Contribute
Register

How To Install OS X Yosemite Using Clover

I was getting this, then I switched to a different USB port in the back of the machine. I don't know if this helps but it got me passed that point. I'm still working on getting my installation to work overall, though.

Initially when I installed Yosemite, I tried to boot into the OS drive through Clover USB installer but the UBS installer did not detect the Yosemite drive. So I booted into the drive using UniBeast and I installed Clover to the OS drive. I mounted the EFI partition and copied all the necessary files that I had put on the Clover USB installer. So everything matches on OS EFI partition and USB installer's EFI partition.

OK and I assume that all correct parameters were set when installing Clover onto OS drive, correct? It's possible that you may need to inject Nvidia/GE=Yes setting since you are using an Nvidia GTX 580 series. Try editing the config in post #1, download the config with "GE=Yes". Let us know...every system/setup is different but you're on the right track.

I want to share what am I doing and you tell me where am I doing wrong,

1. Format to USB with GUID Partition Table + Mac OS Extended (Journaled) and name it 'Install'
2. Open Terminal and using code on the first page and successfully Done as picture down below

Code:
Last login: Sun Oct 19 23:07:23 on console
Murats-Mac:~ MuratOzgul$ sudo /Applications/Install\ OS\ X\ Yosemite.app/Contents/Resources/createinstallmedia --volume  /Volumes/Install --applicationpath /Applications/Install\ OS\ X\ Yosemite.app --nointeraction
Password:
Erasing Disk: 0%...  10%...  20%...  30%...  100%...
Copying installer files to disk...
Copy complete.
Makind disk bootable...
Copying boot files...
Copy complete.
Done.
Murats-Mac:~ MuratOzgul$

3. Opening Clover_v2k_r2953.pkg Continue, Continue, Changed Installation Location with my USB Continue again and Click Customise
4. Choosing this setting on Clover.pkg:

Dxw94yB.png

SUn2pvi.png

5. Creating 10.10 folder in kext folder and adding my kext:

AppleIntelE1000e.kext
FakeSMC.kext
NullCPUPowerManagement.kext

6. Deleting VBoxHfs-64.efi in the drivers64UEFI and adding HFSPlus.efi

7. Using Standart .config files

Thats it! After that I restart machine and pressing hot ket which is my F12 boot options coming and choosing my installation USB and Install OS X Yosemite Drive coming I hit "enter" and for a while black screen with a white apple logo and white thin loading bar coming. Im waiting, waiting and screen turning black to white or light grey(Im not sure) and my mouse cursor spinning with classic apple rainbow circle on the upper left side on the screen.

Installing screen never comes...

Please tell me now where am I doing wrong or what should I do?

Edit:
I hit to space bar and no 'inject with kext' option
Also I don't get any verbose error.

Remove the NULLCPUPowerManagement.kext and try again. Make sure you have the right Config file for your Graphics.

I am having similar issues with the install not booting. I followed the guide exactly (or at least i think I did by triple checking all the options) -- H77n-wifi board w/ GTX 650 TI video card using the nvidia config file. I get a bunch of errors with regard to AppleUSBEHCI unable to obtain ownership and then a missing bluetooth controller transport (see attached files).

~10s after the missing bluetooth controller message happens the screen gets weird like the picture and that stop sign like icon appears. Any ideas?

Attachments

• IMG_0021.JPG
    IMG_0021.JPG
    750.3 KB · Views: 751
  • IMG_0022.JPG
    IMG_0022.JPG
    615.7 KB · Views: 980
OK and I assume that all correct parameters were set when installing Clover onto OS drive, correct? It's possible that you may need to inject Nvidia/GE=Yes setting since you are using an Nvidia GTX 580 series. Try editing the config in post #1, download the config with "GE=Yes". Let us know...every system/setup is different but you're on the right track.

I just recreated the Clover USB installer and I used the config.plist with GE=YES. When I boot with the Usb, the installation hangs at PCI Configuration Begin. With Chimera. I never used GE = Yes as my graphics card (Geforce 520 GT) worked OOB. There's something I have to change in config.plist to get past the PCI Configuration Begin but I'm not sure what that is.

:headbang: Ok Guys, I installed Yosemite using this method and is working well. But when i installed the clover boot loader and restart it get stuck in apple logo, then i restard again and boot just fine, but when the session open the chameleon wizard open automatically and send me a message trying to install Xcode. Notice that i don`t know what to add to the config file. Any help?

I basically followed the instruction and was able to install Yosemite on a HDD as well as on a fusion drive.

However, it seems when booting from USB, I can boot normally (at least it seems the booting process the config.plist was read and executed).

When I boot directly, the config.plist wasn't read. The screen resolution is low. The initial boot screen suggest that it is booting from the "Recovery HD" as the UUID matches it. Any ideas?

I am also having USB issues. Maybe the universal USB driver is not ready?

My drives are like this:

Code:
/dev/disk0
   #:                       TYPE NAME                    SIZE       IDENTIFIER
   0:      GUID_partition_scheme                        *180.0 GB   disk0
   1:                        EFI EFI                     209.7 MB   disk0s1
   2:          Apple_CoreStorage                         179.7 GB   disk0s2
   3:                 Apple_Boot Boot OS X               134.2 MB   disk0s3
/dev/disk1
   0:      GUID_partition_scheme                        *1.0 TB     disk1
   1:                        EFI EFI                     209.7 MB   disk1s1
   2:          Apple_CoreStorage                         999.3 GB   disk1s2
   3:                 Apple_Boot Recovery HD             650.1 MB   disk1s3
/dev/disk2
   0:      GUID_partition_scheme                        *2.0 TB     disk2
   1:                        EFI EFI                     209.7 MB   disk2s1
   2:                  Apple_HFS Yosemite                2.0 TB     disk2s2
   3:                 Apple_Boot Recovery HD             650.0 MB   disk2s3
/dev/disk3
   0:                  Apple_HFS Macintosh HD           *1.2 TB     disk3
                                 Logical Volume on disk0s2, disk1s2
                                 A9915E33-E83D-456A-BE60-6F0605191896
                                 Unencrypted Fusion Drive

So disk0s1 and disk1s1, I formatted both as FAT and the EFI folder were copied there.

So I have the same config.plist and other EFI folder contents on:

Fusion Drive (Macintosh HD): /EFI
on both EFI partitions: disk0s1/EFI and disk1s1/EFI.
But it only boot from disk1s3 and ignore config.plist

I am new to clover and I was using chimera. I am quite confused about this! Please help!

Additional info: if I delete the contents in the disk1s3 Recovery HD, the Clover boot loader cannot see the partition any more, and only shows the "Yosemite" 2TB drive: Yosemite and Recovery HD from that 2TB HDD.

Question for @lexone.

I upgraded my Chameleon-based system over the weekend to Yosemite and of course I lost iMessages and FaceTime. I have a MacBook Pro 2010 edition that I never use (on Mavericks) where iMessages and FaceTime still works.

In your iMessage_Debug tool instructions, you appear to be pulling particulars from the CustoMac hardware itself. Should I be running this and exporting values from my CustoMac machine with Chimera? CustoMac with Clover? Or rather my real MacBook Pro?

Also, I'm rocking a GA-H77N-WIFI and use its Intel HD4000 graphics / Realtek audio (all work fine with MultiBeast). Should I be pretty much good to go with the standard config.plist for Clover (following the other tonymac instructions carefully) without much need for experimentation?

Back