Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Z97X-UD3H
CPU
i7-4970K
Graphics
GTX 960 SuperSC ACX 2.0+
Nit picky question, but I want the clover boot screen to show only 2 options: to boot into Mac or Windows 10. I want to get rid of the option: Boot Windows from EFI. When I am in Clover Configurator and I type "EFI" into the drives to hide in the "Hide" section, EVERYTHING becomes hidden when I get to the Clover Configurator Screen.

Additionally, am I able to change the text on the boot screen to say, just "Mac" and "Windows"

The EFI version 2 shell provides a command called bcfg that can do the job.
You'd need to do bcfg boot dump -b to see the entries, then bcfg boot rm # to delete entry number # -- # must be the number associated with whatever entry you want to remove.

In clover configurator you can hide the drives.
Identify the drive ID's that you want to hide by booting into clover, toggle to select the drive you want to hide (don't hit enter - use arrow keys) press the space bar and you will see the drive info and the ID (EG: TYGS8-JD4HY-VJW92... ) make a note and then boot back into Mac OS, in clover configurator and mount your efi / open config, in clover select GUI tab on left and enter the ID's in the Hide Volume section, save and you're done!

You can also name the drives for your Clover boot screen like this (you need to identify the drive first as per above link)

Screen Shot 2016-05-29 at 18.40.04.png

I can't seem to get rid of "Boot Windows from EFI" either.

I have macOS which is fine, then Windows 10, then "Boot Windows from EFI"

Pretty much tried everything.

Even removed the extra Boot folder from the Windows EFI partition.

Attachments

• A768562D-24A7-4598-B03E-C3974EB9B1E0.jpeg
    A768562D-24A7-4598-B03E-C3974EB9B1E0.jpeg
    5.6 MB · Views: 492
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back