Contribute
Register

How to Install OS X Mavericks using Clover

Hello..nice guide,btw...it works for me,just...sleep don't work and i can't restart,don't want to boot,need to shut down hack first...after new start it boot again..any help for this?

Hello tony can make a guide for those who have installed Chimera and want to switch to clover, because it still is not very clear. thanks

• :beachball:

After installing the Cloverbootloader, I'm unable to boot any of my Windows 8.1 partitions. :banghead:
The only way I can get around that is to hit F12 and then boot the drive that Windows 8.1 is stored on. (I use two separate hard drives; one for Mac OSX Mavericks and the other for Windows 8.1)

Any help would be greatly appreciated! :)

Hi everybody :D

It took some doing but I was able to switch my dual boot (Mavericks and Windows 7) to UEFI and Clover. It did take me a little time to figure out the basics, but after a few weeks of tinkering, I think I've got it now. My system works great (Gigabyte Q77M-D2H, i7) in full UEFI mode. Everything is fully functioning: iMessages, Recovery HD, FileVault, and FindMyMac, faster startup, etc.

Still working on tweaking things and getting speed step working better (if anyone knows of a good beginners guide to SSDTs / DSDTs for this type of system that would be awesome). And I don't fully know what all of the config.plist options mean. Actually, converting my windows install to UEFI/GPT was much more difficult than installing Mavericks.

Thanks tonymac for your help and straightforward guide. Some of the Clover documentation is hard to follow or seemingly missing altogether.

Let's start immediately with an issue.

The picture:
Error.jpg
During USB disk erasing I got an error -9999, 0

I reformatted the USB disk under Windows XP (VMWare Fusion) but when I did a second attempt, I got the same error.
I'm stuck.

Thanks for any help---

FYI, Install Mavericks.app is inside Applications folder... Nothing was changed since October 27, 2013 i.e. when I downloaded it.

EDIT: the only USB stick formatting I did successfully is http://www.tonymacx86.com/374-unibe...orted-intel-based-pc/comments44.html#comments

Now I have a USB Mavericks Installer ready.

But what if I wanted to install Mavericks with Clover? :banghead:

Hi guys! I did the whole procedure and installed mavericks, which works perfectly.

The only problem is, after rebooting in the bootcamp screen it doesn't show my windows 8.1 UEFI partition, It only shows the Mavericks partition and my third "storage" disk partition.

Any ideas? I installed both OS using EFI settings...

This worked brilliantly with my Haswell setup (listed as Flonne below) and I can dual-boot Windows 8.1. I referenced another thread on getting the HD4600 stuff working, as it just showed as Intel HD Graphics 7MB at first. Once I did the stuff referenced in that thread (mostly injecting the Intel PCI vendor/device IDs I'm sure) it took right off.

Ilcampe, are you using one hard drive for both OSes? I used separate physical disks for Windows 8.1 and OS X, going so far as unplugging the one I wasn't installing to. So unfortunately I don't know the answer to your question if you used one disk.

I have tried the whole procedure I got my hands on mavericks but the problem is that I am not able to use internet .... Previously I was not able to enable audio but afterwards I put hdaenabler and applehda kext in the kexts/10.9 folder but now all I'm stuck is on the internet ...any help

Back