Contribute
Register

How To Install OS X Yosemite Using Clover

I am booting with Clover and UEFI, so normal boot takes me less than 50 seconds, installation boot takes less than 2 minutes. Not sure how long with EFI, but Chimera/Unibeast usually took around 1 min 47 seconds for normal boot and less than 3 minutes for installation boot when I used them.

Try a different USB slot or different USB stick and see where you get.

I know some boot flags may be needed with your motherboard when using Unibeast/Chimera, so bear that in mind as well.

http://www.tonymacx86.com/mavericks...-success-ga-h55m-ud2h-f11-core-i3-8400gs.html

Good Luck
Spang1974

Damn You......

I just managed to boot the USB and was going to report back. And then I see your post.

By diddling the config.plist with Clover Configuration I managed to get past the "no entry" sign and to the spinning beachball. After about 8 hours of trying, I spent another day following the Clover wiki. The last part of the puzzle was to realize that the Clover wiki is meant to be general purpose for Windows, Linux, and OS X. Missing from the Clover wiki is the fact that you need to add the FakeSMC.kext for OS X.

Along the way I did learn that my motherboard didn't require EmuVariableUeFI or OsxAptioFixDrv. Clover recommends DataHubDxe but seems not be required.

I got to the install OS X using the Clover provided config.plist.

Seriously, thank you. Your times are a bit shorter than mine, but in the ball park. It's helpful to know whether its hung or just slow.
Also I'll take a look at your suggested post.
Always good to know somebody's reading and responding.

Perhaps the Guide might suggest using the supplied config.plist

Well, dang. I'm running into problems. I decided to build a "test drive" Clover USB boot image following tony's instructions. When I boot into Yosemite, all looks good. My WiFi kicks on, webpages load, etc. But none of my USB peripherals work (including my IOGear Bluetooth that connects to my mouse/keyboard!).

When I let Chimera handle boot-up, all is well again.

What am I doing wrong?

Well, dang. I'm running into problems. I decided to build a "test drive" Clover USB boot image following tony's instructions. When I boot into Yosemite, all looks good. My WiFi kicks on, webpages load, etc. But none of my USB peripherals work (including my IOGear Bluetooth that connects to my mouse/keyboard!).

When I let Chimera handle boot-up, all is well again.

What am I doing wrong?

Looks like I got mouse/keyboard working after selecting UsbMouseDxe64 under Drivers64. Why was this necessary?

For the spinning beachball people

Clover Configurator is your friend. You absolutely need to use it to IMPORT the "config.plist", make edits, and them EXPORT CONFIGURATION AS.

IMHO, the Guide must have more information on making edits.

Anyways, I've determined that the basic tonymac config.plist need USB edits. On the DEVICES screen of Clover Configurator, under USB, tick off the following boxes: Inject, AddClockID, FixOwnership. Kinda makes sense because my motherboard has Legacy USB.

Final Topic for tonite.

It would seem that the Acpi settings in the Clover default config.plist, is equivalent to the NullCPUPowerManagement.kext (or at least I can boot the USB either way.)

TonyMac prefers NullCPUPowerManagement why? it's easier or there's a subtle technical difference?

Geez, I just looked at level 4 of the game, Post Installation. The Clover settings are different, like there's no NullCPUPowerManagement.

Why is the SSD install different from the USB install?

I've done everything with Clover, Used the correct kext in the correct directory (EFI partition), changed the file .sys in the correct directory too, used fakeSMC.kext too but I still can not reach the Yosemite installation screen, all I've got is a black screen, a white apple and a loading thing that's loads a little to finaly hang near the middle of the way.

I started again and agin the tuto, using an USB stick or USB hard drive but still a no-go ... so I'm wondering now if my primary partition (when I use the command lines mentionned in the tuto) is normal so I'd like to know the number of files in the OSX install Yosemite partition (mine has got one directory and just one icon). The EFI partition seems ok. Clover IS working but not the installation of Yosemite.

The proof of the problems is visible in verbose mode, after booting clover, I've got lots of error ... SO I guess there is a problem is the installation of Yomesite on my USB stick, that's why I'd like to know what you do have in the primary partition of your USB stick.

Thanks

I was having a similar issue as you. It would load half way and then just show a black or blank screen. I found that it was the command to create the partition as you said. Instead of running the command I did it manually based on step 2b in the link below, then I came back to this tutorial. (In that tutorial below it even says that it may be stuck with blank screen.)

http://www.tonymacx86.com/hp-proboo...-install-yosemite-hp-laptops-clover-uefi.html

Hope this helps!

First the USB performance was flakey and poor. For example my HD Logitech web cam would light up, but no video and the system saw it as USB1. Enabling USB Inject and USB FixOwnership seems to have fixed that. ..

Unbelievable. I made a posting with the same fix. Didn't see yours because it was earlier in the day and I didn't bother reading.

Answers seem to be coming all at once.

What is the best way to change kexts after the initial install? My board is asus p8p67 evo that uses realtek 8110SC ethernet but RealtekRTL81xx.kext didn't work for me. My audio doesn't work either. Any body have any advice? Thanks.

Attachments

• 2.tiff
    294.5 KB · Views: 170
  • config.plist
    4.9 KB · Views: 245
  • 3.tiff
    300.3 KB · Views: 195
Editing config.plist file for USB:

Pre-requisites:
  • One of the downloaded config.plist files (start with Standard one)
  • View attachment 109255
  • Clover Configurator (recommended version 2953 or later)

Yosemite works on the Gigabyte Z77DS3H (bios F11a), I7 3,5 3770, HD4000+Asus 660ti. iMessage, FaceTime no works. What should i do?

Back