Contribute
Register

how to get usb 3.0 working on GA-Z68MX-UD2H-B3???

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have the GA-Z68X-UD3H-B3 board, with the same Etron USB3 controllers, and now the USB 3 ports seem to work natively on El Capitan (no need for kext or patches). Connecting a hub to them doesn't seem to work though, I have to do more testing. I use clover and the UEFI U1L bios.

Seems everyone needs to do some bios upgrading to UEFI then! Thanks for the info!

Seems everyone needs to do some bios upgrading to UEFI then! Thanks for the info!

so what would be the best way to do that?
-> create a new unibeast usb stick with uefi setting and 10.11.1?
-> update bios
-> update 10.11 to 10.11.1 with unibeast
-> do all the post processing

would that be a good choice?

My board is the Z68XP -UD3 and it also has a Bios to UEFI upgrade... Can I just wing it?? will 10.11.1 still work?

hm. i am curious how to get clover worked becaus method changed. do i have do uninstall clover first? and if yes. how?

I've had nothing but headaches with Etron chipset on this model motherboard. Go check my post history asking about stress testing suggestions for USB3 devices.

Basically if I could get it to work with Chimera, it would randomly lose the connection to the device. I don't know if the problem persisted when I moved to Clover as of 10.10, but I had long since given up on it by then, and just grabbed some USB3 cards on Amazon when I was still using Chimera.

The results are varied - strangely only one port of 2 port USB3 card works. Might have something to do with power or it could be defective. Who knows, I don't have time to tinker. I haven't moved to 10.11 yet, because USB3 in general seems to be an issue with Apple's new drivers, and this is my primary work machine.

I'm also on the GA-Z68X-UD3H-B3 board with UEFI bios and both USB2 and USB3 show up, including the devices I connect to them (disks, mouse, keyb). Only thing is that these devices do not work, so no access to disk or no working keyboard on USB3 ports. On USB2 all works just fine.

I'm also on the GA-Z68X-UD3H-B3 board with UEFI bios and both USB2 and USB3 show up, including the devices I connect to them (disks, mouse, keyb). Only thing is that these devices do not work, so no access to disk or no working keyboard on USB3 ports. On USB2 all works just fine.

I have the same board, and for me the USB3 ports mostly work, at least for USB3 devices (10.11.1, Clover, MacPro3,1 SMBIOS). I tested an USB3 stick and and USB3 external hard disk and both mount and transfer at USB3 speeds. I have another USB3 stick that would mount but unmount if I tried to transfer things to/from it. Connecting the USB3 hub of my monitor doesn't work. I also had one USB2 devices which disconnected once after a while (FiiO E10).

To make things clearer, what are your:
- BIOS parameters for the USB ports (I think I have everything to Auto, will check tonight)
- DSDT edits / clover patches (I have none)
- SMBIOS
?

Hi Pieroman69,

• I use UEFI bios, settings unchanged from Mavericks (USB3 was working fine there).
  • I use Macbook SMBIOS because I spoof settings from my (real) Macbook to avoid AppStore and iMessage issues (works fine).
  • Only use DSST for C- and P states, no DSDT.aml or patches in Clover.

So, looks like the SMBIOS may be the culprit, I will try with a MacPro3.1 this weekend. Thanks for helping out !

got usb 3.0 working.
updated to UEFI and use nullcpumanagement kext for booting because i don't know enought to get p and c states to work with clover :( created ssdt.aml with a guide but still freezes on booting, so i gues i don't know enough how this works.

usb3 is working now. i got just 68mb/s with my external in a test. but maybe this is because there is not much space left.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back