Contribute
Register

How To Install OS X Yosemite Using Clover

After installing Clover on the Yosemite drive, when I boot, I get boot0af error. I followed the Legacy BIOS option as i have a X58A-UD3R motherboard.

You must have forgotten to check the box under bootloader to install boot0af to MBR and instead left the option to not update MBR & PBR. Try reinstalling again and select the right option.

I did all the steps to prepare the USB, tried both NVIDIA and Standard config file, when I plug in the USB I choose the Yosemite disk (the usb), the white apple logo appears and it loads, but after a while I just get a white stop sign instead of an apple logo, and nothing happens from there.

Same problem here. Any ideas?

Question for Lexone:

"Editing config.plist file for USB:

Pre-requisites:

• One of the downloaded config.plist files (start with Standard one)
  • iMessage_debug
  • Clover Configurator (recommended version 2953 or later)"

Struggling a bit with Clover Yosemite install and hope you can point a relative noob in the right direction? Am I correct in assuming that your instructions will enable iMessage to work? If so, why edit the config.plist on the USB. Is it to check that all works, and then replace the config.plist on the system drive EFI once tested?

iMessage will work when booting Yosemite from the USB only if you edit the config file as I explained. The purpose of this is for testing to validate iMessage works from USB before using the same config for the actual boot drive. So basically - your assumption is correct. :thumbup:

I have the exact same problem on my build, and I can't find a solution.

If you find anything lets us know. The USB problem is the only problem that I have not been able to fix. This is a popular board I would think that someone should have a solution for this problem. If I find anything I'll be posting here.

Hi. Thank you very much for this guide. Can i use this method for dual boot yosemite and windows 8?
I want to use an ssd drive for yosemite and a 2tb hdd with two partitions: One for windows and another for file storage. I need to convert both drives to GUID?

I have two days trying to get working the dual boot using clover with no success. Please help.

Hardware:
Motherboard - MSI Z87-45
Processor - I7 ​​4770K
Graphic Card - R9 270
120gb SSD Drive
2tb HDD Drive

You must have forgotten to check the box under bootloader to install boot0af to MBR and instead left the option to not update MBR & PBR. Try reinstalling again and select the right option.

I have re-installed Yosemite many times and have also tried to install Clover on the Yosemite drive multiple times as well. The Clover USB installer I created works perfectly fine. I think there's an issue with Clover not being able to installer the bootloader on the EFI partition.

I have re-installed Yosemite many times and have also tried to install Clover on the Yosemite drive multiple times as well. The Clover USB installer I created works perfectly fine. I think there's an issue with Clover not being able to installer the bootloader on the EFI partition.

So your issue is with booting the drive after installing the OS? Are you booting first into the USB then selecting the drive you installed the OS onto so that you can run post-install stuff with MultiBeast? Did you select the correct options for Clover bootloader installed on OS drive? Did you add config.plist to the EFI partition on OS drive? I'd suggest booting into drive via USB then use Clover Configurator to mount the OS drives EFI partition and verifying the bootloader installed and that the correct files are in place (FakeSMC, HFSPlus, DSDT, config.plist)

So your issue is with booting the drive after installing the OS? Are you booting first into the USB then selecting the drive you installed the OS onto so that you can run post-install stuff with MultiBeast? Did you select the correct options for Clover bootloader installed on OS drive? Did you add config.plist to the EFI partition on OS drive? I'd suggest booting into drive via USB then use Clover Configurator to mount the OS drives EFI partition and verifying the bootloader installed and that the correct files are in place (FakeSMC, HFSPlus, DSDT, config.plist)

Initially when I installed Yosemite, I tried to boot into the OS drive through Clover USB installer but the UBS installer did not detect the Yosemite drive. So I booted into the drive using UniBeast and I installed Clover to the OS drive. I mounted the EFI partition and copied all the necessary files that I had put on the Clover USB installer. So everything matches on OS EFI partition and USB installer's EFI partition.

I managed to get part way through the boot process. After a little bit it freezes on this screen. Does anyone know what I should try?

Attachments

• IMG_1577.jpg
    IMG_1577.jpg
    984.1 KB · Views: 2,213
The easiest way that I got this to work was to use the Legacy steps for the initial installation and then choose UEFI method for post install. You need to pay attention to the guide carefully because it will not work correctly if you don't. More importantly, make sure to put HFSPlus.efi in the correct location where it states in the guide if you can't boot the installer. Most guides I've read don't bother to mention anything about it and it seems to be an important detail in the process. Once you install, use the Clover Configuration to tweak your config file, especially to create your SMBios info.

Back