Contribute
Register

How to Install OS X Mavericks using Clover

Gryphon Z87. After successful install OS X don't boot. Only with -x flag. I use config.plist for Nvidia. And i have error when try install Clover in safe mode. Can you help me, please?

This guide works great with Asus Sabertooth Z87 with 4770k. Thanks.

hi guys. is there a way to hide the efi partition? i mean, once clover is configured, i think it useless to see it on the desktop :)

Attachments

• Schermata 2014-05-20 alle 18.57.12.png
    Schermata 2014-05-20 alle 18.57.12.png
    439.1 KB · Views: 279
config.plist/RTVariables/MountEFI/NO.

thank you toleda!
last question please: does bootcamp works with clover? i mean, can i use bootcamp assistant to prepare a windows usb key and install windows as a real mac?
i tried: when the bootcamp assistant reboots the pc, it starts from the usb key, a strange windows logo appears in the middle but i can't reach the windows install screen.
i don't know if it is a bios problem. i'm using a msdn iso of windows 8.1 pro(so the problem isn't there)
bios settings: csm never, secure boot disabled, os type windows 8 whql.

sorry for my bad english...

This guide works perfectly! It's simple and clear thank you very much.
My configuration:
- Asus B85M-G
- i3 4330 using HD 4600 graphics
- TP-LINK TL-WN781ND wireless adapter
- Digicom USB Bluetooth
Everything works great, including App Store - iCloud account, graphics acceleration, sound, wifi and bluetooth.

Hello,
when I install Mavericks it just stops at the last second and won't reboot by its own.
If I just reboot and select install from the USB Mavericks just wants to install again ?
Even the Harddrive is going to sleep after a while :)
Any idea what might be wrong ?

PICT0090.JPG

Cheers
Tabarus

Hello, I have also have the Z87 Sabertooth with the 4770K CPU.

I am able to boot up Clover and see the listing of drives. I select the option to Boot OS X Install from my drive, however nothing happens when I click Enter.

Not sure if it has been said already in the forum but...
For anyone else who has this motherboard, you have to go to the Advanced section of the Bios and under the Boot section, change the Security from Windows OS to Other OS, otherwise this will never boot up.

Click Exit/Advanced Mode
Click Advanced Mode
Select the Boot menu option
Scroll down and click Secure Boot
Then change Windows UEFI mode to Other OS

Make sure to boot with the UEFI USB drive option upon the next boot up.

This is as far as I have gotten.

Any help would be great!

Thanks,

CGRTist

Hey. I've gotten my Hackintosh successfully installed and using the Clover bootmenu. After hours of searching I haven't been able to fix my last problem as of yet. What you see in these pictures are what my bootloader looks like now:

svFh4em.jpg

amTberS.jpg

WiukeHu.jpg

The option on the right is for my new Hackintosh drive, the one in the middle called "Microsoft EFI boot menu", boots me into Windows 8.1. The problem is that the first one (the one on the left) isn't working. It says "Boot Windows from EFI", but all I get is a blinking "-" in the top left corner.

What I want is to remove the first option/left one and rename the "Microsoft EFI boot menu" to something like "Boot Windows 8.1"ish. Can any of you help me with this?

Thanks in advance :)

Trying to install to Dell M6600 Laptop with Ati 8900M ( ATI6970 )
Followed steps in first post for clover efi usb
Cant get to installer when booting usb efi.
Do i need to remove AMD6000 controller kext and if so how exactly ?

Back