Contribute
Register

How To Install OS X Yosemite Using Clover

Is this guide applicable to laptop?

I followed the guide to do the installation on Sony VPCSE2 laptop and it stopped with "Waiting for root device". Anything had similar issue?

For the spinning beachball people

Clover Configurator is your friend. You absolutely need to use it to IMPORT the "config.plist", make edits, and them EXPORT CONFIGURATION AS.

IMHO, the Guide must have more information on making edits.

Anyways, I've determined that the basic tonymac config.plist need USB edits. On the DEVICES screen of Clover Configurator, under USB, tick off the following boxes: Inject, AddClockID, FixOwnership. Kinda makes sense because my motherboard has Legacy USB.

Thanks for your hints... I agree with you when I got started, i did not really get the concept of the Clover configurator just by following this guide... however. I am still stuck at the spinning beachball :/

Has anyone yet used a Z87MX-D3H and give me some hints on used Bios and Clover settings?

Thanks for your hints... I agree with you when I got started, i did not really get the concept of the Clover configurator just by following this guide... however. I am still stuck at the spinning beachball :/

Has anyone yet used a Z87MX-D3H and give me some hints on used Bios and Clover settings?

I followed the Clover instructions explicitly, i.e. using all suggested settings. The only problem in the Clover wiki was that it didn't mention that FakeSMC was required.

Using the Clover supplied config.plist, I worked backwards to come up with the comments to add USB stuff.

I'd suggest using the Clover supplied config.plist instead of Tonymac's. If successful, work backwards with Clover Configurator.
(In a previous post I think I mentioned a couple of driver options that I didn't use. In the end, it didn't seem to really matter for me.)

How do i navigate to efi/...

done all steps up to there not sure what to do now

Im trying to figure out what settings for clover Yosetmite installer to use for a ex58-ud5 its a older gigabyte drive with a core i7.. The screen shots im talking about are the 2 that seem to set the bootloader.. on on the left and one on the right, they look like they have different settings and im assuming one is for bios and one is for efi..

Also im assuming I should start with the amd config file since I have a 290x card?

any thoughts?

Installed! However, I have spent at least 20 hours over a few days doing this. So perseverance can sometimes pay off.

I will continue to make some suggestions for the Guide over the next week or so. Unless someone says "thanks", but not necessary :)

In Step 3: Install OSX Yosemite, at step 8 it was a nail biter. Even though the OS X installed said "a second left", it took between 5 and 10 MINUTES to complete the write to the SSD and reboot. I'd suggest the Guide include expected durations when thing take longer than might expected. A few times I suspect that I gave up early and hit reset.

In Step 4: Post-Installation, at step 4 I realized my ethernet didn't work. Not sure why. I did however have all the software copied onto a USB drive. Might be a good suggestion for the Guide.

at step 6, it says to edit config.plist. I simply copied my existing "working" config.plist that I'd used on the USB installer drive. Correct?

Wondering why Clover is configured differently for the SSD than the USB installation drive. Specifically, there's no NullPowerManagement nor HFSPlus. (Note that Clover supplied config.plist seems to have additional options that appear to duplicate what's in NullPowerManagement, but I'm just guessing here.) There's other differences in the screen shots.

My ethernet started working after a couple of boots. I suspect I inadvertently was booting from USB installation drive (it was plugged in) and the USB Clover doesn't work, but the SSD Clover install does support ethernet.

For newbies, a link could be included to where to find/generate DSDT.aml and SSDT.aml. (I'm still looking where to get SSDT) The Clover Configuration explicitly states a file name for DSDT, but not SSDT. Assume this isn't a problem.

In Step 2: Prepare Bootable USB Drive, step 16 says "Choose the USB, now called Install OS X Yosemite". I think this exact text should be copied to all the other applicable steps that say "Choose the USB". It would add to the Consistency.

Consistency, Completeness, and Correctness. I congratulate the authors of the Guide for getting the "Correctness" spot on. Most of my nitpicks are against Consistency. Any suggestions are made solely for Completeness. Again, good job on the Guide. ( I can say that now that I've successfully installed :) )

Probably a stupid question but. When I reboot after the post installation instructions (installing clover on Yosemite disk, copying kext and applying the right config) my pc just says that there is no proper boot device. When I select my Samsung EVO SSD manual from boot menu it doesn't work either but when I pick the installation USB (via UEFI) clover boots just fine.

Am I missing something? I literally executed everything in step 4 without any errors.

S....then selecting the drive you installed the OS onto so that you can run post-install stuff with MultiBeast? ....

So I can run MultiBeast for configuration in Step 4 Post-Configuration. Given that the ethernet kext is already specified in the Clover boot loader, I suppose it doesn't need to be re-specified? Or does it matter?

Is there anything specific to be aware of running MultiBeast given a Clover boot loader is being used.

edit: OK, yes use MultiBeast. Note specifically in Audio drivers the box "Optional EFI Installed Bootloader Support", i.e. doesn't update the Chimera Bootlist.plist

How To Install OS X Yosemite Using Clover - iMessage_debug not returning ROM, MLB values

I'm trying to get iMessage_debug to work, but it's not returning the ROM or MLB values. Interestingly, it did when I tried to run this before. I am getting all other values. I have a GA-Z77Z-UD5HP motherboard with a Radeon graphics card. Any thoughts? Leone, are you out there?

Thanks for the help.

Monte

Back