddenly today th wifi connection keeps disconnecting.

Last installations were Office 2011 and Cocktail. And hide the Thunderbolt 1.2 update via terminal. Wanted to post here to know if it has happened to anyone else. Before I pull the trigger and do a Clean install.

thanks

EDIT: Problem solved... it was my Router... solved it with a power reset to the Router... Mods you can delete this post...

Can You please create your own Guide, Installing 10.10 with clover...Because the people are not informative with what they did regarding their success. I have tried several ticks on clover latest version, to create bootable usb and no success. I will create mine in detail when i archive success as i always do. The main guide is not clear that's why people aren't getting success. Help us please, you said you did this twice.

People are tearing their hair out trying to get the correct configuration (config.plist) for Clover to boot. A lot of this thread is related to this problem. In my case, I had to edit DSDT to get sound to work with Clover even though it worked great with Chimera.

IMHO Knowing everything works will Chimera will just confirm you've got a problem with Clover :)

what did you do to your DSDT to get sound working. Guys please be informative. Can you also outline your basic understanding regarding the (config.plist).

With the iMac presset, my cpu won't hit turbo boost aka won't overclock.

So, if my system says iMac, then I can't over clock??

Z87X-UD7 TH Motherboard, what plist should I use? things seem to boot fine when i use the standard plist, but can I use the 4600 plist? dual screens do work with one plugged into the 4600 and one plugged into the 770.

My board has a bridge so i need an edited dsdt to get my evga 770 to work and it does with toledas Bridge injection code... I used my working DSDT from mavericks install (unibeast and multi beast) to get HDMI working but when i install Yosemite using clover, my bridge is working thus the hdmi audio is showing for my 770 but that sit... i gather i need to install the multi beast audio... how do i di that?

@tonymac, you have this board, i thing the general tutorial is for our motherboards, is there anything I need to do thats not on you instructions?

Should I over clock before I install? how about changing CPU's to the newest (4790 canyonridge I think)... will that require a reinstall or change my serials? i don't like the idea of calling apple to help fix a mackintosh... how safe is that?

Editing config.plist file for USB:

Pre-requisites:
  • One of the downloaded config.plist files (start with Standard one)
  • View attachment 109255
  • Clover Configurator (recommended version 2953 or later)

1. Download config.plist file
  2. Open Clover Configurator
    • File>Import Configuration>select downloaded config.plist
  3. Click Acpi (only if using DSDT, if no DSDT skip to Step 4.)
  4. Click Boot
    • Keep defaults and check box for kext-dev-mode=1
    • Remove "Default Boot Volume" text or replace with your boot volume name
    • Set XMP Detect to No
    • View attachment 108076
  5. Click Graphics
    • If using Intel IGFX/IGPU, accept the default (checked) otherwise uncheck "Inject Intel"
    • View attachment 108077
  6. Run iMessage_Debug and keep terminal window open
  7. Click Rt Variables in Clover Configurator
  8. Click SMBIOS
  9. Close Clover Configurator
  10. Place edited config file in /EFI/EFI/CLOVER directory

when i run through this process I get "ROM: Failed and MLB Failed"...? I am trying to edit the plist on my Mavericks install as I wasn't sure if your steps came after the clean Yosemite install (clean) or before... what should I do?

Back