Contribute
Register

How to Install OS X Mavericks using Clover

another successful set-up

software
OSX 10.9.2
clover r2636, config.plist (created by clover generator 3.20.0)

hardware

- Gigabyte Z77N-WiFi, F3 BIOS
- Xeon E3-1225 V2
- 8GB x2
- onboard Intel WiFi/BT card removed
- Hitachi 1TB 2.5" HDD
- Sapphire Radeon HD7700 Vapor-X (one of the DVI port working out of box; Framebuffer : Buri)

Note:
- this hardware configuration, cannot be startup when using unibeast 3.01
- without the discrete ATI HD7700, the built-in E3-1225V2 P4000 can be used but seems that the framebuffer is wrong, only has 8MB video memory

Maybe someone can make a video tutorial about clover boot loader ?

I am trying to install clover on my Z77X-UP5TH system, I am using on board graphics so no discreet graphics card, I am following the legacy mode install. During the initial install of Mavericks, it sits on the screen with 'about a second remaining' for 5-10 minutes before it reboots, and when it reboots it looks like its only doing so because of a time out and stuff flies by on the screen, I can see this message:

Killability dirty/idle-exit unsupported

but I can proceed with the install. Once I get into the Mavericks setup, I have no network card, even though I put the Intel e1000 kext onto the flash drive. At this point I continue on with the install, install Clover on my boot drive, reboot, select my boot drive and black screen, also the lights on my keyboard flash, but nothing else happens.

I am using a 8GB USB2 flash drive in a USB 2 slot to do the install, the only USB devices connected are a mouse and a keyboard.

Reinstalled and this time it boots from the EFI choice at the Clover boot up screen, no idea why although I get no boot screen, its black until the login comes up.

I have ethernet, but no audio. How should I install audio?

Thanks Tonymacx86 great work!

Clover works great on my Asus Maximus VI Hero (Z87) my guide it's similar to Tonymac's guide...

The best part of tonymacx86's new guide is this is the first step into not being dependent on Legacy Boot Motherboards Anymore!!!

Now you will Only have to research what sound/network is installed on your the motherboard before you buy, for compatibility with OS X.

If you like to take a peek at my build/guide, I also posted a You Tube video of the boot up time...

http://www.tonymacx86.com/user-buil...aximus-vi-hero-4770k-gtx770-4gb-16bg-ram.html

I followed this tutorial.. I have a "Gigabyte GA-H67N-USB3-B3 - i3 2105 - HD 3000".. I used the "DSDT-GA-H67N-USB3-B3-F7-HDMI.aml".. I also used theconfig.plist-Standard.zip

1. I have no audio
2. I can't play video (Youtube), & it flashes when I open Safari.

Everything else seems to be working fine.

What can I do?
Thanks

I followed this tutorial.. I have a "Gigabyte GA-H67N-USB3-B3 - i3 2105 - HD 3000".. I used the "DSDT-GA-H67N-USB3-B3-F7-HDMI.aml".. I also used theconfig.plist-Standard.zip

1. I have no audio
2. I can't play video (Youtube), & it flashes when I open Safari.

Everything else seems to be working fine.

What can I do?
Thanks

1 - make sure in your config.plist the DsdtName=the same name as your file in EFI/clover/ACPI/patched. If it's different update so they are the same. My bet is the config.plist shows DsdtName=DSDT.aml - not your file name
2 - change flash hardware acceleration in settings. Google how to do it and whatever it's set to change it. (On or off). That will fix YouTube, espn, etc,etc...

Hi Tony,
Thanks for your great guide, it works like a charm and booting with Clove UEFI has some big advantages over Chimera. Only thing that upsetting is that I'm unable to get iMessage to work when booting with Clover. I did set all serials, UUid's, password, creditcard etc, but still can't get logged in to iMessage.

If I boot with the old Chimera (bios to legacy), iMessage works perfect, no errors at all. So, I wonder what's different and if there is a fix for this. If not, I'm stuck with Chimera (that's not a real problem).

