Contribute
Register

How To Install OS X Yosemite Using Clover

ok so, i did this but my bio wont recognize the usb. it always has but not now, i have no idea what i did wrong and have been just selecting the USB from the bio to boot to the mac. it is not very pretty but it worked and now it does not work.
GA-X79-UP4
version F2

i have been doing this for a long time but still have not clue about any of this. thanks

Where I can download OS X 10.10 to create USB installation disk?
Honestly, 10.11 sucks. I have to turn off the security things to install few applications, and it sucks.

You can't download Yosemite, legally, as Apple removed it from the Mac Apple Store, unless you've downloaded it from the MAS previously; then, it's loaded in your "Purchases" page in the MAS. Any other source is considered pirated software as Apple only distributes Yosemite. So, you're better off with El Capitan, which soon will not be available as Sierra is coming out today. BTW, Sierra is what El Capitan should have been, IMO.

where can i download the "attached" config.plist

Attempting a fresh install of 10.10 with clover. I am currently running mavericks with chimera.

Motherboard is GA-Z68XP-UD3 with the most current UEFI bios installed.
i7-2600
GTX 680
32GB RAM

I have created the USB loader twice now following the steps in the 10.10 clover guide. Both times ending up stuck in the same place. I am able to boot into the clover drive and then select the Yosemite Installer. Once I launch it I get a black screen for about 15 seconds, then an apple logo on black for a while. Eventually a slow loading bar appears and gets to ~ 1/3 progress before this panic appears and restarts the machine.

Any recommendations for this?
I been trying and getting the basically the same results. My conclusion is it's impossible to install this os on the GA-Z68XP-UD3 MB

Over the last couple years I've tried many times to update my GA-Z68XP-UD3/Mavericks build to a higher Operating System with no luck. But had success last week as I was able to install Sierra. The install is super stable. Only issues is the semi-working iMessage/FaceTime and non-working native USB 3 ports which is bypassed with a USB 3 PCI card that works flawlessy. I suggest Sierra, not Yosemite is your best bet.
AutumnLoving if you like I can start a tread to help GA-Z68XP-UD3 owners?

Last edited:
Over the last couple years I've tried many times to update my GA-Z68XP-UD3/Mavericks build to a higher Operating System with no luck. But had success last week as I was able to install Sierra. The install is super stable. Only issues is the semi-working iMessage/FaceTime and non-working native USB 3 ports which is bypassed with a USB 3 PCI card that works flawlessy. I suggest Sierra, not Yosemite is your best bet.
AutumnLoving if you like I can start a tread to help GA-Z68XP-UD3 owners?
USB3 - Have you tried to remap the ports via ioreg (RehabMan method)?
Regarding iMessage - have you tried this solution? https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/how-to-fix-imessage.110471/#post795297

USB3 - Have you tried to remap the ports via ioreg (RehabMan method)?
Regarding iMessage - have you tried this solution? https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/how-to-fix-imessage.110471/#post795297

Thanks Quickshooter! I've just recently re-visited the above "Fix iMessage" link but haven't had too much time to try the fix.

No I haven't tried remapping the USB3 ports. Though it's something I'd like to look into. Right now I'm using this card: "Inateck PCI-E to USB 3.0 5-Port PCI Express Card and 15-Pin Power Connector, Mini PCI-E USB 3.0 Hub Controller Adapter, with Internal USB 3.0 20-PIN Connector - Expand Another Two USB 3.0 Ports" It has the 20-Pin adapter that's connected to the two front USB 3 ports of my Cooler Master HAF X - Full Tower. Works flawlessly but would like to have everything working natively!

Thanks Again!

Back