Contribute
Register

How to get sound GA-Z77X-UP5 TH Yosemite.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Imac 2010, Building G5 Mod from ga-z77-up5 th motherboard.
CPU
3770k i7
Graphics
EVGA 680 GTX 2gb
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hi I first post here..

I don't know if any of you like me couldn't get sound. But if you goto sound settings and choose Internal Speakers, in the output box and play with the volume settings it should work.

Hope that helps somebody out.

I have the same problem with the sound and network card

Hi I first post here..

I don't know if any of you like me couldn't get sound. But if you goto sound settings and choose Internal Speakers, in the output box and play with the volume settings it should work.

Hi, not to thread jack but since you already got Yosemite installed and booted without USB on same motherboard I have. I want to ask you what boot loader did you use? I'm using this guide:

http://www.tonymacx86.com/445-unibea....html#comments

And during the Multibeast I only installed bootloader chameleon 4.0 and I can boot without USB however I ran into kext-dev-mode=1 and it hung. I wonder if you have installed any other kexts if so which ones you use? Out of the box this motherboard support pretty well but I just can't seem to boot up without the USB. Thanks

Hiya I'm horribly dyslexic so writing down guides is not my forte. I copied the unibeast to my USB and installed it that way. A lot of the times the unibeast USB seemed corrupt or it would crash but I kept trying as I noticed sometimes it would work. I believe this might be an issue when installing from USB because my real MacBook Pro had issues installing genuine Yosemite from USB too from clean install.

I'm sorry I can't help more.. But like me just keep trying.
The USB port that I plugged into also seemed important. Use one at the back of the machine.

Hi guys, I have this same Issue with sound on Maverics and Yosemite, after installation was ok till first restart or sleep, but Install just the audio driver from Multibeast 6.1.0 helped.
Working fine so far.

Hi I first post here..

Can confirm this works

I would also like to recommend anybody having the nasty crackling sound after sleep or no sound after sleep downloading antipope.

http://www.tomsick.net/projects/antipop.html

works wonders for me..

One issue I do have my old usb3 ports at the front of the machine no longer work in yosemite but worked in mavericks.. anybody got a solution?

Thank you so much :thumbup::thumbup:

I WANT TO REITERATE SOMETHING THAT MAY NOT BE CLEAR.

I have a GA-Z77Z-UP5 TH and after a Clover installation had no sound.

My simple solution was downloading Multibeast 6.1.0 and install the "without DSDT" 898 driver. After reboot just go into sound settings and choose the built in sound.

Greetings. For sound on this board:

Multibeast 7
Realtek ALC892
Optional HDAEnable Audio ID: 1
Reboot.

Within system preferences > sound, Your green port should be labeled as internal speakers and if you have an additional case port that will be labeled as headphone port. Both worked for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back