Contribute
Register

How To Install OS X Yosemite Using Clover

migrated from Chimera to clover and rebooted and my iMessage and FaceTime works now :headbang::thumbup:

Hi jbamford,

I have fairly much the same build as yourself. Been building my knowledge of Multibeast and Chimera but Clover is a whole different ball game.

I tried to migrate from Chimera to Clover, iMessage started working however I lost sound. When using Multibeast to install the ALC sound kexts, I try and reboot and it hangs on the Apple icon with progress bar - 1/3rd of the way through.

So did you have issues with sound, and if so how did you fix?

Cheers
e-hawk1

Hi guys,

I can get Clover to boot, but when I try the installer I get the "yosemite missing bluetooth controller transport" KP.

Anyone have any idea where to start?

I am using Z68x-UD5-B3, Bios F6, using Tony's DSDT database file. I am using the kexts and instructions based http://www.tonymacx86.com/mavericks...-how-install-os-x-mavericks-using-clover.html there, with updates for the Yosemite files. I have tried various boot flags to no avail (The only one I can't find is GraphicsEnabler=Yes.. But I have a feeling ticking the Nvidia inject box in the GFX does this same function.

I can't work out how to use boot flags manually on the Clover loader (On Chimera obviously you just start typing on the HDD select). In the mean time I have been loading the plist into Clover Configurator and checking the boot flag options there.

Has anyone managed to boot into the installer? I can use Chimera to load an install fine, obviously not 100%.. So I am trying to make the switch for Clover but after 2 full days I can't get it to boot to the installer.

My hardware specs are
i7 2600k
Gefore 560ti
Samsung 840 Pro SSD
1080P HDMI PC monitor

Please help! I am engaged to be married in January and this is putting a taxing strain on it as I am going insane :D have been a Chimera user for years and years.

I have upgraded Mavericks to Yosemite. Everything is working fine for me except the WiFi. It does not load my wifi kext until I boot into the single user mode and rebuilt my cache. Or boot straight into The system and rebuilt my cache again. Any idea what to do? Please reply.

How to migrate? Guide me please....

LukeWarm74
Logging in and getting kicked out repeatedly. You didn't pull a serial from a mac still connected to internet did you? You arent' getting locked account error, your behavior sounds exactly like what happens when you have two macs using same serial kicking eachother off. This will result in a ban pretty quickly if not fixed. If you didn't pull serial from a mac, check it online to see if you managed to generate a legit serial someone owns somewhere in world (it can happen). You need a UNIQUE serial.

No, I had used lexone's post to gather the system information. It was all unique. Turns out my Ethernet port was en1 instead of en0. After fixing that everything worked beautifully!

Guys my problem still continue...

What I tried so far;

Remove NullCPUPowerManagement.kext --------- didn't work
Used Tony Standart.config ----------------- didn't work
Used Clover Original.config ---------------- didn't work
Tried USB 2.0 and USB 3.0 port ----------- didn't work
Used Tony NVIDIA GE=Yes.config --------- didn't work
Used my own system.config--------------- didn't work

I tried verbose mode boot I don't get any error. When verbose boot finished turning picture 2 down below. Actually always stuck in there apple loading screen past and white screen coming with spinning cursor.

My Graphic Card GTX 660 I always used this card with GraphicsEnabler=No. Because of that Im using Tony 'standart.config' files...

Picture 1
rYH5FpT.jpg

Picture 2
ChZRR0t.jpg

I follow this guide and it doesn't even try to boot.

I've done this with mavericks successfully.

I have an Asus Z97M-Plus motherboard and an nvidia GTX 650 Ti.

Not sure what the issue is, I've done this guide twice with zero success. I even used usb2 and usb3 ports.

Anyone who is on Legacy BIOS and is having trouble installing with Clover, I managed to get this running by installing Yosemite on a MBR partition type. I think there is an issue with Clover not being able to boot using GPT partition on Legacy BIOS.

Ok here is my experience with yosemite, I hope someone can help me.

I decide to do it diferent, I installed the AMD injector before install the bootloader, this way works well, I restart a few times and the graphics card runs like a charm. The i installed some drivers (graphic tablet, usb sound) and restart the system again, this time get stuck in the apple logo again, i start in verbose mode and it stuck on bluetooth device or something like this. Whats the correct way to inyect the graphic card kext? I need to change something in the config.plist when i use the amd inyector?

Thank you¡

Back