i7-4770K
Graphics
GTX 770
Mac
  1. Mac mini
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hello Guys,

recently I had some issues with USB system freezes and the forum members recommended to install Clover and use it instead of Chameleon. I hope that I will be able to fix the issues and also get iMessage working. Unfortunately I don't know how to get started and afraid to break something. And how can I install Clover if I already have Chameleon installed?

Maybe you will need my system specs:

OS X 10.10.3:

• Gigabyte Z87X-UD4H
  • i7-4770K
  • GTX 770 Gigabyte
  • 240GB HyperX SSD
  • WD Blue 1TB

Win 7 (dual boot):

• 120GB Crucial SSD

id recommend doing UEFI Booting with Clover. Follow this guide 10.10 Clover Guide its trial and error so id recommend trying it on a test drive.

Why would you do a clean install? Did you read GB's link? First sentence: "Creating a Clover USB allows experimentation with Clover bootloader on a working system without modifying anything. Boot from the resulting USB and choose your system drive to see how Clover works for your rig."

I did, but I wanted to make sure that I indeed have to do a clean install after creating the USB drive.

So you read it but you didn't understand it.

for the third time:

Creating a Clover USB allows experimentation with Clover bootloader on a working system without modifying anything.

But if I create a Clover USB drive for experimentation as described in Going Bald's link, I still have to install it on my main OS X drive, right? The USB drive is only meant to be a testing device to try out the different drivers and kexts and so on? Once I find everything and know what to do I will probably have to select the same stuff for the main drive. Also I heard from somewhere that a clean install of OS X is necessary in order to get iMessage working.

Sorry guys, that I appear to you like such a noob, but I have to ask these Questions to learn. :)

If you create your Clover Pen Drive you don't have to do a clean install you can use it just incase when install Clover on your working drive and it goes wrong you have the Clover Pen drive to back you up! And for iMessage providing you have set up Clover correctly you then iMessage will work. if you install Clover on your working drive and follow iMessage debug your iMessage will work with no issues.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back