Contribute
Register

How To Install OS X Yosemite Using Clover

Thanks for writing such a detailed guide! It's up and running like a charm, it was almost too easy. Thank you!

i have a prob
on the first boot the USB (mouse and keyboard)doesn't work.
on restart working like charm.
i try usb fixes reset cmos dsdt on and off .. but can't fix this.

@lexone
Hey bro can u please upload your config.plist file ? We have very similar biuld (GBYTE Z87)
Thanks.
Im having a similar problem here with a Gigabyte GA-Z87X-UD5H every time that I reboot it takes about 5 minutes for my keyboard and mouse to start working plus my webcam does not work. There is something with the USB 3.0 and Yosemite.
Can some post a working clover config for the USB problem on the GA-Z87X-UD5H.

Thank you.

After rebooting into the USB bootloader and pressing "Boot OS X from Install OS X Yosemite" nothing happens but the cursor disappears. I'm then able to select another drive but every time I select the Install OS X Yosemite drive nothing happens at all.

I'm having a bit of an issue with iMessaging and iCloud. Even after performing the steps that lexone laid out, (and doing a clean installation a second time for the heck of it) I can't sign in.

If I try to sign into iCloud from System Preferences it says: "You can't sign in at this time. Try signing in again."

iMessaging is a bit weirder. The first time I sign into iMessaging it actually acts like everything is okay. It asks me about my phone number and read receipts, but then if i try to message someone it acts like it isn't signed in. Going into the accounts menu reveals that it isn't signed in anymore. If I quit it and go back, it once again brings up the login screen.

Anytime after that first login attempt iMessaging says "Could not sign in to iMessage. An error occurred during activation. Try again.".

This happened during both the 1st and 2nd clean install, exactly the same way. I'm using the latest version of clover from source forge.

Any ideas?

Question for Lexone:

"Editing config.plist file for USB:

Pre-requisites:

• One of the downloaded config.plist files (start with Standard one)
  • iMessage_debug
  • Clover Configurator (recommended version 2953 or later)"

Struggling a bit with Clover Yosemite install and hope you can point a relative noob in the right direction? Am I correct in assuming that your instructions will enable iMessage to work? If so, why edit the config.plist on the USB. Is it to check that all works, and then replace the config.plist on the system drive EFI once tested?

I have successfully installed Yosemite/Clover on my ASUS Z97-AR/Gigabyte GeForce GT740, but not without a bit of trouble.

1. I could not install Clover on the boot partition after install. It took me a bit of time to realize that Yosemite installer converts the volume to CoreStorage which becomes 'disk1' and that seems to where Clover installer tries to install the loader.
I had to revert the volume from CoreStorage back to generic volume and then bootloader installer worked well.

After that, I just copied over the config, SSDTs and kexts from the Mavericks install, and expected a fully working system - but not just yet.

2. AppleIntelE1000e failed to load during boot every time. The error was that it could not resolve the dependency to 'com.apple.iokit.IONetworkingFamily'. This kext showed up in kextstat, so I just did 'sudo touch /S/L/E' to rebuild the cache.
On reboot I saw that AppleIntelE1000e now loads fine, but this time the system did not boot at all - instead, it just went for an endless reboot loop.

3. Cleared all audio-related patches (config entries for kext patches and realtekALC.kext), downloaded toleda's audio_CloverALC command for 10.10 (https://github.com/toleda/audio_CloverALC/blob/master/audio_cloverALC-100.command.zip) and re-installed the audio.
After reboot I have HDMI-only audio, no other inputs/outputs, but I suppose that was expected for 9 series mb.

At this point I ran migration assistant and brought all the data from the older Mavericks install.
Seems to be working fine so far.
A couple of minor things:
- tried to convert the volume back to CoreStorage, but that seems to be breaking kext patching somehow, the system boots but with no audio, so I rolled it back.
- it would be nice to have a microphone working, but not that important for me

Thanks to the Clover team and toleda for the work :clap:

EDIT: after some more testing, there's good news and bad news.
Good news is that all audio controls came back.
Bad news is that audio issues (sound cutouts which seem to appear when browsing internet) are back too.

I cannot install,after apple logo appear no input on the monitor screen.How i can do?

Back