CPU
Graphics
Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi,

I got a few questions after playing around with the clover bootloader from a usb stick before I take the plunge and transition fully to clover on my HDD to replace Chimera.

1-"Navigate to /EFI/CLOVER/kexts/10.10/"
There is no such folder, it only goes up to 10.9, do I simply create a 10.10 folder?

2-"Navigate to /EFI/CLOVER/drivers64UEFI/ remove VBoxHfs-64.efi and add HFSPlus.efi"
This is only when creating the usb install thumbdrive and not listed in the post-install section. Isn't HFSPlus.efi required? Why isn't it used on the hdd install of clover?

3-Last but not least, what does Drop OEM_DSM do in Clover configurator's ACPI pane? I'm using my old trusty patched DSDT.aml and everything seems to work fine with nothing at all ticket on the ACPI pane.

Thanks!

I did the same thing you did. Test drove Clover on a USB stick and got a good config.plist going and then took the plunge.

Regarding #1 - Yes, just create your own 10.10 folder on the HDD.

Regarding #2 - Haha. I had the same question you did. It turns out that HFSPlus.efi is an alternative to VBoxHfs-64.efi. So no need to remove it and replace with HFSPlus.efi on the HDD.

I didn't use a DSDT so I'm afraid I can't help with #3.

Good luck.

Motherboard
GA-Z97X-UD5H-BK (Clover)
CPU
Graphics
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Reply to FastFuel:

Did you try installing CsmVideoDxe.efi when installing Clover? It's supposed to provide a wider set of resolutions than UEFI does.

For your video issue booting from the SSD. You modified the config.plist on your SSDs EFI partion? Are you injecting ATI? I think I remember seeing somewhere that ATI 6XXX cards don't need injection. Probably best to experiment with config.plist. Is integrated graphics disabled in bios and correct PCIe slot is set in Initial Display Output in bios?

Hope that helps

Motherboard
Mountain Lion
CPU
i7 950
Graphics
NVIDIA GeForce GT 640 2048 MB
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. eMac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hello everyone, I'm trying to install Yosemite in another Hard Drive to test it with Clover but I cant have the installation screen. I'm using a mobo gigabyte x58a-ud3r, I followed this guide to create de USB and I read that I need this bootflags to start the installation -v cpus=1 npci=0x2000 apart from the once that comes with clover (kext-dev-mode=1 and dart=0) that's right?. How can I boot the installation menu?. If I used a DSDT for multibeast I must use it again here in clover USB?.

Thank you.

Motherboard
Gigabyte mobo
CPU
Intel cpu
Graphics
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
I think your motherboard may not need a DSDT. Check in the Downloads section to see if that's true. Otherwise, you can download one there. Are you saying that the Clover boot selection screen isn't coming up? When you say installation menu, are you referring to the OS X Yosemite install menu?

Motherboard
Asus Sabertooth x79
CPU
Intel i7 4930k
Graphics
GTX 780 3GB
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I'm unsure as to the order of steps to get the iMessage fix working. Where do you grab an original serial from?

Thanks!

Motherboard
Asus Sabertooth x79
CPU
Intel i7 4930k
Graphics
GTX 780 3GB
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I've heard that unique serial code is required for the iMessage fix to work, but I'm unsure as to where I would grab that from. Surely not my existing imac? And do I do all of this before I run the OSX install or after?

Motherboard
Asus Z97-A/USB3.1
CPU
i7-4790
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. iMac
Classic Mac
  1. iBook
  2. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I've heard that unique serial code is required for the iMessage fix to work, but I'm unsure as to where I would grab that from. Surely not my existing imac? And do I do all of this before I run the OSX install or after?

I just finished the process yesterday.
when I followed the guide using Clover Configurator, I entered the info from the iMessage.debug output that I ran from my Hackintosh Mavericks Multibeast install. I did not enter a serial number using Chameleon. After using Clover Configurator in my Yosemite install, I rebooted and got the message to call Apple with the code. When I called they asked me for my serial number. I gave them the serial number from my real iMac. They cleared the code and iMessage and FaceTime worked.
Any questions, let me know.
Len

Motherboard
Asus Sabertooth x79
CPU
Intel i7 4930k
Graphics
GTX 780 3GB
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I just finished the process yesterday.
when I followed the guide using Clover Configurator, I entered the info from the iMessage.debug output that I ran from my Hackintosh Mavericks Multibeast install. I did not enter a serial number using Chameleon. After using Clover Configurator in my Yosemite install, I rebooted and got the message to call Apple with the code. When I called they asked me for my serial number. I gave them the serial number from my real iMac. They cleared the code and iMessage and FaceTime worked.
Any questions, let me know.
Len

Thanks for the reply Len. I have noticed that that is how people seem to be working this issue out. My problem is though, that this is my first hackintosh build and I don't have an existing installation running on anything other than a legit iMac. What should I do at that point?

Motherboard
GA-Z97X-UD5H-BK (Clover)
CPU
Graphics
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Thanks for the reply Len. I have noticed that that is how people seem to be working this issue out. My problem is though, that this is my first hackintosh build and I don't have an existing installation running on anything other than a legit iMac. What should I do at that point?

You can generate the required values in Clover Configurator and then update your config.plist file. You can generate a unique Smuuid # in terminal with uuidgen. The latest Clover Configurator gets the ROM and MLB values from the following fields in Clover Configurator:

ROM value is taken from the last 12 hexadecimal values of your Smuuid. The MLB value is read from the Board Serial Number field. It can be generate by taking your serial number and adding random alpha / numeric digits to make it 17 digits.

This thread has a lot of information on how to get iMessage going:

http://www.tonymacx86.com/general-help/110471-how-fix-imessage.html

Hope this helps.

Motherboard
Intel DP67DE
CPU
Intel Core i7-2600
Graphics
GeForce 650 Ti 2 GB
Mac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I have tried many of variables here to install Clover on the HD (runs fine from the USB) but when I get to Step 3: Install OS X Yosemite Line 5 Boot into OS X Install it fails.

The progress goes to about 50% and then the monitor disconnects likes it's going into sleep mode (nothing can be done to wake the monitor). The USB stick flashes every so often like it's trying to do something but nothing happens. I can't get to the OS X Installer.

Then I boot directly back into Yosemite from the same USB stick and everything works fine. Any ideas?

What can I upload to help?

Thanks