Contribute
Register

How to Install OS X Mavericks using Clover

Thank you for such a detailed guide! For some reason I cannot get my build to even boot the installer using Clover though.

I've typed up the verbose output, it can be found here: http://privatepaste.com/1439dce294

I have a Z97 motherboard with a 4770k CPU.

I have tried both the Standard and GraphicsEnabler (nVidia) config attachments, but both yield the same output.

The first things that come to mind are the "name" not a kext, "FailedCLUT" not a kext, as well as the "AppleUSBEHCI:UIMInitialize - Error Occured" lines, but I have googled a few solutions to no avail.

I have also tried all variations of -x, -v, -f, GraphicsEnabled, etc, they all produce the same verbose output.

Any ideas? Thanks!

P.S. I can get the installer to boot using UniBeast/MultiBeast but it doesn't work well and I cannot use ethernet or bluetooth with those methods. I have a UEFI motherboard.

I just got that error with clover as well, I remedied it by extracting the ionetworkingfamily.kext from multibeast 6.4.2 and replaced it with the intele1000e or whatever it is called. Just delete it so it doesn't try to load it.

ionetworkingfamily.kext has all of the networking drivers in one kext. It seems to find it just fine on boot.

Now that I get past that error, I now get a blank screen about the time the installer should start. I have to figure out how to get the video working now. I removed the, "-v dart=0" and put in, "npci=0c2000" like my other installs always said was needed for nvidia (I have the 650 Ti).

I just got that error with clover as well, I remedied it by extracting the ionetworkingfamily.kext from multibeast 6.4.2 and replaced it with the intele1000e or whatever it is called. Just delete it so it doesn't try to load it.

ionetworkingfamily.kext has all of the networking drivers in one kext. It seems to find it just fine on boot.

Now that I get past that error, I now get a blank screen about the time the installer should start. I have to figure out how to get the video working now. I removed the, "-v dart=0" and put in, "npci=0c2000" like my other installs always said was needed for nvidia (I have the 650 Ti).

Have you tried nv_disable=1? I have a 780 Ti and that worked OOTB for me.

Have you tried nv_disable=1? I have a 780 Ti and that worked OOTB for me.

You're a genius!!

Got me to the install menu.

Thanks
-=Mark=-

I was wrong. Using 0x0d230003 gives me the same results that using 0D230003. However, I can't get my gpu working using hd4600 desktop config.plist. I get results only using default config.plist. Am I losing performance by using default config.plist?

Well... I'm working using a B85M-HDS (not series 9) motherboard, and the default config.plist... It works without changing anything, is just that I don't know why it works with the default config.plist, but it doesn't work with the specific hd4600 config.plist...

Well... I'm working using a B85M-HDS (not series 9) motherboard, and the default config.plist... It works without changing anything, is just that I don't know why it works with the default config.plist, but it doesn't work with the specific hd4600 config.plist...

It's probably multiple reasons, but mainly I think it's probably a combination of things.

1) you're using an Asrock motherboard. I think Gigabyte has the monopoly on these guides. I know others are tested, but I assume Gigabyte works bestl with Apple. Plus Asrock (which is made by Asus) tend to use different chips, as well as, all motherboard manufacturers.

2) This is the most likely for you, this guide is 6-months old and the latest 10.9.4 is only a few months old and is breaking/changing HD 4600 compatibility somehow.

3) If you mean default config.plist, then I take it you mean the one clover made? If so, Clover has also changed significantly and have added better compatibility which may alter the way the config.plist operate.

Did you open them side-by-side and compare your plists? They probably are significantly different. I think mostly from 10.9.4. I know I had a heck of a time installing 10.9.4. I couldn't reuse my previous plist like I've done in the past updates.

So I guess the main reason is from change. Change in OS X, Clover, and MultiBeast/UniBeast.

So I finally managed to get the system to recognize the integrated graphics.

intel-hd-4600-1024mb-vram.png
I had to:

a) Use the default config.plist instead of the specific one for the HD4600.
b) Use an HDMI cable for my monitor. Using the VGA got me a black screen.

I will however report that I still get bad screen flickering on native apps like launchpad, or horrible jitters on simple games like Chess. It also still crashes when using any Chrome Extension, or when Showing Desktop.

Intel i5 4570
HD 4600
Intel DH87RL

help me!

Attachments

• 20140906_094640.jpg
    20140906_094640.jpg
    518 KB · Views: 108
  • 20140906_094701.jpg
    20140906_094701.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 130
Welp I've managed to install everything fairly easily and everything seems to be solid except my Sandy Bridge processor isn't running at the max speed like it does with the SSDT I have for Chimera. How can I adjust my CPU to use the faster clock speed?

Back