CPU
i5-8400
Graphics
RX 560
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi, tried upgrading to High Sierra on my other system as well, but it gets stuck .... I can still boot in to 10.12 though, so I think I will stick to 10:12. However every time I boot the macOS Install High Sierra option is still in Clover boot.

Can anyone tell me how to get rid of that?

Hi, tried upgrading to High Sierra on my other system as well, but it gets stuck .... I can still boot in to 10.12 though, so I think I will stick to 10:12. However every time I boot the macOS Install High Sierra option is still in Clover boot.

Can anyone tell me how to get rid of that?

Remove /macOS Install Data:
Code:
sudo rm -rf "/macOS Install Data"

I have a similar problem. I managed to install 10.13 to the point after the 3rd reboot during the installation, but in the last third of the progress bar, nothing happend anymore. When I booted with -v, this was the last I saw:

High Sierra installation progress.jpg

When I booted from the normal system partition, to my surprise 10.13 was already installed, and everything works just fine. However, the Preboot partition still exists:

Preboot.png

Before entering the Clover boot screen, this text veeery shortly to see (had to film it with 60 fps on a GoPro):

Preboot2.jpg

So, how can I get rid of that?

However, the Preboot partition still exists:

It is expected.
You can hide it by adding "Preboot" to config.plist/GUI/Hide.

Before entering the Clover boot screen, this text veeery shortly to see (had to film it with 60 fps on a GoPro):

View attachment 281921

So, how can I get rid of that?

It is logs from apfs.efi. You could install on HFS+J so you don't need it.

Thx for the reply RehabMan. This is a cosmetic trick, but is there a clean solution to close/unmount the preboot partition? I tried:

$ diskutil unmountDisk /dev/disk1
Unmount of disk1 failed: at least one volume could not be unmounted

If I boot from the preboot partition, I just end up on the system but the partition won't disappear.

Thx for the reply RehabMan. This is a cosmetic trick, but is there a clean solution to close/unmount the preboot partition? I tried:

$ diskutil unmountDisk /dev/disk1
Unmount of disk1 failed: at least one volume could not be unmounted

If I boot from the preboot partition, I just end up on the system but the partition won't disappear.

On my system, Preboot is not being auto-mounted.
And keep in mind on a single disk system with APFS, /dev/disk1 is the virtual disk that is the APFS container that has your system partition. You should not expect to unmount all the partitions on that disk.

Yeah, sry, my Preboot partition is also not mounted, it is just "there". I never saw that in 10.12 was a synthesized disk. All the partitions were on disk0. disk0s1 was (and still is) EFI, disk0s2 was the Recovery, disk0s3 was the system.

So you say that the virtual disk thing is not a bug, its a feature? So everything is fine?

Hello!
I've done everything for a week now but I can not upgrade to high sierra.
my latitude e6220 reboot normally but when clover comes i don't have the option " install mac osx high sierra"
just to boot to sierra and recover!
Please someone help me?
I can upload the config.plist if it is necessary or what else...
ThanK you

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back