Contribute
Register

How to Install OS X Mavericks using Clover

Its there some tool to fully erase chimera from a USB flash drive?

Just use Tonys guide and make a new, clean Clover USB installer. Then use a MOBO specific guide and install Clover to the UEFI partition of your system drive. Your hack will then behave almost like a real Mac.

MacTester

Just use Tonys guide and make a new, clean Clover USB installer. Then use a MOBO specific guide and install Clover to the UEFI partition of your system drive. Your hack will then behave almost like a real Mac.

MacTester
This is how I have it set up. I was just thinking about taking Chimera out of the mbr on the boot drive.

I'm thinking about doing what you did the just a normal upgrade. I'm backing up my system first. I have a Z87X – UT5H booting with clover.

I probably should upgrade the version of clover first.

I am trying to install Yosemite using Clover on my system. I have a X58a-UD3R motherboard. When I boot with the USB installer, it boots up to the point where it shows PCI Configuration Begin and then it hangs. I have followed tonymac's guide to the tee but am not having any luck. Any idea on how to fix this?

Attachments

• Photo 2014-10-18.jpg
    Photo 2014-10-18.jpg
    921.8 KB · Views: 142
I am trying to install Yosemite using Clover on my system. I have a X58a-UD3R motherboard. When I boot with the USB installer, it boots up to the point where it shows PCI Configuration Begin and then it hangs. I have followed tonymac's guide to the tee but am not having any luck. Any idea on how to fix this?
My upgrade was fine but usb is very slow to start and no audio or imessager. Anyone with the same problems?

MacTester
Anyone having a problem with USB 3.0 with Yosemite. Everytime that I reboot it takes about 3 minutes for the USB keyboard and mouse to be usable I have a GA-Z87x-UD5H board. ANyone havin gthe same problem with that board?

Thanks,

MacTester
When you say "MOBO specific guide" do you mean guide for Clover or mobo guide for everything else (audio, ethernet, etc)?

I have a silly question - if Clover solves all of the problems listed in the top post and makes hack behave almost like a real mac, why do we use Chimera in Unibeast/Multibeast? All of the boards in the buyer's guide support UEFI, do they not?

When you say "MOBO specific guide" do you mean guide for Clover or mobo guide for everything else (audio, ethernet, etc)?

I have a silly question - if Clover solves all of the problems listed in the top post and makes hack behave almost like a real mac, why do we use Chimera in Unibeast/Multibeast? All of the boards in the buyer's guide support UEFI, do they not?

There are still tons of people that don't have UEFI boards. On top of that, UniBeast/MultiBeast combination is a bit easier when you're first starting out.

There are still tons of people that don't have UEFI boards. On top of that, UniBeast/MultiBeast combination is a bit easier when you're first starting out.

Clover works on BIOS-only boards too in addition to UEFI.

ga z77 x up5th do i need legacy mode or efi mode to make a usb installer

For Gigabyte motherboards, Legacy mode installer is recommended (UEFI USB installer works on my board though)

Back