Contribute
Register

How To Install OS X Yosemite Using Clover

I have a basic question. Why do we format a UniBeast Yosemite Installer USB as MBR but a Clover-based Yosemite Installer as GPT?

Do both support the ability to boot but MBR is for pre-UEFI and GPT for UEFI?

I have a silly question.
If I have 10.10 installed on a SSD at present, can I carbon copy it to a different drive and then run Clover bootloader to the new drive?
Yes

The reason 2976 works is a new version of VBoxHfs.efi, and no you can't use both. In testing HFSPlus.efi (an Apple driver that can't be redistributed) is faster and more stable... A lot of people use VBoxHfs.efi as it's installed by default by Clover and works fine on an existing install. The problem with it is installing OS X, then HFSPlus.efi is required (until now).

I made it through to the other side, guys! I followed the instructions exactly (for a clean Yosemite install) and once I got everything setup to my liking with MultiBeast, I got the Customer Code prompt. After 70 minutes on hold (what do you expect - it's a Saturday!), they got me squared away. Yosemite + iMessage + FaceTime. All is well.

Thanks as always to this site for being so fastidious about keeping dead-simple guides current!

I got the Customer Code prompt. After 70 minutes on hold (what do you expect - it's a Saturday!), they got me squared away. Yosemite + iMessage + FaceTime. All is well.

Did they ask you for serial # or was it pretty straightforward?

That looks ok to me. Use Clover configurator when done to uncheck "Inject Intel" as it doesn't look like you need integrated graphics according to your system profile. Let us know how it goes.

EDIT:

Attaching my config.plist from my r2795 Clover USB. Note though that I use an AMD graphics card so you'll need to make these changes if you want to do it manually instead of using Clover Configurator:

Change:

<key>ATI</key>
<true/>
<key>Intel</key>
<false/>
<key>NVidia</key>
<false/>

To:

<key>ATI</key>
<false/>
<key>Intel</key>
<false/>
<key>NVidia</key>
<true/>

Ok I have tried this too - I am just beating my head against the wall here with this Clover booting.

Here is the scenario - SATA SSD with Yosemite installed via upgrade from a healthy Mavs Hack.

Chimera won't boot the Drive without the -f flag, but with the -f flag everything (except for iMessage) works perfectly just as it had in mavericks before the upgrade.

Attempting to get the box to boot Clover results in a Clover splash screen on both versions (Clover 2795 & Clover 2976)

The problem is that I cannot get past the "Ghostbusters Sign" from boot with clover.

The box inits, finds the NIC, finds the ATI GPU assigns a thermal mgmt and then just hangs hard. This happens from USB 2.0 ports, and USB 3.0 ports with nothing but the thumb drive and the Keyboard attached.

Specs:
Gigabyte Z68MA-D2H-B3 U1C UEFI BIOS
Intel Core i5-2500K
HD3000 GPU
ATI 7870 2G GPU
16G of Ram

In the BIOS I can enable XHCI & EHCI handoff (and I have tried it all 8 ways). Any ideas on getting clover to handle the handoff here?

Thanks!

~Staypuft

For some reason my System Definition is that one of a 27" iMac, 2012.

How do I change it to MacPro3,1 on Clover?

For some reason my System Definition is that one of a 27" iMac, 2012.

How do I change it to MacPro3,1 on Clover?
Why would you change it, Clover detects from hardware the correct sys def.

Did they ask you for serial # or was it pretty straightforward?

Initially they did but they don't use it for anything useful (the main call center folks are required to ask it).

I gave them the Clover-generated SN (my machine was identified as a late-2012 iMac) and they took care of me after that long hold. They corrected their records while I was on hold and was good to go right away.

With the iMac presset, my cpu won't hit turbo boost aka won't overclock.

Back