Contribute
Register

How To Install OS X Yosemite Using Clover

Thanks Quickshooter! I've just recently re-visited the above "Fix iMessage" link but haven't had too much time to try the fix.

No I haven't tried remapping the USB3 ports. Though it's something I'd like to look into. Right now I'm using this card: "Inateck PCI-E to USB 3.0 5-Port PCI Express Card and 15-Pin Power Connector, Mini PCI-E USB 3.0 Hub Controller Adapter, with Internal USB 3.0 20-PIN Connector - Expand Another Two USB 3.0 Ports" It has the 20-Pin adapter that's connected to the two front USB 3 ports of my Cooler Master HAF X - Full Tower. Works flawlessly but would like to have everything working natively!

Thanks Again!
No problem, here is the link if you want to try to remap the ports. https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-10-11-usb-changes-and-solutions.173616/

Also I am not sure whether you can use this fix for your Motherboard.

Hey everyone!

I am not new to hackintosh builds and have been on here for years and have built a good number of hacks with out any issues.

I am stuck however. I had this same config working with Mavericks, but I can not get the Yosemite installer to boot no matter what.

I have tried with inject nvidia and without, with safe mode and with out, I have kext-dev-mode=1 in the config.plist. I even tried downloading both the basic config.plist attached in post 1 of this thread, as well as the Nvidia one and I get the same thing no matter what options I use.

I have done both using the create installer from the command line in the Install Yosemite.app contents and using Unibeast and it is still the same no matter what I do

My build is:
Gigabyte GA-Z87X-UD4H
Intel I7 4770K
32GB Kingston Hyper X RAM
Nvidia GT 640

I have pulled my SSL "audio Card" and my UAD card as well and only have the Nvidia GT 640 installed. I have also tried with maxmem=8192 and maxmem=4096 and none of it works.

I either get to the grey screen with the spinning color wheel (with -v -f) or the grey screen with a mouse cursor (with the safe mode -x boot switch). I have uploaded several pics of the screens with -x and without -x. I have also tried with nvda_disable=1 and still the same thing.

Anyone experience this or have any thoughts?

Attachments

• IMG_20171126_105847.jpg
    IMG_20171126_105847.jpg
    3.9 MB · Views: 284
  • IMG_20171126_110244.jpg
    IMG_20171126_110244.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 227
  • IMG_20171126_110643.jpg
    IMG_20171126_110643.jpg
    3.7 MB · Views: 216
  • IMG_20171126_111138.jpg
    IMG_20171126_111138.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 208
Anyone experience this or have any thoughts?
Your image shows an active Serial port (SuperIO) which should be disabled in your BIOS settings.

Your image shows an active Serial port (SuperIO) which should be disabled in your BIOS settings.

Thanks for that! I disabled the serial port in the BIOS, but I still have the same results.

I tried to check a few other things in the BIOS as well and it looks like VT-d is Enabled and you can't change it (it is gey'd out), I do have CPU Virtualization Disabled, though.

I also had disabled the Intel on board video in the BIOS, some time ago, and made sure that the PCIe is listed in the BIOS as the Default video output.

Any other thoughts, guys and gals?

Last edited:
I hope someone will still reply.

I followed everything on this guide except I hade to choose ESP as it is the only option that makes my Laptop boot to the installer.

Booted the installer and got stuck to

p-state stepper error 18 at step 35 on cpu 2

Help please? My laptop is

SAMSUNG NP300E4A
Intel core i3 2350M
4gb DDR3
Intel HD3000

Thanks.

I hope someone will still reply.

I followed everything on this guide except I hade to choose ESP as it is the only option that makes my Laptop boot to the installer.

Booted the installer and got stuck to

p-state stepper error 18 at step 35 on cpu 2

Help please? My laptop is

SAMSUNG NP300E4A
Intel core i3 2350M
4gb DDR3
Intel HD3000

Thanks.
See the thread title - This is a guide for Desktops not a help thread for Laptops.
For help with your Laptop you should post in the appropriate Laptop Support forum.

Note : The usual cure for p-state stepper error 18 is to disable EIST in BIOS settings. YMMV

Sorry for my English, but I have problems booting on Mac OS Mojave 10.14.1 I have a Samsung NP670Z5E ultrabook I made all the parameters described here on the site but without success, even after all the procedures I can only boot from Pendrive, you can you help me? Awaiting help.

Important to remember that everything works
Wifi network
Sound
Video

Everything working only Boot I can not do the HD only by Pendrive as already informed.

I realized that my system is Ivy Bridge too if this is important !!!

Hi! This is my 2nd time installing Yosemite(1st one went well 'till I Install an Audio Interface and it blows all the system) So , I made a backup folder with all clover configs and stuff the 1st time i made Yosemite. ¿can I put those back to my newly installed Yosemite to make it work just as before? ¿How do i do this?

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-09-03 at 15.20.37.png
    Screen Shot 2020-09-03 at 15.20.37.png
    114.6 KB · Views: 90
... ¿can I put those back to my newly installed Yosemite to make it work just as before? ¿How do i do this?
Usually, copying your EFI folder is suggested, to get a working base, but if you installed a faulty audio driver, there may be issues in that folder, now. It's worth a try, though, right? Just be sure to make backup copies of everything!

Usually, copying your EFI folder is suggested, to get a working base, but if you installed a faulty audio driver, there may be issues in that folder, now. It's worth a try, though, right? Just be sure to make backup copies of everything!

Thanks @PlaidRadish! Is there a step by step on how do i replace EFI folder for the old workin one?
dunno really where to copy and paste...i'm just a rookie from Chile.
Besides that i imagine that I can find a working kext for my Audio interface in da future and fix it...without configuring all stuff again...(hope it can be done)

Back