CPU
i3-3110M/C216
Graphics
HD 4000. 1366x768
Mac
  1. Mac mini
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
On my Mac mini I'm running High Sierra. On my HP Workbook Pro 4540s I want to install Mavericks, since the i3 cpu on the 4540s apparently does not include SSE4.1 instructions, and so will not run anything higher, at least certainly not 10.11 and up.

So off I go to get a copy of Mavericks from the App Store, but all I get is books and tutorials on Mavericks. I've read somewhere about using the Alt key at some stage of using the App Store, but I have tried it when starting the program, and when I have entered the search text OS X Mavericks, and in neither case do I get a program.

So how do I get a copy of Mavericks from the App Store?

Some ten minutes later, a sudden thought. I found my original d/l of Mavericks in the App Store list, but it says Install on the button, and the last thing I want to do is install Mavericks on a machine running High Sierra. But does Install in this case mean installing the Mavericks program on my machine under /Applications, or does it mean install an operating system on my computer?

Last edited:
Next day - still doesn't work. I klicked on Install and was told that Mavericks was too old for the computer I am using. So how do I get hold of Mavericks?

Next day - still doesn't work. I klicked on Install and was told that Mavericks was too old for the computer I am using. So how do I get hold of Mavericks?
you may have to change your SMBIOS to something older, reboot and then click on Mavericks, it will then download the application to your Applications folder, then you can close the window that will appear and then create your installer

Thanks, Feartech, but I don't think I'm up for that. I'll stick with Yosemite, which Apple allows me to download.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back