2.8 GHz Core i5
Graphics
ATI Radeon 5770
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi there! I followed the guide step by step, but I didn't get anything, I mean when I start the computer I go to boot options and I select the pen drive where Yosemite with Clover is, then the whole screen goes black and only a little cursor blinks, t....

If you don't have the "Install boot0af in MBR" checked off, the boot will just hang with a black screen.

Sometimes the system will boot to the Clover screen where you select from which drive to boot.

Sometimes the system will boot and display an underscore character in the upper left corner. In this case, hitting keys on the keyboard will bring up a screen in which you can select "Continue".
EDIT: just wait, it will bring up boot screen.

These are my experiences after creating USB drives about 20 times. (Lost track of how many times I've done Clover Configurator).

Motherboard
Gigabyte GA-Z77-UP4 TH
CPU
i7-3770K
Graphics
GTX 1080
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
  2. Mac mini
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
If you don't have the "Install boot0af in MBR" checked off, the boot will just hang with a black screen.

Sometimes the system will boot to the Clover screen where you select from which drive to boot.

Sometimes the system will boot and display an underscore character in the upper left corner. In this case, hitting keys on the keyboard will bring up a screen in which you can select "Continue".

These are my experiences after creating USB drives about 20 times. (Lost track of how many times I've done Clover Configurator).

Now I reach the clover menu but, when I select install it get frozen... but if you touch the keyboard, you can move again an select what you want... But don't begin the installation...

Motherboard
GA-H55M-UD2H
CPU
2.8 GHz Core i5
Graphics
ATI Radeon 5770
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I hate to ask, but .....

Are there previous tonymacx86 configurations that just aren't going to work?
Or is it simply a matter of perseverance?

Perhaps a thread where people can just say "GA-H55M-UD2H success". (at which point I begin harassing the poster with questions :)

Motherboard
GA-H55M-UD2H
CPU
2.8 GHz Core i5
Graphics
ATI Radeon 5770
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I've done everything with Clover, Used the correct kext in the correct directory (EFI partition), changed the file .sys in the correct directory too, used fakeSMC.kext too but I still can not reach the Yosemite installation screen, all I've got is a black screen, a white apple and a loading thing that's loads a little to finaly hang near the middle of the way.

The proof of the problems is visible in verbose mode, after booting clover, I've got lots of error ... SO I guess there is a problem is the installation of Yomesite on my USB stick, that's why I'd like to know what you do have in the primary partition of your USB stick.

Thanks

Same state here.

To those successful installers, Is it normal for tons of errors (pages and pages) in a verbose boot?
EDIT: yes, there about 150 lines with warnings and some assertions failed. However, the errors scroll by quickly in a minute or so. When you have a problem with config.plist, the errors come out slower and slower - a minute apart IIRC.

By adjusting parameters I can get to the white screen with a spinning beach ball. Can anybody confirm that this means I'm getting further or just crapping out earlier? Takes about 5 minutes to get to this point. How long does a normal boot from USB stick take?
EDIT: the config.plist is not right. Should take less than 5 minutes to get to the install screen.

RGB

Motherboard
Gigabyte X58a-UD3R
CPU
i7-960 3.33 GHz
Graphics
ATI 5770
Mac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
I follow all of the steps exactly as the guide states but when I try to reboot from the USB stick I get the Boot0af error. I've reinstalled clover several times and can't get past this. Any ideas what I'm doing wrong?

Motherboard
Asus P8p67 deluxe
CPU
xeon E1230
Graphics
zotac GT240
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Yes, it is set to "Other OS"

reading your posts on every try you disabled the intel injection which is checked by default in all the config files.

redo your USB and follow the legacy BIOS
try the standard config.plist with no modifications or the nvidia config file
for my usb installer i loaded all of the kext from the unibeast not the ones from the firs post

i am not familiar with your BIOS but on some boards the secure boot mode has to be turned off for it to boot non UEFI
try your USB installer on some other system just to see if you can boot, this should help you pinpoint your problem.

Good luck

Motherboard
GA-Z97-HD3
CPU
i7-4790
Graphics
Intel HD Graphics 4600
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
By adjusting parameters I can get to the white screen with a spinning beach ball. Can anybody confirm that this means I'm getting further or just crapping out earlier? Takes about 5 minutes to get to this point. How long does a normal boot from USB stick take?

I am booting with Clover and UEFI, so normal boot takes me less than 50 seconds, installation boot takes less than 2 minutes. Not sure how long with EFI, but Chimera/Unibeast usually took around 1 min 47 seconds for normal boot and less than 3 minutes for installation boot when I used them.

Try a different USB slot or different USB stick and see where you get.

I know some boot flags may be needed with your motherboard when using Unibeast/Chimera, so bear that in mind as well.

http://www.tonymacx86.com/mavericks...-success-ga-h55m-ud2h-f11-core-i3-8400gs.html

Good Luck
Spang1974

Motherboard
GA-Z97-HD3
CPU
i7-4790
Graphics
Intel HD Graphics 4600
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Now I reach the clover menu but, when I select install it get frozen... but if you touch the keyboard, you can move again an select what you want... But don't begin the installation...

I had the same problem when I forgot or skipped over the following step:

24. Navigate to /EFI/CLOVER/drivers64UEFI/ remove VBoxHfs-64.efi and add HFSPlus.efi

Once I went back and removed that file, the USB would boot fine for installation:) I was booting using UEFI.

Kind Regards Spang1974

Motherboard
GigaByte Z390 UD Rev 1.1
CPU
i7-9700K
Graphics
RX 5500 XT
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. Mac mini
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
I've done everything with Clover, Used the correct kext in the correct directory (EFI partition), changed the file .sys in the correct directory too, used fakeSMC.kext too but I still can not reach the Yosemite installation screen, all I've got is a black screen, a white apple and a loading thing that's loads a little to finaly hang near the middle of the way.

Mine hangs in the middle for a very long time too. Maybe you just need to wait it out? I think I waited half an hour or more.

I started again and agin the tuto, using an USB stick or USB hard drive but still a no-go ... so I'm wondering now if my primary partition (when I use the command lines mentionned in the tuto) is normal so I'd like to know the number of files in the OSX install Yosemite partition (mine has got one directory and just one icon). The EFI partition seems ok. Clover IS working but not the installation of Yosemite.

The proof of the problems is visible in verbose mode, after booting clover, I've got lots of error ... SO I guess there is a problem is the installation of Yomesite on my USB stick, that's why I'd like to know what you do have in the primary partition of your USB stick.

Thanks

In verbose mode task a screen shot of the freeze and post it. Multiple errors during boot is normal, most of them are just doing checks to see what's enabled. if it fails it means it's disabled. I get what seems hundreds of them and it still boots. The important errors are the one during freezing that will give clues to what is the problem.

also, I just glanced at your past post history and see you also have a NUC. Which one are you installing Yosemite on currently? I just assumed you we're one one in you sig, the Asus like mine.

Motherboard
GA-P85-D3, v.F2, Chimera "Yosemite"
CPU
Intel core i5 4570K
Graphics
Intel HD Graphics 4600
Mac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
Thank you :*