Contribute
Register

How To Install OS X Yosemite Using Clover

Hello everyone,
Wow Clover is a huge step back for relative noobs like me. I'm having tons of issues from boot options stacking in my BIOS (currently 18...) to the quantity of parameters I don't even begin to understand…
Been using Chimera for years and the learning curve was a lot simpler. Isn't there any more straight forward way to do this?
Anyway thanks for the great work!

Hello everyone,
Wow Clover is a huge step back for relative noobs like me. I'm having tons of issues from boot options stacking in my BIOS (currently 18...) to the quantity of parameters I don't even begin to understand…
Been using Chimera for years and the learning curve was a lot simpler. Isn't there any more straight forward way to do this?
Anyway thanks for the great work!
I am, too, believe it or not. I used the UniBeast/Chimera/MultiBeast method through Yosemite and Clover for El Capitan. However, UniBeast v6+ and MultiBeast v8 for El Capitan are now available, so you're life is easier for installing El Capitan. But, I would stick to the classical UniBeast/Chimera/MultiBeast method for Yosemite.

However, if you're adventurous, follow the Yosemite guide, step by step. (You might want to print it out and check off each step. That's what I do.) Since your graphics card is a modern one, use tony's config.plist - standard.

You should be fine. You can get the others working as well. Just make an image to restore so you have a full working backup.

Your video may need drivers (kexts). Test with video and see how it plays. Or games. You probably only have generic drivers at this point and need to get AMD drivers for full support.

Thanks mate. Do I need to edit the config.plist any more if it's working now that I replaced it with the one from this post? If so, how do I go about this? (I downloaded Clover Configurator and opened it, but I'm confused as heck what to do with it)

Also, would you have any idea by any chance what Clover theme the guy in this video is using?

Cheers.

There is no way to download Yosemite from the App Store because it's not there. Apple likely pulled that the day they released El Capitan.

Isn't it still in the Applications folder of your backup drive?

There is no way to download Yosemite from the App Store because it's not there. Apple likely pulled that the day they released El Capitan.

Isn't it still in the Applications folder of your backup drive?

yes its El capitan download now not yosemite

Maybe you have to choose to boot with UEFI instead of legacy boot. I did the migration from Chimera to Clover and was able to boot to either one. For my system, I just need to hit F12 and choose appropriate boot device. For example, to boot to clover I would choose : UEFI : Samsung 830 . if I want to boot to Chimera, I woul choose : P0: Samsung 830. You can also set it to boot to UEFI, by go into bios and choose the UEFI as default boot.

Hope that helps.

ttb1263

hi i recently came across your comment. So you were able to choose between two different bootloaders and open the same version of your OS? So you didn't have two different partitions or anything did you? I'm trying to run osx 10.11 without clover UEFI and I think this might help me have the best of both worlds. is there a guide somewhere for dual bootloaders?

I'm stuck at Step 3, #11, where it says to choose "Boot OS X Install from OS X Install OS X Yosemite." The guide says it should boot into the new drive, create the recovery partition, complete the installation, and reboot a second time. When I do it, it just boots into the installer.

(It also says "Boot Mac OS X from Install OS X Yosemite," not the longer name quoted above. There was no other option in the Clover menu at the start, nor after the first install/reboot.)

Any idea how to fix this? I've already tried installing three times; the third time I even reformatted and recreated the USB drive first.

(My build is still the same one in my profile - old parts, except the drive, which is a new Samsung SSD. Also, I did not add my ethernet kext to /EFI/CLOVER/kexts/10.10, because I couldn't figure out which, if any, I needed. I'm using a Sonnet Presto Gigabit Pro card, which I believe is Marvell Yukon.)

EDIT: Okay, I've made a tiny bit of progress. I plugged the SSD into a different SATA port, and now Clover sees it. However, when I follow the guide, it still only boots into the installer. (Booting into the SSD does nothing.) Are there prompts I'm supposed to follow to complete the installation? I don't want it to re-install what's already on the SSD.

EDIT #2: I tried booting into the SSD again, and this time, it went to the OS X setup screen! I'm thinking I may have interrupted the "create recovery partition / complete installation" phase (diskutils does not indicate a recovery partition), but there's enough there to let the OS run. I probably should redo the install, but at least it works - hopefully it'll work again. However, my CPU is no longer overclocked according to About This Mac, my RAM is running at 1333 instead of 1600, and my 2nd monitor won't work - it keeps going in and out of energy saver mode, without the screen ever coming on, even though OS X knows it's there. Also, my mouse (an old Logitech that was using SteerMouse before) is behaving weirdly. Every few seconds, if I'm continuously moving the mouse around, the arrow onscreen will stop moving, then suddenly jump to where it's supposed to be.

Is there any similar method for "el capitan"?

Hi all,

GA Z97N WIFI
OSX 10.10.5
i7 4790
16GB Ballistix Tactical
Installed using Stork's Z97N wifi guide

I think I'm a little confused about Unibeast 6.1.1 and Clover. If run the installation using Unibeast 6.1.1, is that creating all the files, folders and settings that would be if I installed from Clover?

If not, I'm trying to understand why not.

The reason I'm asking is that I've had my build running fairly well for almost a month, and I decided to try Toleda's new HDMI Audio script, but when I mounted my EFI partition and ran the script, it gave me an "EFI partition not mounted" error. I looked in the folders on the EFI partition, and there were no clover folders or files.

Do I need to follow this guide for removing the old boot loader?
http://www.tonymacx86.com/basics/171680-clover-basics-switching-advice.html#7

Thanks!

Back