2x r9 280x
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi

I dont have app store so it is a bit hard for me to find a way to get lion.

Some questions:
1) Lion is still avaible to download from app store?
2) any way to get lion usb?

3) whatsavaible way to get lion? (i saw snow leopard on amazon, so it is still a way to go with SL, then upgrade to Lion?)

Any advice? (saw some lion usb on ebay for 300$ :) )

No, you can only go from Snow Leopard to Mt. Lion. Apple did this on purpose (long story). Lion is no longer available for purchase from Apple. (You might be able to find a Lion USB stick at a retailer selling Mac products if they still have any.) So, I recommend getting Snow Leopard from eBay (those sellers on Amazon are a rip off).

Or find a friend, school, library, college/university or work place with a Macintosh running 10.6.6 or later. Then, using that computer, create an account on the Macintosh Application Store (MAS) and buy/download Mt. Lion. Be advised that downloading from Apples servers takes 1-2 hours.

A third option is to go to an Apple Store to download Mt. Lion onto a USB thumb drive. Tell the Apple Store person that you have a slow Internet line with download limits. (Make sure you know what slow speeds are and some ISP limits so you can speak w/o stumbling around as the Apple Store people are briefed on this issue.) They might even help you get it. :thumbup:

Thnx Stork, strange - for example what if i got apps or hardware that are not 100% compatible with ML (for example audio interface with no driver update).

Will try to get this Lion, maybe i will find it somewhere in Poland.

Ps. ive heard a rumor that you can still buy Lion by phone to Apple.

PS2. I got it by Phone :) so i am almost software ready for build (need mac to make bootable pendrive) :)

I too was unable to get Lion via tangible means, so I downloaded Mac Virtual machine and bough ML from within the VM. Futhermore I even built my installation usb boot stick from within that VM.

Hope that helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back