Contribute
Register

How To Install OS X Yosemite Using Clover

In Step 3, the text says, "If you are upgrading from Snow Leopard, Lion, or Mountain Lion and you want to keep your files and apps, skip steps a-j."

I'm assuming this also goes for upgrading from Mavericks - 10.9.x? Not sure why Mavericks would be omitted but figure it's worth asking.

Thanks.

Can someone please clarify something for me? In Clover, when choosing a Mac model that is the 'best fit' to your Hackintosh, is the model choice determined solely by the CPU revision used (say a Haswell i5 desktop chip), or does the GPU choice factor in as well.

Thanks

Can someone please clarify something for me? In Clover, when choosing a Mac model that is the 'best fit' to your Hackintosh, is the model choice determined solely by the CPU revision used (say a Haswell i5 desktop chip), or does the GPU choice factor in as well.

Thanks
To keep your sanity, don't use the Mac Pro 4,1/5,1/6,1 or iMac15,1 System Definitions. For 9-series motherboards, I 2nd toleda's recommendations:
iMac14,1 - HD4600 only, or
iMac14,2 - HD4600 and discrete graphics card or discrete graphics only​
:thumbup:

Alright, thank you. That's a hardware choice I've not yet finalized, but currently only use the HD4600 for dual monitors in Windows (no gaming).

I am using an MSI Z87I ac MB. I had previously installed Yosemite on it. The original board failed and now I am using the refurbished replacement. I want to use Clover this time. I'm thru step 2. I'm getting a boot 0 zero error when I try to boot with the USB drive. I thought I must have made an error in Step 2? So, I tried to boot in my other PC, which has an MSI Z77MA-G45 MB and it boots into Clover fine!
Searching MY memory, ha, I seem to remember that non Gigabyte MB implemented "something" differently in BIOS, than Gigabyte did? Power Management, I think? And in that first installation using Chimera, I updated the bios on that first MB with a Bios one of the Pros created?
I cannot find that thread or that Bios Fix? Found the name of the file " PMPatch.exe. PMPatch has been replaced by UEFIPatch.
This closes the issue on Chimera not starting.

Can someone help me?

And, I thought, Clover did not have boot 0 errors?

Last edited:
To keep your sanity, don't use the Mac Pro 4,1/5,1/6,1 or iMac15,1 System Definitions. For 9-series motherboards, I 2nd toleda's recommendations:
iMac14,1 - HD4600 only, or
iMac14,2 - HD4600 and discrete graphics card or discrete graphics only​
:thumbup:

On a related note, if choosing "iMac14,1" initially because of using iGPU only, but then later on adding in a discrete GPU, does changing the system definition to "iMac14,2" cause any issue with the system serial number (for iMessage/Facetime/iCloud functionality) generated when the computer had only the iGPU?

Hello everyone, I am here with intel i3 4010u with Intel 4400 HD graphics with the compatible hardware.
Have followed everything upto the mark, but when I try to boot the USB, the screen turns blank. This happens right after going to Boot Manager > EFI USB Device.

I have used the compatible Intel 4400 config.list from RehabMan. Have also put down the FakeSMC.kext in kext/10.10 folder. Could someone here please help me out with it?

Still am looking for a reason why Clover will not start in Step 3. Getting "boot Boot (0), 5" flash and then the boot loader. No options works on the boot loader as UEFI USB key is not shown as an option????????

I know that the graphics card (geforce 210) is a ****.... but anybody can explain me what Do I do or put in clover to have a 100% working this graphics card in Yosemite 10.4.4..

At this moment, the system doesn't recogniced it...

The system is: (Office Computer)
Bootloader : Clover 3241
GA-B75M-D3H
Geforce 210
Intel I5 3570
HD 500 GB 3,5"

Thank you in advance.

Still am looking for a reason why Clover will not start in Step 3. Getting "boot Boot (0), 5" flash and then the boot loader. No options works on the boot loader as UEFI USB key is not shown as an option????????
This thread is not for posting problems you've having. Post your problem in the Yosemite Desktop Support forum section. :thumbup:

Back