Contribute
Register

How To Install OS X Yosemite Using Clover

STEP 3: Install OS X Yosemite
Unlike UniBeast, this is a 3 part installation process. The system will reboot twice in order to finish the installation and the recovery partition.

1. Turn on the computer
2. Press the hotkey to choose boot device
3. Choose USB

If using a USB 3.0 port, the boot manager screen may appear, at which point proceed with steps a-b.

a. Choose Boot Manager
b. Choose EFI USB Device

4. When Clover boot screen is visible, choose Boot OS X Install from OS X Install OS X Yosemite
5. The system will then boot into OS X Installer
6. For a new installation of OS X, you MUST erase and format the destination drive according to the following steps before continuing. If you are upgrading from Snow Leopard, Lion, or Mountain Lion and you want to keep your files and apps, skip steps a-j.
Great guide, thanks! However, once I get to this part quoted above, I enter clover on boot and only see options to boot windows. It says boot windows from legacy hd1, boot windows from efi, etc., and there is no Boot OS X Install from OS X Install OS X Yosemite.

Does anyone else have this problem? How can I get clover to recognize the OS X installation application as an entry to boot to? I'm fairly sure I made the bootable USB correctly.

Thanks​

Attempting a fresh install of 10.10 with clover. I am currently running mavericks with chimera.

Motherboard is GA-Z68XP-UD3 with the most current UEFI bios installed.
i7-2600
GTX 680
32GB RAM

I have created the USB loader twice now following the steps in the 10.10 clover guide. Both times ending up stuck in the same place. I am able to boot into the clover drive and then select the Yosemite Installer. Once I launch it I get a black screen for about 15 seconds, then an apple logo on black for a while. Eventually a slow loading bar appears and gets to ~ 1/3 progress before this panic appears and restarts the machine.

Any recommendations for this?

Attachments

• IMG_4922 cleaned.jpg
    IMG_4922 cleaned.jpg
    764 KB · Views: 143
Hi,

I successfully created a Clover USB and installed Yosemite. I can now boot into Yosemite using USB.

I then followed the instructions and created the EFI partition on SSD (boot drive) and carried out the steps with Clover Configurator.

But when I reboot and try and boot of SSD I get the following error message: "Reboot and select bootable device" So I tried the following

Copied the EFI partition from The USB as this is working and copied it to the EFI partition on my SSD. Still won't work!!! Been at this for 2 days now.

Any suggestions, am I missing something?

CPU: Xeon E3-1230v3 3.3ghz
MB: Asrock H87 Pro4
GC: MSI Radeon R9 270x
SSD: Transend 120GB

Thanks,
Squiggie

12. Type the following, enter password and hit enter. This command completely erases the USB, then creates native OS X installer media from the Install OS X Yosemite Application.

Code:
sudo /Applications/Install\ OS\ X\ Yosemite.app/Contents/Resources/createinstallmedia --volume /Volumes/USB --applicationpath /Applications/Install\ OS\ X\ Yosemite.app --no interaction
Upon completion, the USB will be renamed Install OS X Yosemite.

I have cut and pasted the above code in terminal. I do NOT see a password prompt. So I hit "enter". A password request then appears. On the Mac that I am using, I'm logged in as Administrator, there is NO password required on that machine. So, I hit "enter" with NO entry. I then get password error, retry. Now, after 3 times; the cursor returns to the start line.
What am I missing???????????

What am I missing???????????

You need to enter the admin password on the Mac that you are using.

Even if an admin password is not required to log in etc. there still is one and you need to enter it to progress.

I was afraid you were going to say that!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm looped, ha. Is there anyway to find that pw when logged in as administrator?

Update:
Turns out this machine did NOT have a password. To solve the above problem; I just changed the password from "" to "chuck" temporarily and finished the Yosemite install on the USB. Then, changed the password back to "".

Hi - I am geting stuck with clover. Need some help.

I have a DELL e6510 (old mashine, but ok). I have a running 10.10 installation with chameleon - now want to switch to UEFI boot clover. I have managed to create a EFI partition which is recognized by the bios and clover starts (This is really not that easy with this old e6510). Now when selecting the hard drive in clover it starts to boot. (-v as option added) But after loading bleutooth it stops. No xserver is starting up. Kernel seams to run as i am getting messages when my airport is roaming etc.

Done up to now: copied the already used dsdt and ssdt to EFI/EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/patched selected the option to inject nvidia in config.plist.

What would be the best way to debug? Is there a howto with steps to convert from chameleon to clover?

Regards

Back