Contribute
Register

How To Install OS X Yosemite Using Clover

I hate to ask, but .....

Are there previous tonymacx86 configurations that just aren't going to work?
Or is it simply a matter of perseverance?

Perhaps a thread where people can just say "GA-H55M-UD2H success". (at which point I begin harassing the poster with questions :)

I've done everything with Clover, Used the correct kext in the correct directory (EFI partition), changed the file .sys in the correct directory too, used fakeSMC.kext too but I still can not reach the Yosemite installation screen, all I've got is a black screen, a white apple and a loading thing that's loads a little to finaly hang near the middle of the way.

The proof of the problems is visible in verbose mode, after booting clover, I've got lots of error ... SO I guess there is a problem is the installation of Yomesite on my USB stick, that's why I'd like to know what you do have in the primary partition of your USB stick.

Thanks

Same state here.

To those successful installers, Is it normal for tons of errors (pages and pages) in a verbose boot?
EDIT: yes, there about 150 lines with warnings and some assertions failed. However, the errors scroll by quickly in a minute or so. When you have a problem with config.plist, the errors come out slower and slower - a minute apart IIRC.

By adjusting parameters I can get to the white screen with a spinning beach ball. Can anybody confirm that this means I'm getting further or just crapping out earlier? Takes about 5 minutes to get to this point. How long does a normal boot from USB stick take?
EDIT: the config.plist is not right. Should take less than 5 minutes to get to the install screen.

I follow all of the steps exactly as the guide states but when I try to reboot from the USB stick I get the Boot0af error. I've reinstalled clover several times and can't get past this. Any ideas what I'm doing wrong?

Yes, it is set to "Other OS"

reading your posts on every try you disabled the intel injection which is checked by default in all the config files.

redo your USB and follow the legacy BIOS
try the standard config.plist with no modifications or the nvidia config file
for my usb installer i loaded all of the kext from the unibeast not the ones from the firs post

i am not familiar with your BIOS but on some boards the secure boot mode has to be turned off for it to boot non UEFI
try your USB installer on some other system just to see if you can boot, this should help you pinpoint your problem.

Good luck

By adjusting parameters I can get to the white screen with a spinning beach ball. Can anybody confirm that this means I'm getting further or just crapping out earlier? Takes about 5 minutes to get to this point. How long does a normal boot from USB stick take?

I am booting with Clover and UEFI, so normal boot takes me less than 50 seconds, installation boot takes less than 2 minutes. Not sure how long with EFI, but Chimera/Unibeast usually took around 1 min 47 seconds for normal boot and less than 3 minutes for installation boot when I used them.

Try a different USB slot or different USB stick and see where you get.

I know some boot flags may be needed with your motherboard when using Unibeast/Chimera, so bear that in mind as well.

http://www.tonymacx86.com/mavericks...-success-ga-h55m-ud2h-f11-core-i3-8400gs.html

Good Luck
Spang1974

Now I reach the clover menu but, when I select install it get frozen... but if you touch the keyboard, you can move again an select what you want... But don't begin the installation...

I had the same problem when I forgot or skipped over the following step:

24. Navigate to /EFI/CLOVER/drivers64UEFI/ remove VBoxHfs-64.efi and add HFSPlus.efi

Once I went back and removed that file, the USB would boot fine for installation:) I was booting using UEFI.

Kind Regards Spang1974

I've done everything with Clover, Used the correct kext in the correct directory (EFI partition), changed the file .sys in the correct directory too, used fakeSMC.kext too but I still can not reach the Yosemite installation screen, all I've got is a black screen, a white apple and a loading thing that's loads a little to finaly hang near the middle of the way.

Mine hangs in the middle for a very long time too. Maybe you just need to wait it out? I think I waited half an hour or more.

I started again and agin the tuto, using an USB stick or USB hard drive but still a no-go ... so I'm wondering now if my primary partition (when I use the command lines mentionned in the tuto) is normal so I'd like to know the number of files in the OSX install Yosemite partition (mine has got one directory and just one icon). The EFI partition seems ok. Clover IS working but not the installation of Yosemite.

The proof of the problems is visible in verbose mode, after booting clover, I've got lots of error ... SO I guess there is a problem is the installation of Yomesite on my USB stick, that's why I'd like to know what you do have in the primary partition of your USB stick.

Thanks

In verbose mode task a screen shot of the freeze and post it. Multiple errors during boot is normal, most of them are just doing checks to see what's enabled. if it fails it means it's disabled. I get what seems hundreds of them and it still boots. The important errors are the one during freezing that will give clues to what is the problem.

also, I just glanced at your past post history and see you also have a NUC. Which one are you installing Yosemite on currently? I just assumed you we're one one in you sig, the Asus like mine.

Thank you :*

Hey guys... I am struggling through a clean clover Yosemite installation as well... however, atm I am stuck at this beachball right before the installation process would begin. This has been reported before, and it seems all the guys have found a solution to this. However I could not find this solution being reported here so please guys... can anyone help me on this?

thanks in advance!

Beachball like this:
ChZRR0t.jpg

Some success here. I migrated a working Yosemite / Chimera installation to Clover using primarily this guide. This was on an older Gigabyte GA-P55A-UD4P. There were only two issues I ran into.

First the USB performance was flakey and poor. For example my HD Logitech web cam would light up, but no video and the system saw it as USB1. Enabling USB Inject and USB FixOwnership seems to have fixed that. Video from the cam then appeared and is fluid. Not sure if this was the "right" solution, but maybe it will help someone.

Second problem was (actually still is) video performance. This machine has two (2) nVidia 9600 GTs in it. Yes they are older, but performance seems worse under Clover ( w/ nVidia injection) than under Chimera (with GraphicsEnabler=Yes). QE/CI is still enabled (transparent toolbar, ripples in Dashboard, etc). Some effects are still smooth (dock zooming, window minify, etc) but others are much, much worse -- like the transition in and out of Mission Control or sliding between spaces.

If anyone has any suggestions on parameters to help sort out the video performance I'm all ears. :)

I assumed that the Clover nVidia injection would somehow be the same as GraphicsEnabler=Yes, but it doesn't seem to be in my case. Or maybe it is and I'm just seeing the results of something else. Anyway, the game is still on...

Back