Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
[RESOLVED] How to get GTX 650 Ti's GPU acceleration work for After Effect CS6

Hello guys, good news today for people who use GTX 650 Ti on a OSX 10.8.3 like me !
Since the new release of the Nvidea Graphic Driver for OSX 10.8.3, the GTX 650Ti can be recognized correctly by the system, so that means you can work around and enable your Mercury acceleration in CS6 products!!! This has worked perfectly for me, very cool.
Just want you guy to know about this, thanks a lot for your help, good luck.

:D

Below is the original question:
Hi, I'm using my 650Ti since the 10.8.3 released, everything works well except this graphic card shows as NVIDIA GeForce Pre-Release D14P2-30 OpenGL Engine, I am still searching a way to make it work with Adobe After Effect CS6's GPU acceleration, because the way to change the GPU support list is not working for me.
The latest CUDA is installed on my build, but in AE the message is as below:

Fast Draft: Available
Texture Memory: 409.00 MB
Ray-tracing: CPU
(GPU not available - incompatible device or CUDA driver)
OpenGL
Vendor: NVIDIA Corporation
Device: NVIDIA GeForce Pre-Release D14P2-30 OpenGL Engine
Version: 2.1 NVIDIA-8.10.44 304.10.65f03
Total Memory: 1.00 GB
Shader Model: -
CUDA
Driver Version: -
Devices: -
Current Usable Memory: -
Maximum Usable Memory: -

Is there anyone using 650Ti on OSX 10.8.3 and managed to make the card work for CS6? Could you please share your successful experiences.
Thanks a lot.:thumbup:

Hi, thank you for your reply, seen that article before, I know that the editing Gpu support list method worked for OSX 10.8.2, but since 10.8.3, 650Ti is recognized as NVIDIA GeForce Pre-Release D14P2-30, and unfortunately the old way isn't work any more.
Many thanks anyway.

Same problem here with GIGABYTE GTX 650 Ti Boost, recognized as NVIDIA GK 106

This works for me!

I have the Asus Geforce GTX650ti OC ...

The problem is when the card is not detected with its "commercial" name, in my case a brand new GTX 650 Ti Boost, now detected in 10.8.3 as NVIDIA GK 106; it works properly, full acceleration, but can't be added among the cuda supported cards in Premiere CS6

Hello guys, good news today for people who use GTX 650 Ti on a OSX 10.8.3 like me !
Since the new release of the Nvidea Graphic Driver for OSX 10.8.3, the GTX 650Ti can be recognized correctly by the system, so that means you can work around and enable your Mercury acceleration in CS6 products!!! This has worked perfectly for me, very cool.
Just want you guys to know about this, thanks a lot for your help, good luck.

:D

Same problem here... Premiere works fine but After Effects is like yours!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back