Contribute
Register

How to Install OS X Mavericks using Clover

I just recently got Clover up and running on my GA Z87X-UD7-TH using UEFI. Everything seems to work fine except one last bit I can't shake out: The startup disk value doesn't get saved to nvram. Everything else gets saved to nvram between reboots just fine without the use of EmuVariableUefi. But for some reason the efi-boot-device and efi-boot-device-data variables do not. Whenever I reboot, Clover doesn't automatically choose my startup drive. It does pick up other settings.

Anyone have any ideas?

Solved it. Apparently when you have the DefaultVolume config option set, it nukes your efi-boot-device and efi-boot-device-data on startup. This seems extremely weird given the description on the wiki, which states: "Alternatively the default entry can be set in NVRAM using the Startup Disk preference panel and it will be given preference over the value given here."

Hello

I hv

Asus Maximus V Formula
Intel 3770k
HD4000
Dell Ultrasharp U2414H (mini dp to dp connect)

boot with clover

but graphics on installer is pathetic i.e. 640x480 :confused:

so could not click on install button :banghead:

pls help

EDIT :

Install successful :thumbup::thumbup:

ps: missing CsmVideoDxe-64.efi this bad boy cuz bad graphics on boot screen :evil:

Happy Happy :D:D

Last edited:
I'm stuck at getting the Installer to show on my Z97X-UD5H • 4790k • GeForce 9800GT

I have tried the Nvidia config.plist with the UEFI setup and it gets me as far as screenshot 1 shows, before the screen goes black. For all I know the Installer's there in the background.

There are a couple of people claiming to have it working without DSDT & SSDT (see http://trick77.com/2014/08/03/new-hackintosh-build-based-gigabyte-ga-z97x-ud5h/) but with that config.plist I can't get past screenshot 2. I am using only FakeSMC, however.

Any ideas?

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    956.9 KB · Views: 208
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    688.5 KB · Views: 196
Hello

I hv

Asus Maximus V Formula
Intel 3770k
HD4000
Dell Ultrasharp U2414H (mini dp to dp connect)

boot with clover

but graphics on installer is pathetic i.e. 640x480 :confused:

so could not click on install button :banghead:

pls help

EDIT :

Install successful :thumbup::thumbup:

ps: missing CsmVideoDxe-64.efi this bad boy cuz bad graphics on boot screen :evil:

Happy Happy :D:D

Hi Sayatan did you get audio to work?

nice guide everything works but i have sometimes problems with usb when it boot i cant use keyboard or mouse lol i have to reset few times then works idk what i miss maybe some1 know how to fix it ?? and is it possible to install chameleon bootloader over clover ? cause i cant boot windows form clover :( i have to press F8 then choose windows if i need it :(
sorry im not a pro with all that :)
is it possible to make usb3 works on my board ? i don't really care about it
my system
Sabertooth Z77 ati HD 7850 al boot exept audio (have to install from multibeast)
Thank you for this guide

Just added config.plist-Intel-HD4600-desktop-fixed.zip to top post. The fixed version should give full acceleration for HD 4600 graphics.

Just added config.plist-Intel-HD4600-desktop-fixed.zip to top post. The fixed version should give full acceleration for HD 4600 graphics.

Hi, may you provide a config.list for Core i7 2600K HD3000(0x01228086) full acceleration?
I had try inject EDID + Inject Intel + FakeID 0x01268086 with Clover r2953, but that only cause a stop after AppleIntelE1000.

Using the HD4600 config.plist with Clover r2593 and the onboard HDMI connection, I was finally able to get to the 10.9.5 installer screen on my Z97X-UD5H + 4790k combo. There were errors about CPU management and states, as the chip is currently unsupported, but that's a clear win for me.

Now that Yosemite is likely only a few days away, I think I'll just wait and see how I do with it.

Peas out!

Back