Contribute
Register

How To Install OS X Yosemite Using Clover

Gordo74,

I have the same motherboard but no discrete graphics with i7-3770k.
Install os x Yosemite USB tries to boot with the white logo and stops.
But I found this link and everything works fine, even iMessage and Facetime.
I had to go back to Mavericks and update it.

Gordo74,

I have the same motherboard but no discrete graphics with i7-3770k.
Install os x Yosemite USB tries to boot with the white logo and stops.
But I found this link and everything works fine, even iMessage and Facetime.
I had to go back to Mavericks and update it.

My Mavericks install was done with Chimera/Multibeast.
will this guide still work?

Are you booting UEFI? I'm running a test machine with that board that works fine with Clover. I can send you the config.plist as well as anything else that may help if you choose...

Thanks for sending it to me, but I figured oit my issue was not using the HFSPlus driver. I always got an error with Mavericks when I used it, so I just figured it still didn't work. As a last resort last night I tried it and it worked.

I need to fine tune, so your files may become very useful.

Thanks for your help
-=Mark=-

Cliver boots great but i can't reach installation screen ... So how many files in the osx install Yosemite partition ??

I'm not sure what you mean. it looks fine. You just need to edit the clover files that are located on the hidden EFI partition.

I gave you the link to load the EFI partition. Now just make sure you have all of your drivers in the uefidriverx64 if you chose uefi booting in BIOS. Make sure you kexts are copied to the clover/kext/10.10. You need to make the 10.10 folder if you haven't already.

Once I copied the article word for word, it boots fine.

I didn't even need a config.plist. The one clover made worked fine.

Maybe try starting over from scratch. Maybe seek the advice from someone with your board who has been successful in installing it already. Check the forums in the installation > yosemite section.

edit:

Maybe even try unibeast instead in lagacy mode. Usually a bios factory defaults will do the trick to undo the uefi changes.
http://www.tonymacx86.com/445-unibeast-install-os-x-yosemite-any-supported-intel-based-pc.html

This is usually an easier method and you'll learn a little more about OS X and getting that board working with clover. This way you'll at least know it's working and easier to diagnose for clover.

How do I know if my motherboard is a UEFI-based system or not? I'm on a Dell Optiplex 990.

This is absolutely the best place to begin a Clover install.

Thanks.

Hi all,

First of all, I would like to say thanks to TonyMac to provide this guide. It was very helpful and I used this guide to switch from Chimera to Clover. Basically, I đi have somewhat working Yosemite system using Chimera but had issue with iMessage. I used this guide to install Clover to the existing system, made some change to the config.plist and now my iMessage is working (I did have to call Apple to unlock). The only issue I have now is the display. I have a Saphire HD6870 and it used to work without any modification and was able to connect to 2 monitors via DVI. Now, using Clover configurator and input FB name "ipommea", I get 2 monitors display but looking at the screen for a few minutes gave me the strain eyes. I'm not sure if this is caused by the refresh (I saw it set at 60 hz) or I chose the wrong FB name. Anybody who experiences the same issue and/or has the solution, please help.
Thanks,

TTB

Hi there! I followed the guide step by step, but I didn't get anything, I mean when I start the computer I go to boot options and I select the pen drive where Yosemite with Clover is, then the whole screen goes black and only a little cursor blinks, then going black again and nothing else happens. Then I erase the pendrive I began the guide again after that, after the blinking cursor I got an error: Boot0af. I'm using legacy mode, my mobo is GA-X58A-UD3R rev 2.0 BIOS FH. My Graphic card is ZOTAC Nvidia GTX 465. Also I can't find iMessage_debug to try edit the plist.config file...
Many Thanks in advance!

Hi there! I followed the guide step by step, but I didn't get anything, I mean when I start the computer I go to boot options and I select the pen drive where Yosemite with Clover is, then the whole screen goes black and only a little cursor blinks, t....

If you don't have the "Install boot0af in MBR" checked off, the boot will just hang with a black screen.

Sometimes the system will boot to the Clover screen where you select from which drive to boot.

Sometimes the system will boot and display an underscore character in the upper left corner. In this case, hitting keys on the keyboard will bring up a screen in which you can select "Continue".
EDIT: just wait, it will bring up boot screen.

These are my experiences after creating USB drives about 20 times. (Lost track of how many times I've done Clover Configurator).

If you don't have the "Install boot0af in MBR" checked off, the boot will just hang with a black screen.

Sometimes the system will boot to the Clover screen where you select from which drive to boot.

Sometimes the system will boot and display an underscore character in the upper left corner. In this case, hitting keys on the keyboard will bring up a screen in which you can select "Continue".

These are my experiences after creating USB drives about 20 times. (Lost track of how many times I've done Clover Configurator).

Now I reach the clover menu but, when I select install it get frozen... but if you touch the keyboard, you can move again an select what you want... But don't begin the installation...

Back