Contribute
Register

How to get Apple Cinema display to work-

Status
Not open for further replies.
I moved UniBeast USB up to a different port on mobo, and got the Nvidia Rom patching failed error. I then tried rebooting again with GraphicsEnabler=no and the Install Mac OSX screen came up. When I got to the Select the disk where you want to Install Mac OSX there is no disk. It's completely blank. I checked all my wiring and it's spot on. I had my hard disk plugged in the blue SATA port, so I tried the white and the grey, and still no luck.

For those who are reading this for the first time, here's my system build:
i7 2700K
Gigabyte Z68XP-UD3
EVGA Nvidia GTX 560 ti
16gig Vengeance
120gb OCZ Agility 3 SSD
650w OCZ PSU

Booting with UniBeast (purchased Lion on MacBook and created UniBeast USB stick per tonymacx86 settings)
HackintoshInstallScreen.JPG

Attachments

• HackintoshInstallScreen.JPG
    416.5 KB · Views: 102
Heather D said:
I moved UniBeast USB up to a different port on mobo, and got the Nvidia Rom patching failed error. I then tried rebooting again with GraphicsEnabler=no and the Install Mac OSX screen came up. When I got to the Select the disk where you want to Install Mac OSX there is no disk. It's completely blank. I checked all my wiring and it's spot on. I had my hard disk plugged in the blue SATA port, so I tried the white and the grey, and still no luck.

For those who are reading this for the first time, here's my system build:
i7 2700K
Gigabyte Z68XP-UD3
EVGA Nvidia GTX 560 ti
16gig Vengeance
120gb OCZ Agility 3 SSD
650w OCZ PSU

Booting with UniBeast (purchased Lion on MacBook and created UniBeast USB stick per tonymacx86 settings)
Make sure to use the First SATA ports (SATA3_0) for HDD (the dark ones; NOT blue, NOT GSATA)
Also make sure that you have set your controller to AHCI mode in BIOS.

Totally unrelated to your specific problem:
I also had waiting for boot device issue with external USB test disk, when at that error, I unplugged it from front USB, and put it on the main back ports and the boot continued...

OSX is officially installed using UniBeast and I am downloading MultiBeast now.

I'm made sure all plugs were correct, and then plugged the SATA into the white port again, and it showed up in the Disk Utility. Thank you guys for all of your help! I still have several adjustments to make, but I'm off to a good start.
Thanks again.
Heather :thumbup:

Heather D said:
OSX is officially installed using UniBeast and I am downloading MultiBeast now.

I'm made sure all plugs were correct, and then plugged the SATA into the white port again, and it showed up in the Disk Utility. Thank you guys for all of your help! I still have several adjustments to make, but I'm off to a good start.
Thanks again.
Heather :thumbup:
After you download MultiBeast, start with DSDT.aml on your desktop; and select UserDSDT.
That should make the basic stuff (except perhaps audio, opencl, lan) work.
Then that might be a good moment to clone the drive to a test-disk... and start experimenting.

Also check this

Thanks, psydafke. When you say download multibeast, do youu mean to download and install? I was going through the the multibeast settings in the instructions, but I don't have an OSx86 Software Option to check off. It's not an option. Should I install MultiBeast without this checked off?
Heather :)

Heather D said:
Thanks, psydafke. When you say download multibeast, do youu mean to download and install? I was going through the the multibeast settings in the instructions, but I don't have an OSx86 Software Option to check off. It's not an option. Should I install MultiBeast without this checked off?
Heather :)

Those options you get when you actually run it... It's an installer with scripts and packages behind, which do the magic...

Hi again!

I'm up and running, though experienced 3 random system crashes. Should I install Chimera? I'm not sure what my next step is...
Thanks so much.
H

Chimera is automatically installed by MultiBeast when you install UserDSDT.
When you don't need the USB stick anymore to boot, then Chimera is all fine :)
Also you can select the appropriate Nvidia OpenCL patch (depending the os version you are running), and the corresponding audio combination for your soundcard.
You don't need to select the non-DSDT enablers, because the DSDT's from the database have the HDEF edit already.

Ahhh, gotcha.
I'm only using a USB 3D sound card which doesn't seem to work yet. I also ran geekbench and the total score was much lower than I expected: 5607 I'm guessing I need to do a heck of a lot more research before I can tweak this system a bit more.
H

http://browse.geekbench.ca/geekbench2/695236

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back