CPU
i3
Graphics
GTX 670
Mac
  1. Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
I have no graphic kexts installed apart from tony's nvidia drivers(dsdt free). I have full QE/CI when connected via vga or dvi. But i dont get any signal(video nor audio) from HDMI. the screen lasts until the apple boot screen and after that no signal when connected via hdmi. when i try to switch(without rebooting) from hdmi to vga or dvi, i get the screen with variable resolution support but no QE/CI. Again after reboot connected via VGA or DVI, QE/CI are back to normal. Is this issue with the nvdia driver or with the bootloader? i'm using chimera 1.4.1

Note: I got 1080p by default at first time when connected via DVI. While booting the apple logo screen(even the motherboard splash image at power on) is inside black bars surrounding the screen(like in a rectanglular box with res 1920x1080 including the box) and fine full screen after apple boot screen.
I got 1280x800 by default at first time connected via VGA(D-sub). Here the apple booting screen (even the motherboard splash image with res 1280x800) is full screen without bars. Whereas when connected via hdmi, the results are same as dvi till the apple boot screen and after that no signal.

I get video outputs from all the three terminals including HDMI(not at once) with 64bitGraphic Enabler=No but the card is recognized as generic(1024x768limited) 32mb vram and the screen is inside bars. I'm posting my question with all the test results and see if i can get the right answer. Any suggestions would be of great help!

Re: How to get HDMI support?

i may be wrong, but apple doesn't support hdmi directly, they use displayports and an adapter to hdmi that can carry audio ever since the addition of thunderbolt

but here in the forum, people have their outputs via HDMI. We're talking about osx on pc not on real mac hardware

isn't my post supposed to be in graphics section?:? i haven't stressed any audio problem here. moderators, please move it back to graphics section

ninditsu said:
i may be wrong, but apple doesn't support hdmi directly, they use displayports and an adapter to hdmi that can carry audio ever since the addition of thunderbolt
you are right but it applies for Macintosh hardware. are there any tweaks to get signal from hdmi? i guess this is related with the drivers

they say that chameleon doesn't detect the ports properly if ge=yes. if i run ge=no, i get the screen but card doesn't get detected in profiler and no variable resolutions. just a generic video adapter

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back