GA-Z97X UD5 BLK
CPU
i7-4790K
Graphics
HD 7970
Mac
  1. iMac
Hi All,

I recently managed to get Yosemite installed and run simply well, so i do a back up HD using SuperDuper However it didn't back up the EFI partition. What I did next is I mount the EFI partition on the original installed HD, and copy the efi folder and past it in the back up efi partition then I boot the new back up HD it boot up fine but it doesn't show EFI Backups partition on the Clover screen. So i wonder if I do it correctly or there are other way to do this. Thanks in advance.

Motherboard
GA-H170-Gaming 3
CPU
i7 7700K
Graphics
GTX 780
Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi Thanks for the guide.

I followed the guide but i have some problems after first restart (on Yosemite Install), i restart and boot from USB and in clover selected Boot OS X Install From Install OS X Yosemite for finishing the installation, but it starts loading and then suddenly the monitor is not receiving signal and the computer is still on.

This are my specs:

Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD3R rev 2.0 Bios version FH
-Network RTL8111E
-Audio Realtek ALC889 codec
Core i7 960
EVGA GeForce GTX 780 3GB
4 x Patriot Signature Line 4 GB DDR3 @ 1066Mhz.
1 x SSD Samsung EVO 850 250GB

I hope you can Help me.

Thanks in Advance!

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z87N-WIFI
CPU
Intel i7 4770K 3.5Ghz
Graphics
EVGA Nvidia GTX 980 (FTW Edition)
Mac
  1. Mac mini
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
So I get all the way through the guide and move my EFI over to the SSD, and the system hangs at 50% and doesn't seem to load. Is there any way to get back into the system without starting over? I'm guessing I might have messed up on the config file.

Thanks!

Motherboard
Windows 7 Ultimate
CPU
Phenom II x6 1100t @ 4.1ghz 1.52v
Graphics
nVidia GTX 670 FTW on EK block, bios flashed for 1.21v, 1280mhz core
Mac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
STEP 3: Install OS X Yosemite
Unlike UniBeast, this is a 3 part installation process. The system will reboot twice in order to finish the installation and the recovery partition.

1. Turn on the computer
2. Press the hotkey to choose boot device
3. Choose USB

If using a USB 3.0 port, the boot manager screen may appear, at which point proceed with steps a-b.

a. Choose Boot Manager
b. Choose EFI USB Device

4. When Clover boot screen is visible, choose Boot OS X Install from OS X Install OS X Yosemite
5. The system will then boot into OS X Installer
6. For a new installation of OS X, you MUST erase and format the destination drive according to the following steps before continuing. If you are upgrading from Snow Leopard, Lion, or Mountain Lion and you want to keep your files and apps, skip steps a-j.
Great guide, thanks! However, once I get to this part quoted above, I enter clover on boot and only see options to boot windows. It says boot windows from legacy hd1, boot windows from efi, etc., and there is no Boot OS X Install from OS X Install OS X Yosemite.

Does anyone else have this problem? How can I get clover to recognize the OS X installation application as an entry to boot to? I'm fairly sure I made the bootable USB correctly.

Thanks​

Motherboard
GA-Z68XP-UD3 LGA
CPU
Intel Core i7-2600 Processor 3.4GHz 8 MB Cache Socket LGA1155
Graphics
EVGA GeForce GTX 680 2048MB GDDR5
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Attempting a fresh install of 10.10 with clover. I am currently running mavericks with chimera.

Motherboard is GA-Z68XP-UD3 with the most current UEFI bios installed.
i7-2600
GTX 680
32GB RAM

I have created the USB loader twice now following the steps in the 10.10 clover guide. Both times ending up stuck in the same place. I am able to boot into the clover drive and then select the Yosemite Installer. Once I launch it I get a black screen for about 15 seconds, then an apple logo on black for a while. Eventually a slow loading bar appears and gets to ~ 1/3 progress before this panic appears and restarts the machine.

Any recommendations for this?

Attachments

• IMG_4922 cleaned.jpg
    IMG_4922 cleaned.jpg
    764 KB · Views: 125
Motherboard
Asrock H87 Pro4 Socket 1150, ATX
CPU
Xeon E3-1230V3 3.3ghz
Graphics
MSI Radeon R9 270x
Mac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
Hi,

I successfully created a Clover USB and installed Yosemite. I can now boot into Yosemite using USB.

I then followed the instructions and created the EFI partition on SSD (boot drive) and carried out the steps with Clover Configurator.

But when I reboot and try and boot of SSD I get the following error message: "Reboot and select bootable device" So I tried the following

Copied the EFI partition from The USB as this is working and copied it to the EFI partition on my SSD. Still won't work!!! Been at this for 2 days now.

Any suggestions, am I missing something?

CPU: Xeon E3-1230v3 3.3ghz
MB: Asrock H87 Pro4
GC: MSI Radeon R9 270x
SSD: Transend 120GB

Thanks,
Squiggie

12. Type the following, enter password and hit enter. This command completely erases the USB, then creates native OS X installer media from the Install OS X Yosemite Application.

Code:
sudo /Applications/Install\ OS\ X\ Yosemite.app/Contents/Resources/createinstallmedia --volume /Volumes/USB --applicationpath /Applications/Install\ OS\ X\ Yosemite.app --no interaction
Upon completion, the USB will be renamed Install OS X Yosemite.

I have cut and pasted the above code in terminal. I do NOT see a password prompt. So I hit "enter". A password request then appears. On the Mac that I am using, I'm logged in as Administrator, there is NO password required on that machine. So, I hit "enter" with NO entry. I then get password error, retry. Now, after 3 times; the cursor returns to the start line.
What am I missing???????????

P1LGRIM

Motherboard
Lenovo ThinkStation p700
CPU
2x E5-2620 V3
Graphics
RX 560
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
  2. Mac mini
Classic Mac
  1. Power Mac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
What am I missing???????????

You need to enter the admin password on the Mac that you are using.

Even if an admin password is not required to log in etc. there still is one and you need to enter it to progress.