Contribute
Register

How To Install OS X Yosemite Using Clover

SUCCESS! Clover r3259, OS X 10.10.5, Intel GM45, GTX750 HDMI (with audio) DVI & VGA working via default Apple Nvidia Drivers.

Platform = GM45 Core2Duo 2.2Ghz Mini ITX board with OSX framebuffer only GMA X4500HD IGP (from 2009).

Kexts in use = AppleIntelE1000e, FakeSMC, HDMIAudio, EvOreboot (no DSDT required for old BIOS machine).

Clover r3259 with latest config file from the TonyMacGuide

Just needs a few minor edits to the default config file…. just enable all the gfx options on in Clover’s video boot option screen :)

It's a ‘yum-cha’ Chinese sourced GTS 750 with a default Nvidia 750 2GB Rom, not 3rd party can upload somewhere if useful to people.

Find the HDMIAudio kext (original url not working but I found a working dropbox link). No idea who wrote it but ignore any HDMI video/audio guide and use this kext instead to get native HDMI Audio support without any hassle.

The hilarious thing is this hardware is very close to my real mac mini 2006 (with a C2D 2.16Ghz upgrade)... the next step is getting Yosemite + GTX750 working on my real 2006 Mac Mini… why… because I can :)

Yosemite, Clover, a reasonable SSD plus GTX750 is extremely fast for mostly very, very old hardware. Faster than a current iMac for some things……. :)

Happy to provide more info if people need it. Will post a working clover config file once I've done it (just using default and changing settings each boot at the mo') cos' the nvidia config file didn't work properly for me either.

thingi

Guys, after trying for 3 days and 3 late nights, I've finally had a stress free day (knock wood!) of working without any system issues!

Started with an upgrade from ML to Yosie with multibeast, which resulted in problems with USB / USB 3, restarting, Firewire and booting; to throwing my lot in with Clover and going for it last night, and getting an almost perfect install done first time, thanks to the instructions at the beginning of this thread. Even getting iMessage working out of the box!

Only thing I did post install was sound, using multibeast (it was 2:30am), which seems to have worked fine.

A BIG BIG BIG thank you to the people who wrote the guide, and everyone who has worked on multibeast and clover - truly awesome to have my hack back to normal!

gigabyte ga-z77x-ud5h
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 760 2048 MB

3.49 GHz Intel Core i7

32 GB 1600 MHz DDR3

Grazie ;-)

After I installed Yosemite, it restarted. Then I booted into the USB, and followed the instructions. I don't think it did the Recovery drive stuff because I can't find my Yosemite partition now. I can't figure out how to get to Yosemite setup.

I have the same problem. Afterwards I can't find what it says should just appear. T-T Please help.

The Clover, for each disk has a signature "Boot Mac OS X from Mac OS HDD", "Boot Windows 10 from Legacy HD1", etc.
It is possible to completely hide these signatures to show only icons?
Thank you!

Hello

I have a Dell XPS 8300. I just completed installing Yosemite 10.10.5 with Clover. Overall things went well but I cannot get sleep to work. The PC shuts down. The power light is not pulsating. When I try to wake it I have to push the power button and the fans spin up. The monitors do not come on. I have to completely power it off to get back to the desktop. Any suggestions?

Thanks

Here's the kext I'm using with Clover and a GTX750 :)

I can't find the board I found it on, it was an anonymous dropbox link because the original like was dead, if you find the thread you'll know it (insanelymac somewhere maybe?)

No idea of it provenance, all I know it just worked no hassle :)

Attachments

• HDMIAudio.kext.zip
    15 KB · Views: 112
I have a Z87N WIFI and been having kernal panic with clover installer usb. Then i discovered what cause it?
25. Navigate to /EFI/CLOVER/drivers64UEFI/ remove VBoxHfs-64.efi and add HFSPlus.efi
26. (Optional) Navigate to /EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/patched/ and add DSDT.aml and SSDT.aml

either you have SSDT or you add HFSPlus.efi and remove VBoxHfs-64.efi you will get kernal panic

here's how i made it work;
1. BIOS (latest firmware) => Default optimize setting (Memory Enhance optional)
2. create clover usb as usual but skip step 25 and 26
3. boot from usb => choose install osx that's it.

ok,

I am now down to the installation of clover USB.

In step 1, substep 23 over at:

How To Install OS X Yosemite Using Clover

It says...

20. Navigate to /EFI/CLOVER/ and replace default config.plist with attached config.plist*

Should I use confid.plist-Standard.zip? Looks like this is it.

23. Navigate to /EFI/CLOVER/kexts/10.10/ and add your ethernet kext

This I don't understand. Which file is this for my build? There seem to be a few, and I can't decide which one is the correct file.

26. (Optional) Navigate to /EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/patched/ and add DSDT.aml and SSDT.aml

Where are these files?

Thanks for your patience...

Blue

Back