Contribute
Register

How to Install OS X Mavericks using Clover

Hi...

ga x79 up4
i7 4930k

Successfully installed mavericks and completed post installation process.

How to remove cpus=1 boot flag?

Thanks for the wonderful guide.

Update 1: Actually i can boot without cpus=1, but it takes ages and everything responding too slow when i boot into Mavericks.

Update 2: I am getting geekbench score 18414 with stock cpu speed, but i can't understand why everything responding so slow. Applications take ages to launch. Someone please give me clue.

Clover does not cure the HDCP bug for Itunes purchased content on Ivy or Haswell.

First off, this is very cool and I definitely want to see this succeed.

I will likely build a computer for the first time late April, and I want it to dual-boot Arch Linux and OS X Mavericks. It'll hopefully have an Asus Z87-Pro mobo.

So, I saw that Tony mentioned in the OP that the latter clover install setup thingy supports Asus series 8 mobos, and I assume that includes the Z87-Pro?

Also, is clover capable of booting linux? More specifically, from a btrfs partition? :/ Skeptical, but hopeful.

Thanks!

Can FileVault2 be enabled with Clover as loader?
Thanks.

Yeah! I successfully installed new OS X Mavericks system on GA-Z87X-UD7 TH motherboard through Clover EFI boot manager without Unibeast and Multibeast!

I had a problem with UEFI stick because I can't boot UEFI stick through BIOS firmware. First I had to install Clover EFI boot manager on my Mavericks HD SSD drive (EFI filesystem). Also, I made data backups first.

I was now able boot UEFI stick (OS X Mavericks Install) through Clover EFI boot manager. i successfully booted vanilla OS X Mavericks Install into system. I erased Mavericks HD partition and created new one. Then I started OS X Install procedure. It took a few minutes to complete (create Recovery HD partition first). Then system automatically rebooted.

I booted it through Clover again and it automatically install rest of OS X Mavericks Install (create Mavericks HD partition). It took more than 10 minutes to complete. When it displayed successful installation, I press to restart system.

Now Clover EFI boot manager now displayed new two icons - Mavericks HD and Recovery HD. I selected 'Mavericks HD' and successfully booted it into system. I re-installed Clover EFI with install scripts and UEFI booting mode. I checked EFI filesystem and they looks so good. Then I rebooted system and successfully booted it into system as final step.

Update: There is a bug in BIOS F2 version cause UEFI boot detection failure through USB ports. Please update to F4 version first before attempt to boot Clover boot manager on USB flash drive. I updated to F4 version and BIOS is now able see UEFI boot on USB flash drives.

Everything worked so well.

Sword7

Clover is working so well on my system

Hardware:

Gigabyte B75M-D3H, Rev 1.2, BIOS F15
Intel i5 3570k
Gigabyte GeForce GT640
4GB x2
Team Xtreme S3 120GB SSD

Installation:

OSX 10.9.2
Clover r2636, (Legacy Mode) and (Custom Install: UEFI-Capable Systems) settings is used
Standard Config.plist is used
View attachment config.plist-Standard.zip

Thanks for Tony's guide, it is so useful

Is it also possible to replace my chimera bootloader with clover (and enable uefi booting) without reinstalling everything? Clover was able to uefi boot fine when I put it on an usb stick to get ilife to update.

Back