Cheers, Rene

Post config.plist. You need to insert custom serial number in the SMBIOS (use chameleon wizard) then add seven additional numbers to the end. Then make sure in the RTVariables section that same serial number is present. Log out of iMessage and reboot. Once you reboot try to login to iMessage - if you can't login then reset Apple ID password and reboot 1 more time. Now you should be good to go. Don't forget to reset password in iTunes, App Store, FaceTime and on your idevices

Having the same problem on my system. Then I get to the boot menu page...and when I navigate to "Boot Manager", I don not see "EFI USB Device" listed. Any help Tony?

Reformat USB as GUID/Fat32
Reinstall uefi clover per instructions (include the kext FakeSMC)
Make sure the CSM in bios is set to never (you can go back and change later) and boot from on-board graphics
Hit F12 and choose USB that clover is installed on
You will have to boot with injected kext first - then after the install you will have to boot again with cache and injected kexts (press space bar at boot screen for these options). It will seem like it's installing twice but it's not

Once you are through setup and have gotten to desktop manually install required Kexts from multibeast (do not install Chimera) then reinstall Clover UEFI to your HDD (it automatically installs to EFI partition) make sure if you use dsdt or SSDT they are named correctly in your config.plist. Also go to this site to learn how to create a system specific config.plist: http://clover-wiki.zetam.org/Home. It's the best resource out there. It's a lot of trial and error but once you have a solid config.plist then you pretty much have a "real" Mac and can use options like power nap and boot camp.

When I change it to this, I get a Kernal Panic. Do you know why?
(I am doing this on my USB Clover Boot until I get a USB keyboard to fix my "Boot0 error".)

Code:
<key>DSDT</key>
        <dict>
            <key>Debug</key>
            <false/>
            <key>DropOEM_DSM</key>
            <false/>
            <key>Fixes</key>
            <dict>
                <key>AddDTGP_0001</key>
                <false/>
                <key>AddHDMI_8000000</key>
                <false/>
                <key>AddIMEI_80000</key>
                <false/>
                <key>AddMCHC_0008</key>
                <false/>
                <key>AddPNLF_1000000</key>
                <false/>
                <key>DeleteUnused_400000</key>
                <false/>
                <key>FIX_ACST_4000000</key>
                <false/>
                <key>FIX_ADP1_800000</key>
                <false/>
                <key>FIX_INTELGFX_100000</key>
                <false/>
                <key>FIX_RTC_20000</key>
                <false/>
                <key>FIX_S3D_2000000</key>
                <false/>
                <key>FakeLPC_0020</key>
                <false/>
                <key>FiX_TMR_40000</key>
                <false/>
                <key>FiX_WAK_200000</key>
                <false/>
                <key>FixAirport_4000</key>
                <false/>
                <key>FixDarwin_0002</key>
                <false/>
                <key>FixDisplay_0100</key>
                <false/>
                <key>FixFirewire_0800</key>
                <false/>
                <key>FixHDA_8000</key>
                <false/>
                <key>FixHPET_0010</key>
                <false/>
                <key>FixIDE_0200</key>
                <false/>
                <key>FixIPIC_0040</key>
                <false/>
                <key>FixLAN_2000</key>
                <false/>
                <key>FixRegions_10000000</key>
                <false/>
                <key>FixSATA_0400</key>
                <false/>
                <key>FixSBUS_0080</key>
                <false/>
                <key>FixShutdown_0004</key>
                <false/>
                <key>FixUSB_1000</key>
                <false/>
                <key>NewWay_80000000</key>
                <false/>
            </dict>
            <key>Name</key>
            <string>DSDT-GA-H67N-USB3-B3-F7-HDMI.aml</string>
            <key>ReuseFFFF</key>
            <false/>
        </dict>

How to Install OS X Mavericks using Clover - SOLVED -

Post config.plist. You need to insert custom serial number in the SMBIOS (use chameleon wizard) then add seven additional numbers to the end. Then make sure in the RTVariables section that same serial number is present. Log out of iMessage and reboot. Once you reboot try to login to iMessage - if you can't login then reset Apple ID password and reboot 1 more time. Now you should be good to go. Don't forget to reset password in iTunes, App Store, FaceTime and on your idevices

Thanks for your reply, but I found why iMessage did'nt work. For some reason EMUVariableUEFI-64 was not present on my EFI drive. Maybe I forgot to select, or it got deleted. Anyway, reinstalled it and now iMessage is working as usual. So, I'm happy !

Back