Contribute
Register

How To Install OS X Yosemite Using Clover

Im having a problem on the second boot. It continues to install until about 21 minutes remaining and then it stops and says that there was an error extracting. i think it was installesd.pkg or something similar. and asks me to reboot and start installer again. then when i restart and start installer it starts and in about a minute t fails and says "OS X could not be installed on your computer" "file system verify or repair failed". I previously had mavericks on it and i tried to install tosemite with this method as an update and as a clean install. If anyone could help me please that would be great.

Thank you

Alex

yup, that is exactly what mine does with clover as well.

I installed with Unibeast and legacy mode with somewhat success. I even used the fakesmc from unibeast's 10.10 install without success.

I need to find the config.plist from 10.10 unibeast. anyone know where unibeast installs it? I'm guessing it's a config issue. I've tried a dozen or more so far withopit success. Even tried the older clover without success.

btw, when i use my clover stick, it boots to the clover menu and when I select the usb to boot, it just hangs like it's locked up. I hit anykey and it unfreezes and redraws the clover boot screen. But any attempt to boot the install usb freezes.
Are you booting UEFI? I'm running a test machine with that board that works fine with Clover. I can send you the config.plist as well as anything else that may help if you choose...

Great work Tonymac. I tried your guide (legacy) and I tried UEFI. Both worked flawlessly on my GA-H77N-WIFI. However my GA-Z87X-UD3H can only boot until Clover boot menu. If I select Install OS X Yosemite nothing will happen.

BIOS and UEFI go both boards have the same settings, I put the correct kexts, config, etc.

Do you think the Z87X has an issue? It also kept on freezing on Mavericks using Unibeast and Multibeast.

Exact same problem that I am having. What drives me crazy is that I saw a person post that they solved the issue without bothering to say what fixed it!

The three shown in the instructions:
EmuVariable\OSXaptio\PartitionDXE
Sorry gunz, my post was intended for Gordo74. With that said you're problems sound more like a corrupt installer. FYI you can see what drivers are really installed by viewing the EFI/driver64UEFI folder. EmuVariable is only necessary if your board won't write to nvram, it's presence whether needed or not will not cause any problems. Basically the same for PartitionDXE, generally not necessary but also not harmful. OsxAptioFixDrv-64 is absolutely required as well as either HFSPlus or VBox64...

I checked the 3 boxes, deleted VBoxHfs-64.efi and added HFSPlus.efi. The USB installer worked great flawlessly on GA-H77N-WIFI but i get stuck the boot menu in GA-Z87X-UD3H.

Installed clover on boot drive and used Multibeast for audio and network kexts post install.

Sorry gunz, my post was intended for Gordo74. With that said you're problems sound more like a corrupt installer. FYI you can see what drivers are really installed by viewing the EFI/driver64UEFI folder. EmuVariable is only necessary if your board won't write to nvram, it's presence whether needed or not will not cause any problems. Basically the same for PartitionDXE, generally not necessary but also not harmful. OsxAptioFixDrv-64 is absolutely required as well as either HFSPlus or VBox64...

By installer - do you mean the OSX Yosemite itself? I totally didn't think about that. It is the one piece of software here that I haven't redownloaded and retested.

I will dl a fresh copy right now and let you all know if it works.

Edit: Does it matter that I am not using the latest firmware of my bios? I am on 14 and I think the latest out now is 15r. It has always run perfectly with chimera and unibeast so I never upgraded it.

Hi,

At the beginning of the installation Yosemite with Clover r2953 to show me the picture below and wait here.
Is there a solution?

http://shrani.si/f/1...mBt/img0062.jpg

LENOVO-ThinkCentre M90p: CPU: 3,19 GHz, Intel Core i5, RAM: 8,0GiB, HDD: 500 GiB, SSD: 60 GiB, GPU: NVidia 310, 512 MB,
Audio: Realtec ALC 662, Network Intel 82578 DM Gigabit

- OS X Yosemite 10.10 GM 3.0

Hi,

Thanks for this great guide.
Everything is working execpted AppleHDA.

DSDT, SSDT, applehda, applesmartbattery,... come from Maverick. The battery status works (with required DSDT). The kext for applehda is loaded but no sound card.

It believe that the pb comes from clover configuration but what to do ?

Frederic

Back