Contribute
Register

How To Install OS X Yosemite Using Clover

I finish my Hack, all devices works (audio, GPU, Wi-Fi), but the iMessege and Location Services isnt. I don't use DSDT because my mobo is mac-friendly (H87M-HD3). I try 3 differents Apple IDs and the same problem (Call to Support). anyone please help me please :)

I finish my Hack, all devices works (audio, GPU, Wi-Fi), but the iMessege and Location Services isnt. I don't use DSDT because my mobo is mac-friendly (H87M-HD3). I try 3 differents Apple IDs and the same problem (Call to Support). anyone please help me please :)

You have to call support and get them to unlock the account.

btw, when i use my clover stick, it boots to the clover menu and when I select the usb to boot, it just hangs like it's locked up. I hit anykey and it unfreezes and redraws the clover boot screen. But any attempt to boot the install usb freezes.

This does not even happen for mine. It seems to "flash" a menu for about 1/2 a second and then moves onto the next boot device (Chimera) or goes to the setup (failed boot) if I select to boot override to the USB.

I have followed every single step. You can see my post about this at #92.
I have made at least a dozen of the USB drives and they show up on the boot screen. But when I click on them nothing happens. I have tried just about every imaginable change to the clover config as well. Everytime it shows up but nothing happens when the USB drive is selected.

Might this be a BIOS issue? I installed clover under 10.9.5 and it boots up perfect. However, I never installed it as a USB - I just installed it over an already working 10.9.5 chimera load. So I'm thinking that something in the bios setting might be off?

The USB does work though when its a unibeast USB.

I had the same problem when I forgot or skipped over the following step:

24. Navigate to /EFI/CLOVER/drivers64UEFI/ remove VBoxHfs-64.efi and add HFSPlus.efi
Once I went back and removed that file, the USB would boot fine for installation:)

Kind Regards
Spang1974

I'd tried creating a directory "10.10", and also tried putting kexts in "OTHER". Either way I was able to run the installed (at least until its hangs.) Suspect that the directory is not the problem.

The LEDs on my USB drive flash. Even when the display goes black, the hard drive light stays on, and the USB drive flashes occasionally as it is accessed.

this happened to me as well just wait for it and it will reboot on it's own, once rebooted boot of the usb a second time and it will finish installing. i guess the first time is writing to the recovery partition.

Thanks to this guide i was able to get everything working even iMessage!

This does not even happen for mine. It seems to "flash" a menu for about 1/2 a second and then moves onto the next boot device (Chimera) or goes to the setup (failed boot) if I select to boot override to the USB.

Gordo you helped a lot of people on this board including me so thank you again!
why don't you try the none UEFI install? there is no real difference how you get to the installer.

i am still using the none uefi bios on my ASUS because of the audio problems with the uefi bios's but I'm OK with that and got everything working using this guide.

Hi everyone! i have a question for you.
May I install Yosemite with Unibeast and then install Clover instead Chimera4?

(another question, there is a way to unistall Chimera?)

Hi everyone! i have a question for you.
May I install Yosemite with Unibeast and then install Clover instead Chimera4?

(another question, there is a way to unistall Chimera?)

Yes, lots of persons recommend installing with Unibeast then Installing Clover.

Most recommend Installing Clover to a USB and booting from that first, which you can do with Chimera still in place on your boot drive. This allows you to learn how to use Clover as well as test it before taking the leap.

If you want to remove Chimera, just mount your boot drive's EFI partition and format it (some persons also recommend formatting it to Fat32) before installing Clover.

Kind Regards
Spang1974

Gordo you helped a lot of people on this board including me so thank you again!
why don't you try the none UEFI install? there is no real difference how you get to the installer.

i am still using the none uefi bios on my ASUS because of the audio problems with the uefi bios's but I'm OK with that and got everything working using this guide.

Thank you for the kind words.

Unfortunately, I have tried it even the "non UEFI way" which was in Post 1 of this thread per my post on page 13. Same symptoms. When I boot to USB, the machine flashes a menu very very quickly and then boots Chimera as normal or boots into the setup if I try to force it to USB (which means it is not booting correctly).

Back