Contribute
Register

How to install a Network Kext using Multibeast. Help Needed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
GA
CPU
i7
Graphics
currently nothing
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hey guys/gals,

I'm getting closer to getting my system up and running. The usual 2 suspects are not working at the moment. I may start from scratch for err... fun. lol.

I have 10.6.4 Snowy in right now, the Dual Monitors are going with nVenabled I believe. Audio and Network are not working at the moment, but have been at one stage in my install, lol.

What is the usual workflow for installing a Network Kext using Multibeast? Check Advanced Options>Kexts>Network>RealtekR1000SL It will then report Upgrade, then continue>Install>enter confirmation installation password>Restart?

System Profiler reports
Kext Name: Realtek R1000SL.kext
Version: 2.0.0d1

klutzo said:
Hey guys/gals,

I'm getting closer to getting my system up and running. The usual 2 suspects are not working at the moment. I may start from scratch for err... fun. lol.

I have 10.6.4 Snowy in right now, the Dual Monitors are going with nVenabled I believe. Audio and Network are not working at the moment, but have been at one stage in my install, lol.

What is the usual workflow for installing a Network Kext using Multibeast? Check Advanced Options>Kexts>Network>RealtekR1000SL It will then report Upgrade, then continue>Install>enter confirmation installation password>Restart?

System Profiler reports
Kext Name: Realtek R1000SL.kext
Version: 2.0.0d1
You got it.

Hey.....

First off........Congrats on your freshleeeey installed "Snowy" :headbang:

Yes.....you are correct on the install of .kext ;)

Keep us updated on your progress

Regards HT

*SIGH* no dice on using that workflow for some reason. I may have messed it up at one stage in the install.

Do I need to click in Multibeast System Utilities>Rebuild Caches, and or Repair Permissions at any time, or is that optional?

Any recommendations on how to manually.. uninstall a kext and then try again? I could do a full reinstall, but not my preferred method. hah.

klutzo said:
*SIGH* no dice on using that workflow for some reason. I may have messed it up at one stage in the install.

Do I need to click in Multibeast System Utilities>Rebuild Caches, and or Repair Permissions at any time, or is that optional?

Any recommendations on how to manually.. uninstall a kext and then try again? I could do a full reinstall, but not my preferred method. hah.
After you install any kext in /Extra/Extensions you need to rebuild cache. Sorry I missed that before.

So that would be then..

Multibeast
>System Utilities>Rebuild Caches

How about Repair permissions? Is that optional as well?

Also, how would you actually UNINSTALL a kext?

klutzo said:
So that would be then..

Multibeast
>System Utilities>Rebuild Caches

How about Repair permissions? Is that optional as well?

Also, how would you actually UNINSTALL a kext?
You can rebuild caches at the same time you are install the kext. Repair permissions is optional but recommended when install kexts.

To uninstall, drag the kext to the trash and then run Multibeast ->System Utilities ->Rebuild Caches

K. It wasn't working so I just started again. nVenabler in, Network good, next sound, and sleep I suppose?

The second time around it was much much quicker. errr.. when I say 2nd, I mean 13th or 14th. lol. :banghead:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back