Contribute
Register

How to Install OS X Mavericks using Clover

I've followed this guide and have been successful in installing Mavericks through the USB Clover Bootloader.

However it seems as if the post installation steps haven't set up the drive for UEFI booting. From my BIOS I can see both a standard and UEFI option for the Mavericks Clover Bootloader, but only the standard boot option for my Mavericks install.

Hardware is:
Intel i7-3770k
Asus Sabertooth Z77
Asus 7970

Edit: Turns out my last choice for fix, BIOS update seems to have helped.

However I cannot boot into Mavericks with the Clover Bootloader on the hard drive, only from the USB.

Another issue is that Clover is booting very slowly. It's showing the black screen with cursor for 1-2 minutes before any GUI displays.

I've managed to boot with clover by adding a patched ssdt.aml. Clover successfully boots mavericks but the usb mouse and keyboard do Not work.

I read a tip in another thread that says "On Asus motherboards there is an uption for OSs that do not support "EHCI hand-off", go to Advanced -> USB Configuration -> EHCI Hand-off -> Enabled."

Switching EHCI Hand-off to enabled also got USB working on my Gigabyte Z77N-WIFI
main board.

Hey Guys,

I have an Intel HD 4600 Integrated here that apparently doesn't work properly. I used the attached config.plist for the HD 4600 but while the system detects it, it doesn't seem to fully use its power (It only uses 7MB of VRAM).

I have some horrible flickering on native apps and some of the third party apps. It also seems to have some lag playing HD videos, and it crashes when I do a shortcut to show desktop or when I click on chrome extensions (any).

Any ideas on what I can do to fix that?

Intel Core i5 4570
16 GB of DDR3 RAM
HD Graphics 4600
Intel DH87RL Mobo

Great Guide, followed it to the letter but I have a question....

Mavericks seems to boot every time in Verbose mode... How can I get it to boot normally?

Boot options in Clover show flags -v and dart=0,,,, but I cannot override them tried return, spacebar etc... just freezes up and I need to hit esc to get out of there... what is dart=0? never heard of that one before either,,,

Sorted!

Seems you hit the spacebar first in the options to enable to delete these flags...

dart=0 pertains (apparently) to disabling Vt-d. Since my processor is a K Model and this is already automatically disabled in the bios,,,, begs the question as to why this was set as a default boot flag!

I managed to install Mavericks with Clover on my Asus Sabertooth P67 alright, but the I can't get the board to boot into clover using UEFI: The boot option is only there for the "normal" way, which obviously doesn't work.
So presently the only way to boot into my Mavericks is using a USB stick, which shows up as UEFI alright.
Does anyone know what I could try to get the internal SSD to show up as UEFI?

Does anyone know how to SUCCESSFULLY port the SMBIOS generated by Cham Wizard to Clover?

I still cannot enable the native iMessage account with the auto SMBIOS so thought maybe using the infor from the old smbios under Clover might trick it into seeing it as a Genuine serial...

I ported the values as are into the SMBIOS <Dict></Dict> Field and rebooted... and STILL get the auto values from previouly!

hi i have install osx with clover in uefi mode motherboard ga-z87x-ud5th with one disk 320 gb with windows7 and ssd on osx and 2tb dates , clover not show osx or other sistems
why ?
clover is installed on ssd osx system

please help

thanks

I think the provided config.plist for hd4600 is broken. Ig-platform-id value appears as 0D220003, when (I think) it should be 0x0d220003. Without changing this, I was unable to get my gpu working. Correct me if I am wrong.

EDIT: New installation. Now I'm using the default config.plist + ig-platform-id 0x0d220003. With the provided config.plist for hd4600 desktop, my gpu wasn't recognised. I don't understand nothing.

Thank you for such a detailed guide! For some reason I cannot get my build to even boot the installer using Clover though.

I've typed up the verbose output, it can be found here: http://privatepaste.com/1439dce294

I have a Z97 motherboard with a 4770k CPU.

I have tried both the Standard and GraphicsEnabler (nVidia) config attachments, but both yield the same output.

The first things that come to mind are the "name" not a kext, "FailedCLUT" not a kext, as well as the "AppleUSBEHCI:UIMInitialize - Error Occured" lines, but I have googled a few solutions to no avail.

I have also tried all variations of -x, -v, -f, GraphicsEnabled, etc, they all produce the same verbose output.

Any ideas? Thanks!

P.S. I can get the installer to boot using UniBeast/MultiBeast but it doesn't work well and I cannot use ethernet or bluetooth with those methods. I have a UEFI motherboard.

Back