Contribute
Register

How To Install OS X Yosemite Using Clover

Is there a singular most common reason, or most common few reasons, why a Hackintosh remains bootable only with the Clover USB stick still connected, even though Yosemite is apparently successfully installed to the internal SSD/HDD? I would like to prepare myself for that eventuality should that be one of my stumbling blocks.

Is there a singular most common reason, or most common few reasons, why a Hackintosh remains bootable only with the Clover USB stick still connected, even though Yosemite is apparently successfully installed to the internal SSD/HDD? I would like to prepare myself for that eventuality should that be one of my stumbling blocks.
Did you run MultiBeast according to the tonymacx86 Guide?

No, I haven't gone the MultiBeast route, at least not yet. Right now I'm back to 'square one' after discovering motherboard hardware problems completely unrelated to OS X or creating a Hackintosh. A board replacement with fresh install of Win7 looks like what I need to do first, then return to creation of Clover + Yosemite install stick.

I posted the query because I came across a help request (on another forum) in which the OP had installed OS X using Clover, on similar generation hardware to mine, but could only boot into OS X with the USB installer still connected, but did not as yet find a resolution. In my past hours of research across multiple forums, I'd also seen repeated instances of users having the same boot issue, so I began to wonder if there was a 'most likely' configuration error(s) resulting in the problem. This is on Intel 9-Series + Haswell hardware, so current stuff.

If the list of potential causes of the problem is too long, then fair enough. I'll take my chances later on if I can get my box re-built and working optimally in Win7 like it should be.

Hello,

I do not understand this part:

20. Navigate to /EFI/CLOVER/ and replace default config.plist with attached config.plist*
21. Navigate to /EFI/CLOVER/kexts/ and create a folder called 10.10
22. Navigate to /EFI/CLOVER/kexts/10.10/ and add FakeSMC.kext
23. Navigate to /EFI/CLOVER/kexts/10.10/ and add your ethernet kext
24. Navigate to /EFI/CLOVER/kexts/10.10/ and add NullCPUPowerManagement.kext
25. Navigate to /EFI/CLOVER/drivers64UEFI/ remove VBoxHfs-64.efi and add HFSPlus.efi
26. (Optional) Navigate to /EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/patched/ and add DSDT.aml and SSDT.aml

Do you guys mean the USB drive? What is the point in copying these files to the EFI partition? It will be deleted anyway when I install Yosemite, won't it? I'm confused.

Hello,

Do you guys mean the USB drive?

Yes

What is the point in copying these files to the EFI partition? It will be deleted anyway when I install Yosemite, won't it? I'm confused.

The USB EFI partition will remain. The installation drive will be partitioned/formatted for the install.

I wonder: Is there no Sound.kext in the tutorial?

Alright. Thank you :)

So, it may be a dumb question but: How do I use this Clover Guide when I come from Windows? I mean the EFI partition will be created when I create the bootable USB device.

:crazy::crazy:

I would skip this process of creating an EFI partition when I boot directly from the USB device to install Yosemite? :crazy::crazy:

Alright. Thank you :)

So, it may be a dumb question but: How do I use this Clover Guide when I come from Windows? I mean the EFI partition will be created when I create the bootable USB device.

:crazy::crazy:

You'll need a Mac or Hack to download OS X from the Mac App Store and create a bootable Clover installer.

Back