Contribute
Register

How to Install OS X Mavericks using Clover

Hi mate,

I've been the following the guide and I have clover and Mavericks installer on the USB. When I select to boot the Mavericks installer the verbose text starts running through as normal, then the system stops sending video signals and the monitor shows "no signal" as it would of the System was turned off or the cable was unplugged.
At this time the USB device's light stays solid as it does when it's functioning but not being accessed, as opposed to rapidly pulsing when it's trying to boot something.

I've tried both the minimal config.plist and the nVidia config.plist attached in the topic and I have tried booting with GraphicsEnabler=No

It's the same thing every time.

If I try to boot to Mavericks from clover on the USB, it shows error:
Code:
P-State Stepper Error 18 at step 2 in context 2 on CPU 0
and then it restarts

I can still boot to mavericks if I boot using Chameleon which is also on the USB device.

Regards

-J

Hi mate,

I've been the following the guide and I have clover and Mavericks installer on the USB. When I select to boot the Mavericks installer the verbose text starts running through as normal, then the system stops sending video signals and the monitor shows "no signal" as it would of the System was turned off or the cable was unplugged.
At this time the USB device's light stays solid as it does when it's functioning but not being accessed, as opposed to rapidly pulsing when it's trying to boot something.

I've tried both the minimal config.plist and the nVidia config.plist attached in the topic and I have tried booting with GraphicsEnabler=No

It's the same thing every time.

If I try to boot to Mavericks from clover on the USB, it shows error:
Code:
P-State Stepper Error 18 at step 2 in context 2 on CPU 0
and then it restarts

I can still boot to mavericks if I boot using Chameleon which is also on the USB device.

Regards

-J

I have the exact same problem.

I've managed to boot with clover by adding a patched ssdt.aml. Clover successfully boots mavericks but the usb mouse and keyboard do Not work. If I boot with chameleon then the keyboard and mouse do work. Any way to fix this?

Regards

-J

Hello everyone,
After many try with other programms, I successfull install with clover Mavericks.
But many things dont work if someone want to help me ?
Only sound and AppStore dont work :S
And how can I change about mac the imac to MacPro ?

after many formats and many installations finally got everything working on 10.7.3 except Graphics :|

GA-H55-UD3H F10
i5-750
6GB RAM (3x2GB)
MSI GeForce 8600GT 512 MB

i dont know how the heck i can make this card to work. in unibeast method it is the exact opposite; graphics are the only ones working just fine, and with Clover i cant get graphics acceleration :( tried every injection porrible... no progress.. any ideas?? :rolleyes:

Hi guys hopefully someone can help and possibly give me the correct files needed.

I have a asus k55vd i7 with intel hd 4000 and geforce 610m.

I can not set up clover correctly and my intel graphics wont work and cpu fan just runs at 100% so noisy.
Oh i have it dual booting with a efi partition and clover installed in uefi bios.

Thanks in advance,

I tried this guide but it failed while copying the install files. Now I can't get the USB to mount. Any ideas how to resolve this?

I am having an issue with the EFI folder on the USB. I can't seem to access and the guide didn't walk me through it. Now I have a current EFI folder already on my current install of OSX 10.9.2 that I'm creating this from. I'm guessing there is a conflict.

anyone know how I can access the EFI to copy my folder over to?

I tried this guide but it failed while copying the install files. Now I can't get the USB to mount. Any ideas how to resolve this?

Did it fail? Or did you just abort it because it was taking a long time?

Remember, it can take an hour or more to install to the usb. Maybe try again and let it run for an hour or two. maybe two if you waited about an hour last time.

If it did indeed error out, can you post the error messge?

After searching on how to mount and unmount in osx I was able to get a good boot off the usb with the time machine and restore options.

But, I didn't get an option to run disk utility so I could wipe my SSD and install from scratch. It just basically did an update from 10.9.2 to 10.9.3 and I still have my old install fully intact.

Is there a hotkey or something to access the dusk utility from the install disk?

Back