Contribute
Register

How To Install OS X Yosemite Using Clover

i tried this with clover but clover wont let me install to the usb. i get an error that says clover can only be installed on the hard drive running osx

Did you every this resolve? I'm seeing identical issue on my setup.

Hmm I'm not having much luck trying to install (on a GA-Z87M-D3H with i5 4570 & nvidia 780ti).

I have tried to install clover to the usbno UEFI legacy mode (and with UEFI method) both times I can get to just past the clover boot screen and it freezes after that.

I have verbose (-v) selected in boot options: On the non-UEFI install then it hangs on:

"Waiting on <dict ID="0"><key>IOProviderClass</key>...."

On the UEFI install it just hangs after:
"mbinit: done[96MB total pool size. (64/32)split]"

Any idea how to correct or where the issue might be as currently I have no clue and researching hasn't found an answer either?

Thanks,

(I'm essentially using the config.plist file from here: http://www.tonymacx86.com/yosemite-desktop-guides/145483-ga-z87mx-d3h-n760-itx-yosemite-clover.html)

Yunti,
I know you posted this a while back but I was having the same "Waiting on <dict ID="0"><key>IOProviderClass</key>...." issue as you. I just figured out a solution for it.

I posted an article about it here, but long story short is that you need to make sure to uncheck the "Drop OEM" attribute in Clover Configurator on the ACPI view.

The bootloader screen is normal. You can set it to automatically select which partition you want to boot.

Bobby
I installed Clover using the guide on my MSI Z77A-GD65 and got everything working fine.

Just wanted to know why I have this bootloader screen when I installed a igold clover theme with Clover.

What does this mean? Is my computer booting from the EFI on my EFI partition or is something not right?

Hi guys i just installed Yosemite using clover and everything goes good, i installed the kexts in the /CLOVER folder but after starting i can't log in to the machine... should i insert any key on the boot??

There is any workarround to solve this problem??

Thanks all!!

The bootloader screen is normal. You can set it to automatically select which partition you want to boot.

Bobby

Isn't there a way I can change it. I'm not sure how I did it before but when I ran Clover v2 and customize and install one of the themes I got something like this.

Attachments

• screenshot.png
    screenshot.png
    137.1 KB · Views: 138
Will this method works with a asus p8z77-v lx 2 ?
And a Intel 2700k
What clover post settings will do I need ?

Hi All,

I recently managed to get Yosemite installed and run simply well, so i do a back up HD using SuperDuper However it didn't back up the EFI partition. What I did next is I mount the EFI partition on the original installed HD, and copy the efi folder and past it in the back up efi partition then I boot the new back up HD it boot up fine but it doesn't show EFI Backups partition on the Clover screen. So i wonder if I do it correctly or there are other way to do this. Thanks in advance.

Hi Thanks for the guide.

I followed the guide but i have some problems after first restart (on Yosemite Install), i restart and boot from USB and in clover selected Boot OS X Install From Install OS X Yosemite for finishing the installation, but it starts loading and then suddenly the monitor is not receiving signal and the computer is still on.

This are my specs:

Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD3R rev 2.0 Bios version FH
-Network RTL8111E
-Audio Realtek ALC889 codec
Core i7 960
EVGA GeForce GTX 780 3GB
4 x Patriot Signature Line 4 GB DDR3 @ 1066Mhz.
1 x SSD Samsung EVO 850 250GB

I hope you can Help me.

Thanks in Advance!

So I get all the way through the guide and move my EFI over to the SSD, and the system hangs at 50% and doesn't seem to load. Is there any way to get back into the system without starting over? I'm guessing I might have messed up on the config file.

Thanks!

Back