Contribute
Register

How to install graphic drivers from Mavericks to Catalina (eye strain issues resolution)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Apple MacBook Pro 13 A1502 820-3476-A
CPU
Core i5-4258U
Graphics
HD 5000
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Me (and many other people) experience eye-ache from new Macbooks (and windows machines). After two years of trial-and-error I found that installing macOS Mavericks on my MacBook (pro 13 late 2013, Intel Iris 1536 MB) resolves the issue of eye ache completely.

One cannot stay at Mavericks because of software support/ security issues, so the only thing is an issue now:

How can I take drivers from Mavericks and install them on Catalina? (I tried replacing .kext in /System/Library/Extensions with old files but it didn't work).

It would be so great if possible!

Thank you

Me (and many other people) experience eye-ache from new Macbooks (and windows machines). After two years of trial-and-error I found that installing macOS Mavericks on my MacBook (pro 13 late 2013, Intel Iris 1536 MB) resolves the issue of eye ache completely.

One cannot stay at Mavericks because of software support/ security issues, so the only thing is an issue now:

How can I take drivers from Mavericks and install them on Catalina? (I tried replacing .kext in /System/Library/Extensions with old files but it didn't work).

It would be so great if possible!

Thank you

Please update your hardware configuration in your Personal Details as required by the forum rules.

It will be difficult for others to offer help lacking this information.

My guess is, to make this even possible theoretically (not to say practically), the graphics hardware in your current system has to be compatible with Mavericks.

Please update your hardware configuration in your Personal Details as required by the forum rules.

It will be difficult for others to offer help lacking this information.

My guess is, to make this even possible theoretically (not to say practically), the graphics hardware in your current system has to be compatible with Mavericks.

Thank you for a responce, Jamesbond007! I have updated my details accordingly.

Yes, my hardware is from 2013 (I specifically bought it now, as I researched it to be the least for eye-ache problems). But, as I say, new software implements something that causes the problems (supposedly a new, more harsh dithering algorithm).

That is why, if it is possible to use driver from Mavericks on a new system (Catalina), would solve our issue.

Thank you!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back