Contribute
Register

how to get usb 3.0 working on GA-Z68MX-UD2H-B3???

Status
Not open for further replies.
I also updated to UEFI U1e BIOS because I could not get everything to work on the above mentioned build, and then the old above posted fix lost its effect for me either. I can tell you this: In terms of USB, it was essential for me to downgrade to SMBIOS 3.1 (chose MacPro 3.1 in Multibeast). After that, all my USB problems were gone. A few UEFI bios settings are also crucial. I suggest you just copy mine. Find my full documentation here - all ports open.

I have all usb2 working with imac 12.2 in smbios. Usb3 also work with GenericUSBXHCI.kext. The only problem is that after boot, first time I use an usb3 port, i have to plug, unplug and then plug again to make it work. If I boot with something plugged on usb3 there is no need to do that.

I know the plug-unplug-plug problem buttadeus. Got rid of it by fumbling with BIOS resp. UEFI. Check my settings here. I also encountered wrecked USB capability in combination with SMBIOS MacPro 6.1 on my hack, might have had something to do with power management... thus I am told that some iMac SMBIOSes are easier for the costum systems. Maybe try SMBIOS iMac 12,2 (OSX 10.12 Sierra compatible), aside from MacPro 3.1 it is the most compatible with my hardware (from my experience).

I saw your link but I have no idea which of those settings helped with plug-unplug-plug issue.

If you have PXHCD.kext installed and USB not working properly, delete PXHCD.kext and reboot.

thank you SO MUCH! this was (nearly) the solution for me.

Last edited:
Hi guys,
my final solution for the GA-Z68X-UD3H-B3 and the onboard Eltron EJ168A USB 3.0 problem:

Make sure you DO NOT have these kexts in your boot volumes Library/Extensions folder:
- FakePCIID_XHCIMux.kext
- FakePCIID.kext
- GenericUSBXHCI.kext
If necessary, drag them to the trash by hand and delete and reboot.
(This also means NOT to install 3rd_Party_USB and 7/8/9 Support with Multibeast if it is your initial install.)

If you have PXHCD.kext installed and USB not working properly, delete PXHCD.kext and reboot.

If necessary, apply the following Clover Configurator ACPI settings:
http://www.tonymacx86.com/attachments/clover-acpi-config-jpg.195497/
taken from this helpful thread: http://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/another-pci-configuration-begin-issue.177984/

I suffered a great deal for this, so I really hope it helps many of you... :D

mate, you are a legend! thank you so much - this was the only thing missing from my hack,
on Asrock Extreme 4 z68 chipset - 3770s cpu.

After some time doing very well with my HackPro I am now running into trouble with my USB setup again. Audio is doing OK but showing erratic driver behavior on some external USB devices (iMic). I think my audio can’t be right as I have realtekALC.kext AND voodooHDA.kext installed... even though it is working quite well as is. Also, XHC / USB3 is behaving very erraticly with external devices (USB sticks, external HDD) if formatted NTFS or FAT (only mounts on EHC, HDD keeps getting recognised by IOreg and disconnected right after, in a endless loop until I disconnect the device - sometime even KP crash).

I am attaching Ioreg and L/E.

I am referring to my haus_k signature build HackPro here, NOT MY DELL LAPTOP. Please advise if I need change my profile accordingly ... thanks.

UPDATE: I have solved all audio issues by deleting all VoodooHDA files from my system (now only using Realtek ALC889 codec as needed for GA-Z68MX-UD2H-B3) and then applying THIS ready-made SSDT solution by Toleda. Just download, install, all audio ports open, no more erratic behavior whatsoever ;)

Attachments

• KlaussHackPro.ioreg.zip
    2.9 MB · Views: 102
  • Extensions.zip
    2.1 MB · Views: 120
Last edited:
OK I found another USB solution that seems to work even better for me.

I now have an external USB3.0 drive which is AS media ASMT1051. With my haus_k signature build’s USB set up as described in my previous posts in this thread, this ASmedia device really messes with my system and makes it crash a lot, and it never gets mounted. RehabMan says HERE it is unsupported and should not be used. But I found something so bear with me:

I had my two ELTRON EJ168A USB 3.0 onboard devices (I recon all GA-Z68MX-UD2H-B3 have them) working quite well. Or let’s say: working okay. They showed up as USB 3.0 bus in System Information and also got registered ok in IOReg. But they acted erraticly. Sometimes I had to do the plug-unplug-replug issue to get my USB3.0 media mounted, other times the devices would not mount anything at all. I kept having the impression they were running sub-par. So I did some research and found THIS THREAD where I downloaded the two following kexts (which I attach to this post):
- CalDigitFastIO.kext
- CalDigitUSBxHCI.kext

I installed them with Kext Beast (to S/L/E which is actually invisible in my system - funny) and rebooted. Now my USB3.0 busses were gone from System Information and also, there were no more XHC registries or whatever resembled USB3.0 registration in IOReg. But when I now plug a USB3.0 device in my Eltrons, even my unsopported ASmedia device, they all show up on the desktop easily, smoothly and fast. And they even have better values in Blackmagic Speed Disc. So yeah, I would totally recommend using them if they work for you.

Attachments

• usb3_ml.zip
    205.6 KB · Views: 141
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back